Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Yes, I suggested the flag system some years ago, maybe time to put it up again.

Somebody find the thread.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 27, 2011, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: NOFUN on March 27, 2011, 04:47:50 PM
I'd like to see a flag system for consent

>consent torture on
>consent rape off

>Check x's consent
x's consent is: torture is on, rape is off, enslavement is on, dryhumping is on etc etc

the less ooc communication the better. i vote win. my torture would totally be on; the more gruesome my death is the more fun to watch.

Sure, provided that all the consents are toggled off when you first get into the game. That way there isn't ever a case of someone forgetting to set them and not remembering until the other person is balls deep into the emotes.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Yeah, I'd like consent toggle on too. It's a bit awkward to ask, and definitely breaks character.
> ooc Uhh... my character would like to rape yours.
> ooc Is that fine?
> ooc Because if it's not.. I could just kill you
> ooc I mean, Not that I'll kill you because you wouldn't OOC let me rape her, but because it's something he'd do
> ooc Well, he'll kill her anyway even with the rape, i just thought that like it's more in character, and better to end it that way.
> ooc Not that I'm saying rape is good. From an OOC.. and IC perspective. It's just something we could roleplay.
> ooc Not saying that you're into it either.. unless you are. Because I'm not... unless you are.
> ooc Oh never mind, this is kinda weird.
> backstab woman

Even more awkward to do this with NPCs, and sometimes I can't tell who's an NPC and who's just a link dead person.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

try:
>OOC Consent rape?
next time. They should only OOC yes or no back.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Strapped glow crystals not being lit when you log in. If they were off when you logged in, people might actually wear them all the time, instead of always taking them off.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

My last character had that problem but with irrig staffs. If they're strapped to your back, they turn themselves on when you log in without your knowledge.

Quote from: Taven on March 27, 2011, 07:12:58 PM
Strapped glow crystals not being lit when you log in. If they were off when you logged in, people might actually wear them all the time, instead of always taking them off.

Oh hell yes. I tend to bug and typo a lot and somehow I have never though to bug or idea this, or post about it on the gdb. It would be great to not have to remember to turn them off on login.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: SMuz on March 27, 2011, 05:50:05 PM
> ooc Is that fine?
> ooc I mean, Not that I'll kill you because you wouldn't OOC let me rape her, but because it's something he'd do
> ooc Well, he'll kill her anyway even with the rape, i just thought that like it's more in character, and better to end it that way.
> ooc Not that I'm saying rape is good. From an OOC.. and IC perspective. It's just something we could roleplay.
> ooc Not saying that you're into it either.. unless you are. Because I'm not... unless you are.
> backstab woman

If only the quote space were a little longer. This was funny.

Quote from: Taven on March 27, 2011, 07:12:58 PM

+1 to this. But until that day, just set up a login-script client side that extinguishes your glow crystals every time you enter the game. That's what I do when I have characters who wear these.

Quote from: SMuz on March 27, 2011, 04:06:09 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on March 27, 2011, 02:31:52 PM
Quote from: Salt Merchant on March 26, 2011, 08:45:37 AM
I'd like to see a few really large rocks (granite, obsidian, marble and such) that can only reasonably be picked up and carried by a half-giant or a robust dwarf placed about the world. Stone workers could hire people to go out and fetch one in.

Or, even better, Half-giants can forage 'gigantic fucking rocks'.

>get obsidian.deposit

Does that work?

And does it have a normal ldesc when it's dropped again, or does it appear to still be out in the desert?

Also, what about other sorts of stone?
Lunch makes me happy.

I wish there was a date command.

No, not that kind of date.

I wish when something significant happened in your PC's life you could type "record date" and it would record the date, much how it records your birthday. Yes, I know that bios are written on specific dates. However, the idea is that when you type "dates" it would show the event title, the date, and how many IC days/months/years it's been since then, just like it does with birthdays (not exactly, but close enough).

Also calling it a "Date command" just amuses me.

Cool idea, although in all fairness you could just "date" your bio entries for right now.

Quote from: musashi on March 28, 2011, 11:36:42 PM
Cool idea, although in all fairness you could just "date" your bio entries for right now.

No, you're missing the main point. Bio entries already automatically record the IC date they are created. This command would allow you to see exactly how much time has passed since then, or alternately how much time there is before that time comes around again. "It's only thirty days until the day me n' my mate Talia met, I remember it well!"

I wish we could add charms and or adorn spears.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Taven on March 28, 2011, 11:43:22 PM
Quote from: musashi on March 28, 2011, 11:36:42 PM

No, you're missing the main point. Bio entries already automatically record the IC date they are created. This command would allow you to see exactly how much time has passed since then, or alternately how much time there is before that time comes around again. "It's only thirty days until the day me n' my mate Talia met, I remember it well!"

No no I get it. It would be cool. I'm just saying that till then, you can include IC dates in the actual text of your bio entry so you can have the information on hand.

Let us eat/drink more with a single use of the command.

For example,

eat pizza 6

results in eating the whole pie.

Quote from: Drayab on March 29, 2011, 01:57:56 AM

For example,

eat pizza 6

Why not "eat all of pizza"?

Quote from: Taven on March 28, 2011, 11:43:22 PMNo, you're missing the main point. Bio entries already automatically record the IC date they are created. This command would allow you to see exactly how much time has passed since then, or alternately how much time there is before that time comes around again. "It's only thirty days until the day me n' my mate Talia met, I remember it well!"
We can't do that in real life without some tool to keep track of this.  Why should we be able to do this with our characters?  Why should our characters, for that matter, have such a good concept of what day it is on a regular basis?  We only are able to follow this stuff because of calendars and the like, things which illiterate people don't have much of.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Drayab on March 29, 2011, 01:57:56 AM

For example,

eat pizza 6

As long as it's followed by a tiny coded possibility of choking and losing hp/stun, based on size. I'd bet that if a small guy tried to eat a whole pizza in half a minute, he'd have trouble, while a half giant or elf might not.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I like the > eat all    idea.  Just take in as much food as in your inv    This would be esp good for groups instead of massive spamming
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

+1 for the eat all and maybe give all too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Only thing to remember with eat all/drink all is poison.  You going to be happy if instead of a single bite of poison you've now ingested the entire thing?  "I would have stopped right away!"  Not sure how the code works with this ala if it's just on/off or if poisons have varying degrees, but something to consider.

+1 to eliminating spam

-1 removing control from pcs.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

eat pizza all (taking a lot of little bites and chewing each bite very carefully)

As for poison, the dose will still only depend on whether you use eat or taste. Whether you use 'eat pizza all' or 'eat pizza' determines if there is leftover poison pizza for your pals. I don't think that is a big deal.

I'm, not sure how complicated it would be, but it could go like:

>
eat all pizza

>The tall, muscular man starts eating a pizza.

(long pause)

> The tall, muscular man finishes eating a pizza.

or...

>
eat all pizza

> The tall, muscular man starts eating a pizza

> You feel ill!

>
stop

> The tall, muscular man stops eat a partially-eaten pizza.

But I think now we've moved on from having a random /tiny/ want.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on March 29, 2011, 04:10:30 PM
>
eat all pizza

> The tall, muscular man starts eating a pizza

> You feel ill!

>
stop

> The tall, muscular man stops eat a partially-eaten pizza.

But I think now we've moved on from having a random /tiny/ want.

I think that way will work the best.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: SMuz on March 27, 2011, 05:50:05 PM
Yeah, I'd like consent toggle on too. It's a bit awkward to ask, and definitely breaks character.
> ooc Is that fine?
> backstab woman

Even more awkward to do this with NPCs, and sometimes I can't tell who's an NPC and who's just a link dead person.

I laughed and laughed.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?