Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

April 22, 2010, 11:33:19 AM #425 Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:37:23 AM by Akoto
Quote from: X-D on April 22, 2010, 11:29:43 AM
Why, because I don't really think in words so much as imagery. And it is easier to add feelings to Imagine, and it would easily dual use as daydream.

I dig it. This type of emoting would suit my current character well, and my style in general.

Quote from: mansa on April 18, 2010, 06:18:48 PM
I'd like to have one-night stands inside the taverns, and have the rental rooms cost me less than 40 coins a night for two people.
on that note it would be nice if it lasted a night instead of having to pay again as soon as you leave.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Oh also Listen door

let's you put your ear to a door and see whats going on on the other side. obviously guards wouldn't much like you doing this.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Imagine

command im and iy

im the sun falling to the earth.

You imagine the sun falling to the earth.

iy stabbing lord templar fancypants in the eye.

You imagine yourself stabbing lord templar fancypants in the eye.

Why, because I don't really think in words so much as imagery. And it is easier to add feelings to Imagine, and it would easily dual use as daydream.

And also, on that note...

Get rid of the automatic 'feeling' before the think command.

>Remembering your father's words, you think:
          "Dad's always right."

... though I think I mentioned this before. :/
I ruin immershunz.

April 23, 2010, 06:17:46 AM #429 Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:28:47 AM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: Kankfly on April 23, 2010, 06:07:39 AM
Imagine

command im and iy

"Dad's always right."

Its been mentioned a hundred times. And people will always come up with reasons why not to, since can get around it.

>Feeling scared as you remember your father's words, you think:
         "Dad's always right."

Or feel scared as mental images of blah blah come into your mind, talking about gaping female giant's and their nasty sexual noises during mating, scarring you for life.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

clean me (brushing herself off absently)
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 26, 2010, 04:28:12 AM

clean me (brushing herself off absently)

This.

Also I think if someone comes to your apartment and knocks. Should be able to hear it in EVERY room of the apartment. Only makes sense. I hear someone knocking at my door in my bedroom, when had an apartment and not renting a house. Though eh! Random and tiny want.

I also wish people could visit your apartments, without you having to go down to get them.

I don't see why the guard gives a shit who goes in and out to be honest.

You know how easy it is now a days to break into an apartment? I am talking inrl.

Standardizing all the merchants, particularly the merchant in the Blackwing outpost. I've had more than a few times when I've walked away after the offer and forgotten to wait to receive the pay. I'm sure this is the way it is because of the particular restrictions on that merchant, but if it's changeable that'd be absolutely awesome.

I've seen staff over the months fixing all the water-selling scripts to have one standardized style and that was a fix that removed a lot of headaches. Being a player with a long career with the game those were still always a source of headaches when I had to deal with them.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

It would be nice if rugs and mats were readily available in Tuluk for an affordable price.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on April 29, 2010, 06:08:11 PM
It would be nice if rugs and mats were readily available in Tuluk for an affordable price.

It would be nice if furniture was more readily available and not outrageously expensive.

Seeing as how burglars make off with everything, even the god damn cots in apartments.
Can't buy a lot of things.

Also be nice if the counters in most apartments, could STAND at or PUSH A STOOL up to it.
Because you can not in many thing, even though are 'some spaces here' or more.

Quote from: Kankfly on April 23, 2010, 06:07:39 AM
Imagine

command im and iy

"Dad's always right."

An enthusiastic +1
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Prompts when you're about to go over a cliff, and for holes in rooms to be either prompted or difficult to fall into. Frankly, it's stupid that many holes in the ground aren't visible till you're already in them. Even if someone weren't paying attention, I'm pretty sure they'd notice a 10 foot chasm in the ground. What's the point of this, besides making gameplay frustrating?

If the descriptions for looking into the room clearly stated "this room has a big fuckall hole in the middle of it" then it wouldn't be too bad. But having a room with an otherwise normal descriptor and then filling it with a big mount-swallowing hole is ridiculous. It's not realistic, it's not vital to the tone of the world, it's just a nuisance.

I don't think I've ever ran into a hole that didn't have proper descriptions. I've been around the known a bit now, so that actually has meaning. I pays to be attentive.

Edit: Oh, and if there is one's you know of, I think staff wants you to send them the room, so it can be fixed.

I think all of the ones that were not described properly have been fixed.

Keep in mind, MANY holes are NOT visible at night from a room away, night time travel is always at own risk.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'd like to see characters gain a temporary boost to stamina/stun after sleeping for several IG hours in a bed or other comfortable setting. This would give players an incentive to sleep IG and it makes sense. I know that when I get a good night's sleep, the next morning I feel like a million bucks. I can run faster and longer, and it's easier for me to concentrate. Obviously the buff wouldn't last too long, perhaps as long as spice.

Adversely, I think the game could somewhat benefit from sleep deprivation. Obviously your character's doing stuff when you're not logged on, but say you're logged on for 4 or so IG days without even a wink of sleep, I think that should have some negative effect on your character. Perhaps a reduction in stamina/stun.

Quote from: Blackisback on April 30, 2010, 09:04:47 PM
I'd like to see characters gain a temporary boost to stamina/stun after sleeping for several IG hours in a bed or other comfortable setting. This would give players an incentive to sleep IG and it makes sense.

This is sort of present already.  You don't gain those last few points of stamina back unless you actually sleep, not just rest.

Quote from: Blackisback on April 30, 2010, 09:04:47 PM
Adversely, I think the game could somewhat benefit from sleep deprivation. Obviously your character's doing stuff when you're not logged on, but say you're logged on for 4 or so IG days without even a wink of sleep, I think that should have some negative effect on your character. Perhaps a reduction in stamina/stun.

Not a horrible idea, but I'm still opposed. :) Consider a multi-clan RPT: it's gonna take forever to get everyone together, and forever to get where you're going, and forever to try to find the other clans so they can try to kill your guys, and forever to finally get the survivors back where you came from.  Does it really add much to burn RPT time because people need to sleep?

That's one that I'd rather leave it to the players' discretion.  Sometimes I do want to RP sleeping; usually I'd rather be doing something more interactive.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

QuoteThe grizzled byn sergeant says, "Now that we've reached the entrance to the lair of the vicious babyeaters..."

The spunky runner exclaims, "Nap time!"

The spunky runner gets a baby blue blanket from his canvas backpack.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on April 30, 2010, 10:10:10 PM
QuoteThe grizzled byn sergeant says, "Now that we've reached the entrance to the lair of the vicious babyeaters..."

The spunky runner gets a baby blue blanket from his canvas backpack.

Hah!  You knew my first Bynner?
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

May 07, 2010, 09:59:31 AM #443 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:13:31 AM by Thunkkin
Caveat: I'm not meaning this to bash other players.

Some people have trouble pushing the button on their keyboard with the little dot that we call a period.  Maybe they type too fast.  Who knows.  I don't care.  I'd love for the mud to automatically insert a period any time there is no punctuation present at the end of a sentence.  As far as I can tell, there is absolutely zero IC purpose in having a sentence NOT end in punctuation at all.  Same with capitalizing the first word in any spoken phrase.  Are there situations in which people must begin a phrase with a lower caps word or end a sentence without any punctuation?

These two changes would go a long way toward making certain players (whom I enjoy playing with) less distracting and less identifiable.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on May 07, 2010, 09:59:31 AM
Stuff.... About punctuation and capitalization...

I'd love for it to auto-capitalized the first word in every say, tell, and such also.

I've seen a lot less capitalization and punctuation of late. Though I assume some them are new players too be fair.

My random tiny wants:

ALL APARTMENTS should have some set items in them.
And they should be locked into the room.

ALSO: Those items already locked into the rooms, should show under the desc, and allow you to 'arrange' them. Eh.

I'd like for the code to auto-correct capitalization/punctuation errors. I've actually seen a lot of capitalization where it doesn't belong, rather than where it does belong. To wit:

At your table, Smoothing down his cloak, the green-haired guy says, in sirihish, "hello"

The red-eyed man has arrived from the north, Humming a ditty.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

"But," said Pooh, "there are times when I really do want Special Capitalization."
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on May 07, 2010, 01:24:46 PM
"But," said Pooh, "there are times when I really do want Special Capitalization."

The grizzled byn sergeant says, "Now that we've reached the entrance to the lair of the vicious babyeaters..."

His voice rising to a roar that sends the nearby dangling web aquivering, the grizzled byn sergeant exclaims, " WHAT!!"

The spunky runner says, " nothing. "

I would love it if being asleep didn't block telepathy.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on May 08, 2010, 10:12:29 AM
I would love it if being asleep didn't block telepathy.

Instead they translate into dreams.

*ahem* Anyway...

I would love to:

>buy 10.piece

>You buy (10) pieces of bones for 70 obsidian coins.

That would make buying so much easier instead of spamming the screen.
I ruin immershunz.