The Way, revisited

Started by crymerci, June 25, 2003, 12:31:27 AM

I couldn't find the other discussion on the changes to the Way, so I hope I'm not broaching a taboo subject in giving my opinion now that the changes have settled in.

I still don't like the changes.  I'll leave that at that.

But you know what I dislike even more?

<68 stun> contact louis
You contact the portly, satchel-mouthed man with the Way.
<47 stun>
The use of the Way drains you.
<39 stun>
<35 stun>
<27 stun>
<19 stun> (You press enter after spending a whopping 10 seconds or so typing your 1 1/2 line message, sitting down, indoors.)
<0 stun>
Your vision goes black.

Should I just pre-type all of my Way messages before trying to contact?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I enjoy them.  Ha.
It's easier to get the first contact in.  It uses less stun to psi to someone.

I think you just got unlucky with a few rolls.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

A foreign presence contacts your mind.
The the portly, satchel-mouthed man sends you a telepathic message:
   "Looking good, Billy Ray!"

You suffer from use of the Way.
You send a telepathic message to the portly, satchel-mouthed man:       "Feeling good, Louis!"

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

This cap of crymerci's has nothing to do with the recent changes to the Way, it has to do with other factors.

I pretype all my Way messages, there's nothing wrong with it, and it works very well.  Also, if these drains happened all in a short period of time, say, over 10 seconds, then further use of the Way will see the pace of the drain lessen.

Lazloth: Rofl, I got that! One of the best movies ever!

Lookit how happy those two gorillas seem together.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I oftentimes just type out my message before hand and paste it in to save time. Works for me. Either way, if you're resting or sitting, I don't generally see stun go down -too- fast.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

waiting for your stun to come up above 0 is a huge ooc hassle though... last time I knocked myself out with the way (Third...time now..I always feel dumb when i do it. heh) it took a full half hour irl for him to wake up. he was lying in the street though, if that makes a diff.

another thing which was intresting (I did bug it) once my chars health went down to -10...and then came up to 1, so he lived...then he got up and started...running, but his stun was still at 0 till about ten minutes later 'your head clears and your eyes flutter open'
Veteran Newbie

hehe.. Crymerci as I remember our time playing together, your character almost made me make aliases for whipping out the smelling salts and waving them under your face. I personally think you just have bad luck with the Way.

Lazloth---Heh, I was actually making a reference to Louis Armstrong, "Satchmo" (Satchel-mouth).  But Trading Places is a damn good movie.

Kankman---I think I just end up getting the most playing time and enjoyment with characters with crappy wisdom and people Waying them  all the time.  And I've gotten much better at not fainting since that character.  Well, mostly.  :roll:
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"<68 stun> contact louis
<47 stun>
<39 stun>
<35 stun>
<27 stun>
<19 stun> (You press enter after spending a whopping 10 seconds or so typing your 1 1/2 line message, sitting down, indoors.)
<0 stun>
Your vision goes black.
That actually happens to me once or twice even WITH pre-typed messages. I think it's lag or a code quirk. AFAIK it's a bug that only happens with really bad way-ers.

I would like to see the delay on contact removed.  Putting a delay on an effect that is continuously draining away your mental energy is cruel.  One time when I saw that I wasn't going to have enough stun to psi a message I entered "break" but passed out before the contact dely ended.  Bummer.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Or maybe the delay could be moved to before instead of after.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Nah, Get rid of the delay on contact, no reason for it now anyway.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job