Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 30, 2010, 06:17:26 PM
engage code. Could work for any skill.

> craft metal metal metal metal into a massive,  steel cannon amos -engage

You prepare to craft, when the tall, muscular man moves, you will craft.

Quote from: WagonsHo on July 06, 2010, 03:26:12 PMMore consistency with the haggle code.  It makes me want to jab my eyes out.
Quote"Yes I will sell you X for the normal price that I usually sell it to you."

think Yay!

say Great.  I think I'd like a second one at the same price.

The shopkeeper yells in sirihish, "GET OUT OF MY SHOP YOU FUCKING MONSTER BEFORE I RIP YOUR INTESTINES OUT OF YOUR NOSE."

think Huh.  Well.  That's -one- way to run a business.
I especially enjoy it when they kick me out without giving any 'angry' warning message first. 

And as long as I'm wishing, could I please haggle for things in bulk?  When I have to buy 50 of X, it makes me want to jump off a cliff.
It's not as bad as you think.  You have to think of it like combat.  You can't expect to one-prompt a gortok right out the gate, so expect your haggling to have to move in steps as well.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on July 06, 2010, 03:53:52 PM
Quote from: WagonsHo on July 06, 2010, 03:26:12 PMMore consistency with the haggle code.  It makes me want to jab my eyes out.
Quote"Yes I will sell you X for the normal price that I usually sell it to you."

think Yay!

say Great.  I think I'd like a second one at the same price.

The shopkeeper yells in sirihish, "GET OUT OF MY SHOP YOU FUCKING MONSTER BEFORE I RIP YOUR INTESTINES OUT OF YOUR NOSE."

think Huh.  Well.  That's -one- way to run a business.
I especially enjoy it when they kick me out without giving any 'angry' warning message first. 

And as long as I'm wishing, could I please haggle for things in bulk?  When I have to buy 50 of X, it makes me want to jump off a cliff.
It's not as bad as you think.  You have to think of it like combat.  You can't expect to one-prompt a gortok right out the gate, so expect your haggling to have to move in steps as well.

Yeah, I know.  : (  But it still makes me sigh when the shopkeeper hasn't given any angry messages, maybe two or so messages wanting to keep the price the same, I'm just within reach of the price I know I can get and then ... boom.  Kicked out.

The haggling code is exceptionally simple, and exceptionally consistent.

That doesn't mean you'll get the same price every time, though.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: tortall on August 12, 2009, 10:03:03 PM
Be able to buy several of the same item without all that freakin spam. I need 100 feathers, and it takes me like 10 minutes to buy them all.

Okay.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Oh and ...
Poked Petulant Plants, Produced Picking Pact -- Vanth.

Best update line ever.  Any explanation?  Just normalizing the syntax to get leaves/flowers off of plants?

Quote> idea I would love to 'throw dart dartboard (circle), such as commoner or whatever, in the hopes to aim at it. That way the skilled darts player can 'hustle' the game.
Your Idea has been filed.  Thanks!

Thoughts??
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: WagonsHo on July 06, 2010, 10:46:29 PM
Oh and ...
Poked Petulant Plants, Produced Picking Pact -- Vanth.

Best update line ever.  Any explanation?  Just normalizing the syntax to get leaves/flowers off of plants?

Yes, just bringing a few more plants in line with the picking system.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Quote from: WagonsHo on July 06, 2010, 10:40:43 PM
Vanth = bestest

Get in line to join the Vanth fan club, punk!  8)
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

The ability to subdue an unconscious person and release them onto a cot. Or perhaps to "arrange" their ldesc. It looks kind of silly for a critically injured person to be bleeding their life out on the ground.

Quote from: Prodikus on July 11, 2010, 03:48:13 PM
The ability to subdue an unconscious person and release them onto a cot. Or perhaps to "arrange" their ldesc. It looks kind of silly for a critically injured person to be bleeding their life out on the ground.

I believe you can 'throw' subdued people onto furniture. I could be mistaken though.

July 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM #637 Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:14:00 PM by Prodikus
Quote from: Cutthroat on July 11, 2010, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: Prodikus on July 11, 2010, 03:48:13 PM

I believe you can 'throw' subdued people onto furniture. I could be mistaken though.

Neither release nor throw works.

For the face location to be broken up into eyes, nose and mouth.

Quote from: Blackisback on July 11, 2010, 04:49:08 PM

YES PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Please let me wear my nose-rings with sunslits. :(
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Blackisback on July 11, 2010, 04:49:08 PM

Please, oh please, oh please!

Would still need 'face' for certain items though. Especially the sdesc hiding ones.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It would make more sense for facewrap to be worn over nose and mouth.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on July 11, 2010, 05:16:42 PM
It would make more sense for facewrap to be worn over nose and mouth.

Right... but since one item can't be worn on two places at the same time, we would have to keep 'face.'

Also this would let you wear your sunslits, nosering, and lipring while wearing something that covers your whole face like a mask or facewrap.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

'lower face' 'upper face' 'face'.

'face' would be facewraps and masks, and would cover lower face and upper face items when worn.

Quote from: a strange shadow on July 11, 2010, 05:42:41 PM
'lower face' 'upper face' 'face'.

'face' would be facewraps and masks, and would cover lower face and upper face items when worn.

Why don't you like face, eyes, nose, lips/mouth?

>wear khol eyes
>wear amber nose
>wear tube lips
Grebber - One who grebs.

Simplicity. I'd go for eyes/nose/mouth, with facewraps/masks/face-worn items covering the nose and mouth.

July 11, 2010, 06:57:11 PM #646 Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:59:23 PM by Reiteration
Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 11, 2010, 05:47:34 PM
>wear amber nose

Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight ♫
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on July 11, 2010, 06:57:11 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 11, 2010, 05:47:34 PM
>wear amber nose

Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight ♫

Rudolph's nose was red, not light brown.

Also, to have three main sections

Head, Face, Body.

When you're in chargen it should go:

Please describe your character's body. Do not include anything above your shoulders.

Please describe your character's head. Please exclude facial features. Your hair is included in this category.

Please describe your character's facial features. This does not include your hair.

Certain items would cover certain parts of this description, IE: Masks, Facewraps, Cloaks, Hood.

For someone to be completely  concealed, they'd need to wear items to cover the description of their head, their face, and their body.

kill amos (eyes closed)

You attack the tall, muscular man, eyes closed.

the short, muscular man attacks you, eyes closed.

kick amos (aiming high

you kick at the tall, muscular man, aiming high, but miss

you kick at the tall, muscular man, aiming hihg, connecting

the short, muscular man kicks at you, aiming high, but misses

the short, muscular man kicks at you, aiming high, connecting

Would work for bash, kick, disamr. If used with (something), would work as does now.