Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I like Amanda's idea. The reason I was asking, Mansa, is because sometimes, I just want to know what language I'm speaking. I don't want to see the entire game screen scroll up with the entire list of my skills. Typing "change language" will let me do that now.  However, typing "change ldesc" returns "What do you want to change your ldesc to?" and typing "ldesc" returns "What?" Having to see 18 lines of text scroll up my screen, just to see what my current ldesc is, is fine if there's nothing going on. But if something is going on, it can be a bit too much. Same thing with "change objective." It doesn't say what your objective IS. It asks what you want to change it to. And typing just "objective" returns "What?"

So I'm saying..typing these words by themselves, should let you see what those things are -currently- set to.  Just like togglables + "status" tells you what toggleables are set to (such as listen), without your needing to keep it on a prompt.

Amanda's solution to add the word "check" to your ideas, for people to check things -one item at a time- is nice and neat. I like it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on March 09, 2010, 08:22:07 PM
I like Amanda's idea. The reason I was asking, Mansa, is because sometimes, I just want to know what language I'm speaking. I don't want to see the entire game screen scroll up with the entire list of my skills. Typing "change language" will let me do that now.  However, typing "change ldesc" returns "What do you want to change your ldesc to?" and typing "ldesc" returns "What?" Having to see 18 lines of text scroll up my screen, just to see what my current ldesc is, is fine if there's nothing going on. But if something is going on, it can be a bit too much. Same thing with "change objective." It doesn't say what your objective IS. It asks what you want to change it to. And typing just "objective" returns "What?"

So I'm saying..typing these words by themselves, should let you see what those things are -currently- set to.  Just like togglables + "status" tells you what toggleables are set to (such as listen), without your needing to keep it on a prompt.

Amanda's solution to add the word "check" to your ideas, for people to check things -one item at a time- is nice and neat. I like it.

You could also have it echo when you type the code:

Language
>you are speaking sirihish

Accent
>you are speaing rinthi

Rather than having a new command "check"
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

For every room to have the Light flag removed from them and instead have two kinds of rooms, one that is lit by windows and thus effected by the amount of light outside, and those that have no significant openings to the outside and thus not effected by the time of day. After that give every room a built in wall/street/hanging lantern that doesn't need fuel and that can be turned on and off.

In some places such as taverns the lantern would be turned on by the barkeep as it began to get dark outside, same would go for main streets with npcs walking along the streets and lighting the street lamps.

As well in places like taverns the barkeep would likely keep you from snuffing out the light but places like streets you should be able to either use something to snuff out the light same way the NPCs would or if you have the climb skill to be able to climb up the lamp and snuff out the light and darkening a section of street.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Cool idea. I would also like to see it take time to get all the street lights lit, etc. Not be instantaneous.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

March 10, 2010, 04:04:33 PM #329 Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:23:46 PM by daedroug
Quote from: jhunter on March 10, 2010, 04:00:33 PM
Cool idea. I would also like to see it take time to get all the street lights lit, etc. Not be instantaneous.
Of course  ;)

Added: To be clear I was thinking of an actual NPC with a staff for lighting the lamps and regular movement lag actually walking around the city to light the street lamps.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

I would like to be able to hold food and eat it at the same time. Like holding a kalan and eating it. Small, but nice. Like how you can hold mugs and drink from them.

And for 'bowls' and 'plates' of things to load empty bowl or empty plate objects when you finish eating what's in them.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I want a measure of size, not just weight. Esp. for containers. I've accidentally walked off with some training spears, and shoved them in my pack when I notice (I know, I know, I'm a horrible person). I think that containers such as packs and stuff should have size, and weight limits. Size limit is effected by the actual size of the container (large bags hold more than small bags) and weight limit is effected by the material of the container (leather bags hold more than cloth bags).

Also, I think we should lower the number of items players can hold. I think the limit right now is six. It's ridiculous that I can wield a sword, a shield, and six throwing knives. I think that we should have some larger items that you can only hold two of, and some smaller ones where you could hold a few. Perhaps wielding weapons would not let you hold any (i.e. your hands are full). Just throwin' stuff out there.

Probably my most likely of my suggestions: I want to be able to see if I can craft an item by using the view command. It could just be something vague, like, "You could probably make something with this.
-Kuh

Quote from: kuhfelsen on March 10, 2010, 09:14:22 PM
I want a measure of size, not just weight. Esp. for containers. I've accidentally walked off with some training spears, and shoved them in my pack when I notice (I know, I know, I'm a horrible person). I think that containers such as packs and stuff should have size, and weight limits. Size limit is effected by the actual size of the container (large bags hold more than small bags) and weight limit is effected by the material of the container (leather bags hold more than cloth bags).

The 'size' of an item is coded, as well as what items can fit in 'sized' containers.
The code was recently fixed to where you should not be able to put large sized items in smaller containers now, so if you find an instance where something large will fit in something small, one of them could possibly be off, so typo them both so staff can check them out.  You might want to mention the other item's sdesc as well to help out.

It would be AWESOME if we could see this number, though.

Quote from: kuhfelsen on March 10, 2010, 09:14:22 PM
Also, I think we should lower the number of items players can hold. I think the limit right now is six. It's ridiculous that I can wield a sword, a shield, and six throwing knives. I think that we should have some larger items that you can only hold two of, and some smaller ones where you could hold a few. Perhaps wielding weapons would not let you hold any (i.e. your hands are full). Just throwin' stuff out there.

Six isn't a set number.  The amount of items you can hold at a given time is based off your agility stat.
Also, I --believe-- staff has said before that things in your inventory CAN be viewed as "within reach." (a dagger slid up the sleeve of your cloak for example, or having four planks in your inventory when you are emoting that they are laid out on the the table or saw-kanks you are working at)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I wish there was a "curtain" on those apartments that have balcony-ish watch scripts, or something -- there's nothing to break up a tense scene in a apartment like getting spammed with PCs commuting. "close curtain", they're gone, "open curtain", they're back.  For that matter, look window to see what's already out there/room desc.

Why is it... in the dark. You can grab a torch from your container. But not anything else?
I think it would be nice to b eable to grab a lot more.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

For accents to be coded such as if you don't codedly(say 10% to being able to speak the accent) know the accent, then it is unknown to you.

the woman says in sirihish, in an unknown accent:
"Blah blah blah."

Looking over the subguild help files....
subguild_thug should get subdue.  They are thugs after all.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 13, 2010, 03:42:33 PM
Word...
Live like God.
Love like God.

Eh, I don't think so. sap + subdue + kick would be pretty awesome for an assassin though. Kinda too powerful.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 13, 2010, 03:42:33 PM

I...

What???
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on March 13, 2010, 05:57:57 PM
What???

I, Lewis Williams, would like for characters with subguild_thug to be able to use skill_subdue so that they are better able to cause harm without causing death.
Causing harm, without causing death, is what I think subguild_thug is for.

Hope that answers your question.

FW
Grebber - One who grebs.

March 13, 2010, 07:13:10 PM #341 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:15:55 PM by mansa
Thug originally had subdue.

It was removed....  for a while?  I don't know if it has it or not, honestly.

Same with how bard used to come with instrument making.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on March 13, 2010, 07:13:10 PM
Thug originally had subdue.

It was removed.

Same with how bard used to come with instrument making.

Cool.  I didn't know that.

Nevermind, then :D
Grebber - One who grebs.

Oh, thug doesn't have subdue any more?  That's where my surprised, "What???" came from.  I was under the impression they still had it.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on March 13, 2010, 08:32:31 PM
Oh, thug doesn't have subdue any more?  That's where my surprised, "What???" came from.  I was under the impression they still had it.

It was removed BEFORE the subdue / draw "feature" was disabled.

Really?  I could have sworn I had a thug since then with subdue.  Oh well.

Eh... for shits'n giggles I think there should be a "toss" command. So you can -give- people things from maybe a room away. It would be fun to roleplay a game of catch without the chance of killing each other, yeah?
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: spawnloser on March 13, 2010, 10:22:52 PM

Maybe it's still there.

I haven't played a thug in a while.  I just remember the skill being tweaked around the first year they got implemented.

Quote from: spawnloser on March 13, 2010, 10:22:52 PM

If they don't have it, they should. If they do have it, it should be added to the help file.

A prompt thingy that shows if you have a lit light source currently equipped.