Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

aim crossbow fellow
You level a maar crossbow at the fellow.

Fellow sees:
The dude with a crossbow levels a maar crossbow at you. If you move, he'll shoot.

Quote from: MeTekillot on June 30, 2010, 02:59:08 PM
aim crossbow fellow

Fellow sees:
The dude with a crossbow levels a maar crossbow at you. If you move, he'll shoot.

Yes.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Akaramu on June 30, 2010, 02:14:32 PM
For some reason, the request reply links don't seem to work anymore. They only seem to link to a request review, but without reply option (or if there is, I haven't found it). It would be nifty if this was working again.

In the request history, you have to click the request (in the list) that you want to respond to, then click the magnifying glass icon that corresponds to a staff reply towards the bottom, then click "Reply".

However, if you log into the request tool first then click the link in the e-mail, you can skip all those steps.

Hope that helps.

It helped. I thought the magnifying glass was to view the reply in question, not to respond to it. The link sent in email didn't take me to the reply form anymore lately, only to the request itself.

Quote from: Reiloth on June 30, 2010, 03:45:04 PM
aim crossbow fellow

Fellow sees:

Yes.

If he passes an agility-defense check:
aim crossbow fellow
You level a maar crossbow at the fellow, but he dives out of the way!
(combat ensues)

Quote from: MeTekillot on June 30, 2010, 05:08:52 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on June 30, 2010, 03:45:04 PM
aim crossbow fellow

Fellow sees:

Yes.

If he passes an agility-defense check:
aim crossbow fellow
You level a maar crossbow at the fellow, but he dives out of the way!
(combat ensues)

I could definitely get into that.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

engage code. Could work for any skill.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 30, 2010, 06:17:26 PM
engage code. Could work for any skill.

> backstab amos -engage

The tall, muscular man makes a strange sound as you drive an obsidian halfsword between his ribs.  Congratulations, you are now engaged to the tall, muscular man!
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

moar players
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

If you could tickle someone into unconsciousness...
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

QuoteThese footpads are made of a dark, but very soft, leather, that are worn
upon the feet, laced up to fit tightly around the mid shin.  They appear to
offer very little in protection, but they are padded so as to make a minimal
amount of noise.

I really wish people would stop assuming if someone wears footpads, that they are an assassin or thief or burglar.

Many NPCs all across both city-states wear footpads. And they are just good soft leather up-to-your shin boots.

I always pictured this, or at least close:
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Let me guess, your assassin or thief got called out for wearing footpads?

July 03, 2010, 04:05:15 PM #613 Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:08:40 PM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: a strange shadow on July 03, 2010, 04:02:38 PM
Let me guess, your assassin or thief got called out for wearing footpads?

Nope. I never wear footpads for this reason.
I just think its a waste having a item no one ever wants to use for this reason.

So no need for the pop shot. I've been playing long enough not to post something like this if it was done ICly recently to me. Giving me away.

Protip:  keep the footpads, the dark cloak, and the longknives in your pack until you need to use them.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

July 03, 2010, 04:46:48 PM #615 Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:21:06 PM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: Synthesis on July 03, 2010, 04:44:25 PM
Protip:  keep the footpads, the dark cloak, and the longknives in your pack until you need to use them.

More so common sense if you wanna use them. Not a protip.
The issue is its common sense on a OOC level not IC level.
Just a random thought of mine I had while bored. Spiraled a bit too much.

Back on topic:
Nothing at the moment. More a want to myself: Use tdesc more often BM0!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tdesc for items. Srsly.

All those scraps of cloth (virtual scraps) and a tattered windcloak:

tdesc windcloak:

While the intact parts are in fairly good condition, the bottom cord or so is riddled with patches of ripped or otherwise missing fabric.

/wyn.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

For certain mounts to perk up, and take notice of people moving a few rooms away. Like horses or dogs to IRL.

Right, Brytta?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 05, 2010, 11:48:54 PM
For certain mounts to perk up, and take notice of people moving a few rooms away. Like horses or dogs to IRL.

Right, Brytta?

He said "mounts."  Yes, I want this.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

That reminded me of another game I used to play, where certain characters could eventually get pet dogs. One of the things the dogs would do is start barking at anyone hiding in the room.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

For food to rot. And the cooking skill to preserve food. And the cooking skill to make sense and not suck so bad.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 06, 2010, 12:16:49 AM

Right, Brytta?

He said "mounts."  Yes, I want this.

Hunting birds, Falcons, hawks so forth that pcs can buy in game as pets that when equipped increase a chance to see concealed beings. Cause they are trained hunters and have eyes like a Hawk, alerting with a squawk.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Everyone in the Known would suddenly develop a bird fetish.

Quote from: a strange shadow on July 06, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
Everyone in the Known would suddenly develop a bird fetish.

Yup. This sadly. Only reason I don't wanna see it.

More consistency with the haggle code.  It makes me want to jab my eyes out.

"Yes I will sell you X for the normal price that I usually sell it to you."

think Yay!

say Great.  I think I'd like a second one at the same price.

The shopkeeper yells in sirihish, "GET OUT OF MY SHOP YOU FUCKING MONSTER BEFORE I RIP YOUR INTESTINES OUT OF YOUR NOSE."

think Huh.  Well.  That's -one- way to run a business.

I especially enjoy it when they kick me out without giving any 'angry' warning message first. 

And as long as I'm wishing, could I please haggle for things in bulk?  When I have to buy 50 of X, it makes me want to jump off a cliff.