Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

July 28, 2010, 04:30:33 PM #750 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:37:28 PM by Styx
In Tuluk:

assess (dude) status

"That person significantly outranks you."
"That person is your social equal."
"You could make that person do tavern tricks for fun."

With the imms assigning a 1-10 scale, sure, there are some variables, but it might help undercut some of the goofy social questions Tuluk seems to be rife with over the last, endless hundred years of "New Tuluk".
The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me
the renegade, who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
nevermore to go astray, the judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

Quote from: Cutthroat on July 28, 2010, 12:40:58 PM
The ability to forage with no hands free, provided there is a proper tool in both hands that could perhaps provide a boost to forage (such as a shovel, or a pickaxe).

Yes. Or dual-wielding shovels.

The male wearing a rather convincing green masks exclaims, in sirihish:
             "Hold onto yer lugnuts, it's tiiiiime for an OVERHAUL!"

I want basic weapon maintenance to be available to those who don't have the skill.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Rhyden on July 28, 2010, 10:34:31 PM
Quote from: Cutthroat on July 28, 2010, 12:40:58 PM
The ability to forage with no hands free, provided there is a proper tool in both hands that could perhaps provide a boost to forage (such as a shovel, or a pickaxe).

Yes. Or dual-wielding shovels.

Because that totally makes sense.

For climb to be available to everyone, regardless of guild, with varying levels of mastery available to each.

Craftable crossbow bolts.
The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me
the renegade, who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
nevermore to go astray, the judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

Quote from: Styx on July 29, 2010, 10:10:25 AM
Craftable crossbow bolts.

There are some, but apparently you have to be a Salarri to figure it out.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

There's a craft recipe example for crossbow bolts in 'help fletchery':
Quote from: help fletchery
   > craft branch feather into black-fletched crossbow bolt

---

Random Tiny Want: Drawing two weapons at once if both hands are free.

The option to have cooks feed a PC to 'full' without having to spam asking for and eating bread:

>ask cook feast
The cook prepares some food for you, and you eat your fill!

This is nitpicky as hell, but I'd love it if you could put hunger/thirst in your prompt and turn the whole-line messages off.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

I'd like to see something where you could have an item and check what you could make with it, even if you don't have the other components needed E.G

craft shard

You don't think you could craft that into anything.

If you had a short length of bone, you could craft it into a -whatever-

I'd like to be able to eat well past the "full" point, resulting, over time, in changes to my PC's weight.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 01, 2010, 03:30:59 PM
I'd like to be able to eat well past the "full" point, resulting, over time, in changes to my PC's weight.

This is a great idea.

Strength could potentially go up based on your diet, or agility could go down.
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Blackisback on July 29, 2010, 09:57:17 AM
For climb to be available to everyone, regardless of guild, with varying levels of mastery available to each.

This. This lots. Even if most guilds cap at apprentice. Still.

Quote from: Jengal on August 01, 2010, 03:23:03 PM
I'd like to see something where you could have an item and check what you could make with it, even if you don't have the other components needed E.G

craft shard

You don't think you could craft that into anything.

If you had a short length of bone, you could craft it into a -whatever-

Probably not a tiny want, but...

Add functionality to the 'examine' command that would let your character study and remember items, and create a memory of items your PC has spent time with.  Then when trying to 'craft shard' it would have a decent chance of showing you recipes that use the shard and items from your character's memory that you could create if you had the necessary items.

For crafting to be lenghtier but more realistic. Instead of automatically crafting a piece of bone into a sword, how about having to work the components into other forms?

For instance:

>Craft bone
You can craft this into a jagged bone blade
You can craft this into a round bone pommel
You can craft this into a bone cross-hilt

Then, when you have the components crafted, you can assemble the entire item. I know it's more complicated than the current system, but, personally, I feel it would be more rewarding in the long run.
Also, for components to have varying levels of awesomeness.
You can quickly craft that piece of bone into a cross-hilt, or you can spend extra time and materials to craft it into an engraved, gem-inlaid cross-guard. Such extraordinary craftsmanship would be necessary to make the higher level items.

So, ideally, as a master-crafter it would look like:

Inv:
-an engraved, gem-inlaid cross-guard
-a long, razor-sharp bone blade
-an ivory hilt wrapped in carru leather
-an engraved, gem-inlaid ivory pommel

>Craft guard hilt blade pommel
You can craft a razor-sharp, gem-inlaid longsword from that

Quote from: Blackisback on August 01, 2010, 07:22:53 PM
For crafting to be lenghtier but more realistic. Instead of automatically crafting a piece of bone into a sword, how about having to work the components into other forms?

For instance:

>Craft bone
You can craft this into a jagged bone blade
You can craft this into a round bone pommel
You can craft this into a bone cross-hilt

Then, when you have the components crafted, you can assemble the entire item. I know it's more complicated than the current system, but, personally, I feel it would be more rewarding in the long run.
Also, for components to have varying levels of awesomeness.
You can quickly craft that piece of bone into a cross-hilt, or you can spend extra time and materials to craft it into an engraved, gem-inlaid cross-guard. Such extraordinary craftsmanship would be necessary to make the higher level items.

So, ideally, as a master-crafter it would look like:

Inv:
-an engraved, gem-inlaid cross-guard
-a long, razor-sharp bone blade
-an ivory hilt wrapped in carru leather
-an engraved, gem-inlaid ivory pommel

>Craft guard hilt blade pommel
You can craft a razor-sharp, gem-inlaid longsword from that

That would completely and utterly suck with the current crafting system's all-or-nothing failures.  It would also completely and utterly suck with the way analyze works.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

It's a neat idea, Blackisback, but I'd be pretty wary of it.  Another RPI mud has a system like that and it made crafting so damn annoying and painful that they now allow players to use auto-scripts to work through all the pointless drudgery. 

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

For crafting to not be all-or-nothing.

There to be two form of failure:
You botch your crafting attempt: Keep the items, just have to try again.
CRITICAL FAILURE: You lose the items, the way it works now.

A pursue command that works like follow, but which forces a check every time they try to unhitch you/run away. Perhaps it could compare your relative agility scores, or do a check against the pursuers subdue versus the flee skill of the person being pursued?

I often want to confront someone without immediately engaging in combat, and play out the scene a little first... but if I speak first and attack later, they simply run away. The watch command helps, but it'd be nice to have something that let's you keep up with them _and_ can be broken.

As a player, I wish there were a way to get some closure on what happened to other characters.  Sometimes playing this game feels like reading a book, only to find the last four chapters are missing.

Maybe a wiki, or some automatically-updated web tool that would allow players to look up characters that have been dead for more than a year, and see things like where/when/how they died and any details that character's player has chosen to make available like biographies, who played them, or short story narratives about what happened to the character, or the character's life in general.

> assess spear

You test its weight and decide that you could use it.
You could use this for skinning.
You test its balance and decide it could be thrown accurately.

I wish the regen rates of Stamina was harmonized like the Health Regen rates were back in '01 or '02.

Everybody regens the same amount of Stamina, only that guild determines how many ticks it needs to hit before you can regenerate some.

Ideally, in my mind, it should regen at a rate of 4 movement points across the board.  The regen rates should be quicker, but it should end up being the same amount of time required to regenerate to full that it currently has.

This would have the benefit of being able to move one room at a time "quicker" than current, but still end up taking longer time overall between a full rest and a rest move rest move situation.  Being able to move rooms allows people to interact more.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

For objects like hawks/falcons/birds to be transformed into npcs that you can actually train to give you reports upon flying through the air via whistles and chirps.

>release falcon
>You release a hunting falcon into the air - it soars high into the gritty heavens before banking in a wide circle.
>A hunting falcon continues to circle high above in the air before swooping back down in a dive for your shoulder/wrist.
>A hunting falcon belts out a squawk, gaze slitted. (this indicates -something- is nearby, though it's up to you as the player to investigate!)
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

August 05, 2010, 08:06:12 AM #774 Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:18:50 AM by Cutthroat

Random Tiny Want:
What I'd like to see is a way to see weapon durability so that weapons can be replaced before they unexpectedly break.