Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 25, 2011, 09:50:39 AMEDIT: OOPS, I should only post tiny code wants instead of derailing.

Want: Half-elves who choose to appear fully elven being granted master-rank allundean.
Tossing an idea out, building on this, and using made-up numbers...

So right now, all half-elves get something like 100% sirihish and 80% allundean, or close to that, from my observing... anyway, what if those looking human kept these numbers, those looking elven had them reversed and those looking obviously half-elven get to choose at chargen based on background?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 25, 2011, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 25, 2011, 09:50:39 AMEDIT: OOPS, I should only post tiny code wants instead of derailing.

Want: Half-elves who choose to appear fully elven being granted master-rank allundean.
Tossing an idea out, building on this, and using made-up numbers...

So right now, all half-elves get something like 100% sirihish and 80% allundean, or close to that, from my observing... anyway, what if those looking human kept these numbers, those looking elven had them reversed and those looking obviously half-elven get to choose at chargen based on background?

If that's not the way it currently works, it totally should.

Eh.  The reason starting sirihish was bumped for full city elves and dwarves was because it didnt make since they wouldn't speak the common tongue.  Doesn't reason that half-elves would suddenly have that problem.

Both languages should be 100%.  It starts out high enough and the learning curve on languages by that point is infinitesimal that all it serves is pointing out newbs.

100%, both languages.  All the time.  What's it gonna break?

(or get rid of half-elves.  kank disease should kill the kanks best friend too ;-)
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

New RTCW:  For walking around in silt to AUTO dusty things in the correct ranges of clothing.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

there isn't a person on our planet that doesn't have a complete knowledge of one tongue by the time they're an adult, save the ones with mental problems. half-elves having no culture, should also not have their own special language. i agree with the ones looking like elves should get reversed language talents from the current setup though. just not the half-elves having an incomplete knowledge of both. maybe give those a choice?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I would rather they get a separate choice about their language preference, instead of tying it to what they look like.

I mean why should being born looking more like an elf than a human have any bearing whatsoever on what language you're more exposed to as a character?

What if you look more like an elf, but you were raised by your human mother because your Red Fang rapist of a father was nowhere to be seen?

I say make language preference an option just like the option for whether you want to look like a human, a breed, or an elf.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Just bringing up again that I would give Yam's firstborn child for linguists to be able to choose which languages they speak at chargen. Sometimes being able to speak Cavilish or Bendune just fits a character concept more, but they aren't actually a nomad or a merchant-guild.

Fortunately there's another subguild that offers bendune, but no such luck with Cavilish. :(
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Help caravan_guide
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

The saddle objects to function as a means to better ride, as well to be placeable on mounts.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 25, 2011, 06:54:28 PM
there isn't a person on our planet that doesn't have a complete knowledge of one tongue by the time they're an adult, save the ones with mental problems.
Or people who are not exposed to one language, or people who are exposed to some of the language...

Quote from: Potaje on March 25, 2011, 07:42:50 PM
The saddle objects to function as a means to better ride, as well to be placeable on mounts.

pack saddle beetle

want: coded cannons, or at least that boom stick from the original star trek.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: Case on March 25, 2011, 07:57:31 PM
there isn't a person on our planet that doesn't have a complete knowledge of one tongue by the time they're an adult, save the ones with mental problems.
Or people who are not exposed to one language, or people who are exposed to some of the language...

oh, right, like creoles--- literally, a language spoken by a people who had have exposure to two already established languages, creating a hodge-podge of both. pidgins are languages where only trade words have creeped in. is this what you mean?

agreeing with musashi, here. some of my halfies' background don't work as smoothly with what my halfies can speak.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 25, 2011, 09:51:53 PM
Quote from: Case on March 25, 2011, 07:57:31 PM

oh, right, like creoles--- literally, a language spoken by a people who had have exposure to two already established languages, creating a hodge-podge of both. pidgins are languages where only trade words have creeped in. is this what you mean?
Creoles are a full, 'proper' language, they just grow out of a pidgin language. Pidgin languages are more of an issue of expedience.

The situations I mentioned above:
1. Somebody who grows up without exposure to spoken language. I imagine support for deaf people in Zalanthas is minor. Somebody who grows up alone perhaps.
2. Somebody who is only exposed to partial language, possibly pidgin. It could be their language mentor was somebody who spoke poorly, or spoke little.

I would say a lot of this would come about from child abuse/neglect, a la Kaspar Hauser.

It doesn't make sense that all halfbreeds speak some allundean - perhaps this could be chosen at chargen? If the 'breed looks elven, perhaps it could start higher too.

I just want a way for half-elves to be able to pass as elven without having to take the linguist subguild. I don't really care how that's achieved.

Hey guys, lets not derail the thread with a discussion on languages. Take it here instead.
http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,40915.0.html#new
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

March 26, 2011, 08:45:37 AM #1840 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:47:47 AM by Salt Merchant
I'd like to see a few really large rocks (granite, obsidian, marble and such) that can only reasonably be picked up and carried by a half-giant or a robust dwarf placed about the world. Stone workers could hire people to go out and fetch one in.
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on March 26, 2011, 08:45:37 AM
I'd like to see a few really large rocks (granite, obsidian, marble and such) that can only reasonably be picked up and carried by a half-giant or a robust dwarf placed about the world. Stone workers could hire people to go out and fetch one in.

That is a pretty damn awesome idea.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 26, 2011, 09:16:24 AM

That is a pretty damn awesome idea.
+1
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Yay. Another reason for everyone to cultivate a pet half-giant or pet companion dwarf.

Or, even better, Half-giants can forage 'gigantic fucking rocks'.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I'm for anything that is "randomly" spawned and can be cultivated only by a number of people, or half-giants/dwarves.

Even if its just the regular stones, so you can have a half-giant carry back a "ginormous, rough-edged block of sandstone", hell yeah.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Reiloth on March 27, 2011, 02:31:52 PM

Or, even better, Half-giants can forage 'gigantic fucking rocks'.

>get obsidian.deposit
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

March 27, 2011, 04:47:50 PM #1847 Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:49:30 PM by NOFUN
I'd like to see a flag system for consent

>consent torture on
>consent rape off

>Check x's consent
x's consent is: torture is on, rape is off, enslavement is on, dryhumping is on etc etc
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on March 27, 2011, 04:47:50 PM
I'd like to see a flag system for consent

>consent torture on
>consent rape off

>Check x's consent
x's consent is: torture is on, rape is off, enslavement is on, dryhumping is on etc etc

the less ooc communication the better. i vote win. my torture would totally be on; the more gruesome my death is the more fun to watch.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!