Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

If the value skill for those that don't have it is really as bad as some on the GDB say it is..

How about a compare command?  Any could use it, and all it would do would return the relative weights of two objects.
compare cap massive.horned.helm
The massive horned helm feels over three times as heavy as the small cap.

Or something like that.

Also, tents should be packable without putting in a bag first.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

For 'sheath <weapon>' to default to sheathing your off hand weapon first.

That way, if you are dual wielding identical weapons, you don't have to:
>sheath bone
>sheath bone
>draw bone
Just to sheath only your off-hand weapon.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 21, 2009, 12:16:25 PM
For 'sheath <weapon>' to default to sheathing your off hand weapon first.

That way, if you are dual wielding identical weapons, you don't have to:
>sheath bone
>sheath bone
>draw bone
Just to sheath only your off-hand weapon.

Expanding on this idea of sheathing, to have your weapon automatically be sheathed on your back if your belt is full.... Instead of trying to hook it onto your full belt like a dumbshit.

I wish the food you cooked had varying levels of quality depending on your skill at cooking.  It wouldn't be either ruined food or good food, but stages in between.  And higher quality food would fill you up for longer.

So for instance, say you had a slab of raw duskhorn meat.  You could make -

A shriveled mass of burned meat
A blackened duskhorn steak
A well done duskhorn steak
A seasoned, tender duskhorn steak
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Being able to buy gear before your character enters the game.

>offer sword 50 2.cuirass

You offer a long obsidian blade and 50 obsidian coins for a leather cuirass.

For scan not to echo.

At the very least I hope that it doesn't echo when your PC is hidden/invisible.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

September 29, 2009, 09:38:55 AM #158 Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:40:40 AM by FantasyWriter
Since we have more web accessible game materiel available through the web these days (ie: bios)

Account notes:
Instead of having to request them and use staff time processing and editing them all at once, I wonder how hard it would be to set it up to where staff could (at the time the note was added to the account) also put in a IC info friendly/edited one on the account that the Player will be able to read through a web accessible account notes page.

If there's something you can do better, it's hard to fix if you don't know about it.
Grebber - One who grebs.

"guard none" to also stop guarding people.
"watch self" to also stop watching people.

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Probably the arguments "none," "self," and "off" should be functionally identical for commands where they would apply. Would increase intuitiveness in the system.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

The ability to wear a spear AND a bow on your back.

> keyword table

1.table: a round agafari table
2.table: a simple tile table
3.table: a massive stone table

> listen 2.table

You begin listening to the conversation at a simple tile table.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on October 01, 2009, 05:04:33 AM
> keyword table

1.table: a round agafari table
2.table: a simple tile table
3.table: a massive stone table

> listen 2.table

You begin listening to the conversation at a simple tile table.

and ...

> ignore 4.table

You begin ignoring the idiotic and spammy conversation at the polished baobab bar.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I want NPCs to be more selectively aggressive.

- A lone gith shouldn't attack a half-giant (but should, perhaps, summon his gith buddies).
- Some critters should run away when they're hurt rather than fighting to (their own) death.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I would like for "sheath <weapon>" to default to sheathing your secondary weapon first.
so you done have to:
>sheath dagger
>sheath dagger
>draw dagger
Grebber - One who grebs.

My random tiny want - no delay while using the value skill.

Terrain to offer bonuses and penalties.

Such as an archery bonus for shooting from high ground
An archery neg for shooting from Low ground.
Perhaps some combat negatives for fighting while mounted in a thick grove.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

To tell when you're successful hiding and sneaking, so you don't semote out this long sneaky thing just to have everyone see it and embarrass yourself...ugh hehe.

I want the Gaj to give all your gear (at least your cloak and boots) a "smelly" tag.
That will (or should) keep out the silk wearing Nobles, Templars, GMH family, and all the other people who probably shouldn't be there anyway but are just because its the OOC "place to be".
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on October 06, 2009, 02:37:30 PM
I want the Gaj to give all your gear (at least your cloak and boots) a "smelly" tag.
That will (or should) keep out the silk wearing Nobles, Templars, GMH family, and all the other people who probably shouldn't be there anyway but are just because its the OOC "place to be".

That would get really annoying I think.  How about a random (but still somewhat rare) event of being barfed on, leading to all a smelly tag on your body/legs/torso slot.

Unless I just dreamed it up, there used to be a pre-karma, pre-account feature where, when you were making a new character, you could put in your last character's name and your new character would receive a skill bonus based on your deceased character's ability.

I would love it if something like that made it back into the game.  Or Arm 2.0.

I would love it even more if the size of the skill bonus was based on the supposed rarity of the class:  Warriors and rangers would get a noticeable bump, but sorcerers and psionicists would receive none.

I want to see tattoos with the peek skill, or NOT see rings under gloves.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I want to see shops clean the bloodied/dusty/etc stuff they buy, instead of accepting five bone longswords, five bloodied bone longswords, five dusty bone longswords, etc etc.

I want to see more readily accessible cheap, shitty armor for all the newbie warriors looking to get outfitted with starting coin.