Pending change to starting contact

Started by Morgenes, June 05, 2009, 08:11:11 PM

As a trade off, lets bring back HP loss when you use the way!

Although, in a serious vein, it would be nice if assess -v started showing stun levels after they were below 50%.  IE no message before then, then increasing stages of wooziness or whatever.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Thunkkin on June 10, 2009, 07:41:08 PM
so, if someone's true-name is Amos, "contact Amos" provides a bonus.

If they are a tall, muscular man, "contact tall.muscular.man" provides a bonus.

Would "contact amos.tall.muscular.man" provide even MORE of a bonus?

Actually, contact doesn't need the spaces, you should do:  contact amos tall muscular man, and yes that would provide more of a bonus than just amos.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

This went live with this morning's reboot.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

What happens if we do:
contact tall.muscular.man.amos?

Does it still work, or will the code give you an error?

If it gives an error, I'd like to request a code change addition so that it also allows you to do that.
Why?
Because it keeps the contact code more consistant with other existing code (the emote code)
I'd also like it to keep the old functionality of contact, so that old players don't need to learn new code.

If it doesn't give an error, and still allows for it to work, then we're in the clear!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on June 12, 2009, 02:23:39 PM
What happens if we do:

If it doesn't give an error, and still allows for it to work, then we're in the clear!

yes, please. it's critical for intuitiveness. think of the newbies!

Quote from: mansa on June 12, 2009, 02:23:39 PM
What happens if we do:

Does it still work, or will the code give you an error?

If it gives an error, I'd like to request a code change addition so that it also allows you to do that.
Why?
Because it keeps the contact code more consistant with other existing code (the emote code)
I'd also like it to keep the old functionality of contact, so that old players don't need to learn new code.

It won't give you an error, but you currently won't get a bonus for each keyword.  Next reboot, it will.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Ma prayers are answered!!!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one