Request for ideas about the Request Tool

Started by Morgenes, June 07, 2009, 05:23:30 PM

w00t thanks!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Perhaps an 'Other' section?  To keep people -inside- the request tool, rather than forcing them to send an email to the MUD account?

Immortals can change the subsection that requests enter, right?

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'd like to know how you would go about getting a password reset (presuming you lost it) via the request tool. That'd require some skill getting ONTO the request tool without it. :P
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on June 09, 2009, 11:02:26 PM
I'd like to know how you would go about getting a password reset (presuming you lost it) via the request tool. That'd require some skill getting ONTO the request tool without it. :P

One way is to make it so that you don't lose your password.  How often does the game reset your password?  When you change your email address.

There's a slight problem with this, though, where if you TYPO your email address, you can't get into the game anymore.   Example:

Choose thy fate: e

You are about to change the email associated with your account.
When you enter your email, a random password will be generated
and mailed to it, so it is very important that you don't
typo your email address.

IMPORTANT: hotmail.com no longer accepts e-mail from armageddon.org addresses.  Until they do you should not change your email address to anything at hotmail.com as you will not get approval emails or other information sent from the game.

Press RETURN to abort

Enter a new email for your account:  ***************

That email is already registered to another account.  If you already have
an account, and have forgotten the password to it, mail
mud@ginka.armageddon.org.

Enter your e-mail address:  ***************

We have received your request to change your email.
We have created a new password for you and mailed it to the address
you provided.

Press RETURN to disconnect

It would be better if it asked you to retype your email to verify it, so you never send your password to a scrambled email address you typoed.

Uggg... i remember that locking me out of the game for two weeks once.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.