Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I agree - greatcloaks and robes that cover everything from below the neck down to boots including sleeves slot and shirts/blouses that cover sleeves.

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."

Quote from: Sinna on April 08, 2010, 05:45:36 AM
I agree - greatcloaks and robes that cover everything from below the neck down to boots including sleeves slot and shirts/blouses that cover sleeves.

+4
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on April 08, 2010, 09:04:01 PM
Quote from: Sinna on April 08, 2010, 05:45:36 AM

+4

+5

Also for garments without pockets (Eg. Cannot be opened/closed) To hide equpment simply by wearing them.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Let's not forget all those back inkings that are so vivid they can be see through a shirt -and- a cloak.
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

You can't see those when looking at them, and I am sure it is a simple limitation/quirk of the code that you get the message about the tattoo/scar being revealed when someone takes off their backpack.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Thirst code should be linked to encumbrance, if it isn't already.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 09, 2010, 06:54:49 PM
Thirst code should be linked to encumbrance, if it isn't already.

And running. And combat. And... you know. That kind of stuff.
-Kuh

I wish the face slot was actually 3-4 slots.  The code could track them as face1, face2, etc., but they would all display as <face>.  Then I could get a nose ring, a tattoo, and some warpaint.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on April 12, 2010, 05:34:08 PM
I wish the face slot was actually 3-4 slots.  The code could track them as face1, face2, etc., but they would all display as <face>.  Then I could get a nose ring, a tattoo, and some warpaint.

Thunkkin.... I think I love you.

Although I'd rather see something like

<eyes> the smexy eyeliner
<nose> a gorgeous nose ring
<mouth> a polished sliver of bone
<face> a red sandcloth bandana

for the displays.

Even though I admit that that could take a lot of coding.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

There's already similar code in place for that - fingers and ears, for example.

<worn on finger> A ring of green schwartz
<worn on finger> The One Ring
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Ashes on April 12, 2010, 09:02:32 PM

Although that might be similar on a code level, on an item level, it's really not. You don't want sunslits on your mouth, or kohl on your nose, etc, etc, so I'm thinking more in that it might require a lot of items already in game to be changed as to their wear locations.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I wasn't trying to reach a conclusion or anything, I was just pointing out that there's already something in existence that could be hijacked for this.  I'm all for multiple "face" slots; it would be a neat addition, but it would be a service for it to be as painless for whoever works on that as possible.

'Sides, I want kohl in my mouth and sunslits on my nose.  I think it'd be interesting roleplay.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 12, 2010, 09:37:38 PM
Quote from: Ashes on April 12, 2010, 09:02:32 PM

Although that might be similar on a code level, on an item level, it's really not. You don't want sunslits on your mouth, or kohl on your nose, etc, etc, so I'm thinking more in that it might require a lot of items already in game to be changed as to their wear locations.

When wear_locs go wrong:

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

It seems to me that implementing face/mouth/nose/eye slots would be a huge amount of work, since it would require the imms to comb through every possible item and assign a new wear_loc to it (or multiple wear_locs).  Having multiple slots that all accept a "face" item would mean that the item database could remain untouched.

Except.  Then we'd have annoying people with four pairs of sunslits or four bandanas on their face.  However, we'd probably kill these people on sight so the problem would take care of itself.

As Synth suggests, however, sunslits on the backside are an excellent way to confuse predators.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

The ratty, saw-toothed half-elf exclaims, in rinthi-accented sirihish:
           "No, rilly, boss!  I couldn' take the shot!  Th'fecker had eyes in th'back of 'is 'ead!"

Templar shaped cookies.

To do nasty things with them.

>eat cookie (Snapping it in half)[biting off the templar-shaped cookie's head]
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

World peace piece.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on April 13, 2010, 07:49:33 PM
World peace piece.

We'll put the carb in Africa(it's a big hole anyways), and the down-stem in the Atlantic.

Communal places for independant crafters to craft. Easier to keep an eye on them by the greater powers, and more sociable then each in their own apartment. Might also help people wanting to buy off them as they'd be more easily found.

I'd like to have one-night stands inside the taverns, and have the rental rooms cost me less than 40 coins a night for two people.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on April 13, 2010, 07:46:52 PM
>eat cookie (Snapping it in half)[biting off the templar-shaped cookie's head]
That's not nasty at all, loser.
>: )
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Simple tasks, when in the right context, take on a whole new level of awesome.

Quote from: Ashes on April 19, 2010, 02:51:32 AM
Simple tasks, when in the right context, take on a whole new level of awesome.

Yes, they didn't REALLY want you to buff their boabab table....you should've gone with 2.boabab.  :D
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Imagine

command im and iy

im the sun falling to the earth.

You imagine the sun falling to the earth.

iy stabbing lord templar fancypants in the eye.

You imagine yourself stabbing lord templar fancypants in the eye.

Why, because I don't really think in words so much as imagery. And it is easier to add feelings to Imagine, and it would easily dual use as daydream.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job