HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

This is so totally The Ten Commandments.

I eagerly await the swarms of locust and frogs!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Cannot log in until around 5pm CST. Save me some.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

December 06, 2009, 11:27:48 AM #402 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:13:39 AM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 11:20:45 AM

I eagerly await the swarms of locust and frogsBalrogs!

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

No! Make it swarm vestrixs and jozhal!
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 11:20:45 AM

I eagerly await the swarms of locust and frogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oX-Kcx2BAc&feature=related

Sounds kinda low.  You'll probably need to turn it up.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Tiernan, thanks for taking care of the weather issue. Staff is always really willing to help make even the weirdest of weird playable, and I really appreciate that.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

SO I just spent a third (literaly) of november absolutely engrossed in a character who ended up getting murdered, unarmed, holding her helm in her hand.... can't wait to see how my newb does with this unbelievable Shit-Storm that's coming now...

Utep's Balls everyone!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on December 06, 2009, 12:26:39 PM
SO I just spent a third (literaly) of november absolutely engrossed in a character who ended up getting murdered, unarmed, holding her helm in her hand.... can't wait to see how my newb does with this unbelievable Shit-Storm that's coming now...

Utep's Balls everyone!

Haha, sounds very much like the last month of my arm-life, actually.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 06, 2009, 12:23:58 PM
Tiernan, thanks for taking care of the weather issue. Staff is always really willing to help make even the weirdest of weird playable, and I really appreciate that.

Thank you.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

December 06, 2009, 12:58:36 PM #409 Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:13:11 PM by mansa
I'm amazed that each area of the game had individual echos displaying how the areas are reacting to the events!

:)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Have any mages casted magic missile yet?

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Quote from: mansa on December 06, 2009, 12:58:36 PM
I'm amazing that each area of the game had individual echos displaying how the areas are reacting to the events!

:)

Mansa, you're not amazing.

But yeah, I thought that was awesome - it must have taken a lot of work to set up different echoes for every area.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on December 06, 2009, 12:59:31 PM
But yeah, I thought that was awesome - it must have taken a lot of work to set up different echoes for every area.

My impression is that they don't set that stuff up ahead of time--they have individual staff working on it, as events unfold, and as they watch what the PCs do. But I could be wrong about that.

I want you all to know that I'm very pleased how my plot is going. You see, I've been working the last 2 years to guarantee that all humanoids in 2.ARM will have evolved huge, bulging eyeballs. So, thanks for helping out, and remember...player-driven!

I'm just waiting for a Krathi to go into the Rinth and go OMFGBBQ and light the place up.  That'll get a good solid riot going.

BTW, Tiernen, your avatar and picture sig make me about the happiest ever.  EVER.
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Quote from: 5 day lifespan on December 06, 2009, 01:18:03 PM
I'm just waiting for a Krathi to go into the Rinth and go OMFGBBQ and light the place up.  That'll get a good solid riot going.

BTW, Tiernen, your avatar and picture sig make me about the happiest ever.  EVER.

I like it too.

Going to go grab some chips and popcorn and wait until the action begins.  :D

Staff posts on the HRPT Happenings Thread:

It's dark, guys.

Yeah, it's dark in Allanak too.

Still dark. No stars, either.

HAY ITS DARK!

Stiiiil Dark.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I've been drinking heavily... in char and in RL since the sky went black... I haven't showered, eatten, or even gone to the bathroom since the earth moaned and cracked...

I think I just peed my pants.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Utep's Balls everyone!

I had an extremely new character survive an HRPT. The 'kill them all' scenario, actually. New chars can definitely survive.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on December 06, 2009, 01:39:02 PM

Utep's Balls everyone!

I had an extremely new character survive an HRPT. The 'kill them all' scenario, actually. New chars can definitely survive.

And old ones can die in an instant.

It's all a dice roll, and how lucky you are, and how much understanding of the combat code you have.

p.s. Thanks for fixing the weather, Tiernan!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Suk-Krath hides like a twink. Seriously, we were in the middle of a freakin' conversation, and he just disappears? Sneaks away like there's a whole crowd of celestial objects to just blend into? Yeah, twink.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 06, 2009, 01:56:26 PM
Suk-Krath hides like a twink. Seriously, we were in the middle of a freakin' conversation, and he just disappears? Sneaks away like there's a whole crowd of celestial objects to just blend into? Yeah, twink.

you didn't see the hemotes
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: Bogre on December 06, 2009, 01:39:02 PM

Utep's Balls everyone!

And old ones can die in an instant.

The only thing worse than having a new character die off the bat is having an old one die in an instant.

For everyone, I would suggest adopting the mindset that your character -is- going to die. There's no way to prevent it, all you can do is delay.

Quote from: Nyr on December 06, 2009, 01:57:31 PM

You know what happens if you type "watch suk-krath"?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 06, 2009, 02:02:59 PM
Quote from: Nyr on December 06, 2009, 01:57:31 PM

You know what happens if you type "watch suk-krath"?

You are blinded unable to see ever again!

Oops... that might be too IC.
Grebber - One who grebs.