Shapes and Sandstorms

Started by Synthesis, April 17, 2009, 06:24:38 PM

> e
Terrible, biting sand whips around you.
You can't see a thing; sand swirls about you!
A faint shape is standing here.
A tall and thin faint shape is here, fighting an extremely short and thick faint shape.
An extremely short and thick faint shape is here, fighting a tall and thin faint shape.

>
A tall faint shape arrives from the west.

It would be nice if you could at least see shapes in sandstorms, so you'd know if there was anyone standing around to interact with.  As it currently stands, if you pass someone in a storm, you never know they were even there.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Would agree mostly.

Would not like to see them arrive or leave. Treating the command 'look' as focusing would reflect the intensity of a sandstorm, and the ability to miss shapes in the whirling sands, while still giving you a chance to notice stable shapes or catch glimpses of passing creatures and travelers.

I would also like to be able to see objects, based on sizes, as we currently see people. I'd start with things that are the size of a backpack and go up. Things smaller than that, I'd not bother with.

A small object sits here in the right corner.
A few large objects rest against the dark walls.
A slim shape stands here.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If I may add to this, You can see what objects the persons are toying with in a sandstorm although you can't see the persons.
draw sword
the tiny, gaunt figure draws an enormous toy sword.
Shouldn't it be;
the tiny, gaunt figure does something unrecognizable due to the weather.
or something like that

Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Quote from: Synthesis on April 17, 2009, 06:24:38 PM
It would be nice if you could at least see shapes in sandstorms, so you'd know if there was anyone standing around to interact with.  As it currently stands, if you pass someone in a storm, you never know they were even there.

As a slight derail, I thought code was changed to help see who is talking when there is a sandstorm / nighttime.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on April 20, 2009, 02:10:29 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on April 17, 2009, 06:24:38 PM

As a slight derail, I thought code was changed to help see who is talking when there is a sandstorm / nighttime.

Don't think so.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later