Yes.
No.
Yes, with a caveat.
No, with a caveat.
Hah.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

What I don't like about this is the emphasis on numbers.

I'd rather see "combat postures". Full fight, which is as it is now. Defensive fight, where one attacks only half as often or half as "hard" and concentrates on defense. And full defense, which is as it is now.
Lunch makes me happy.

Numbers I'm cool with, but I was wondering if maybe Ginka doesn't have to store the temp-stats, but merely apply a modifier to skills when check is performed against skills? Unless that would mean adding some sort of variable check on -every- skill function, which would be tedious and ridiculous.

But thats all I was thinking, was a percentage modifier. Could likely store the percentages as an array in a single database column (though this would be a ridiculous amount of back-end work to be sure each position in the array corresponds to the correct skill).

I am glad this is in mind for 2.Arm, but I wouldn't MIND seeing it in Current.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I definitely like it.

Sometimes you don't want the guy you're following around to figure out that your stealth abilities are ninja-like simply because you're following him and he starts sneaking.

However, I definitely see the potential for severe mishaps.  How many times do you forget you have 'mercy on' after sparring, then have to wait that annoying fucking 10 seconds to finish off your next kill?  Now imagine if that wasn't 'mercy on,' but was 'set defense nil,' and a tregil reels you with brutal bite to the nutsack.

I guess you could chalk it up to the player being aware...but goddamn, there are already a hundred and one things you have to keep track of as it is.  Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if all your modified skills were listed in 'stat,' and you could reset them all back to 100% of your ability with a single command (reset all, or whatever).
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I guess you could have an addition to prompt to remind you. Just something to list which skills you had scaled currently.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 04, 2009, 06:25:12 AM
However, I definitely see the potential for severe mishaps.  How many times do you forget you have 'mercy on' after sparring, then have to wait that annoying fucking 10 seconds to finish off your next kill?  Now imagine if that wasn't 'mercy on,' but was 'set defense nil,' and a tregil reels you with brutal bite to the nutsack.

Perhaps this is a place for the suggested "spar" command..  Your skills are maxed by default with kill, but have the modifiers with "spar".. Of course, we're instantly limiting the scope of controllable skills down to combat skills only.

You know, the easiest way to deal with this issue of forgetting would be to give scaling back a time limit of, say, 5 minutes, unless you locked it. If you locked it, that would be your own fault.

Marshall, I disagree only in that my original intent for Complete Control wasn't meant as much as a diversion from the sparring thread. Compete Control would be more of an RP tool for people, than it would a straight sparring tool. There are multiple occasions where CC would be great (Templar inquisitions, convincing people you really suck) and sparring is just ONE of those instances.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.