I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 07, 2009, 03:49:41 PM
People to use the Tdesc function. I haven't seen it used once yet on a pc other than mine.

Yea... it's awesome.  I've only used it really to emote a poorly, wrapped injury after playing tug o' war with a [horribly destructive beast]

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

oh shit, i didn't even know tdesc went in. JOY!
Free your hate.

I'd forgotten tdesc went in until I noticed someone using one the other day.  It was wonderful to see. 
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I used tdesc for a while, but since nobody ever responded to it, I fell out of the habit.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Now, if tdesc were to show up in "assess -v"...
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I think it should show up in the score command as well.

Quote from: tortall on April 06, 2009, 01:00:35 AM
People to REALLY play bards. Like, sing. Play. Dance. Perform. Do SOMETHING. I haven't seen more than one or two that really seem to be trying in a while.

I've seen more bards then performances.

I actually knew about tdesc, I just couldn't remember the verb. I prowled through help files and everything looking for it, hrmph. Thanks!
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Holy shit! T-desc!? I just used it and it's awesome. Why isn't there an official thread? Where is Marauder Moe at? What the hell. ???

Quote from: Rhyden on April 08, 2009, 01:43:59 AM
Holy shit! T-desc!? I just used it and it's awesome. Why isn't there an official thread? Where is Marauder Moe at? What the hell. ???

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,16591.0.html
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I'd like to encourage players, especially noobs like myself to keep autologging on. Really cool things happen when you least expect it (sometimes) and when they do, you'd normally be too excited to even think about logging.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Ourla on April 08, 2009, 02:17:41 AM
Quote from: Rhyden on April 08, 2009, 01:43:59 AM

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,16591.0.html

I'd like to encourage myself to read the GDB more thoroughly.

I'd like to encourage people to start more plots and quests. If you're a successful merchant or a mob leader or a good hunter, stir up the pot some and make some trouble/fun. Player-ran RPTs are the BOMB.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I'd like to encourage people who are properly RPing to keep doing it even though nobody seems to do it, e.g. solo RP, interacting with vNPCs, chatting up or talking with/about NPCs. It always adds to the game :)
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 18, 2009, 06:54:18 AM
I'd like to encourage people who are properly RPing to keep doing it even though nobody seems to do it, e.g. solo RP, interacting with vNPCs, chatting up or talking with/about NPCs. It always adds to the game :)

Proper RP != solo RP and vNPC activity, etc etc etc
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 18, 2009, 12:00:48 PM

Proper RP != solo RP and vNPC activity, etc etc etc

All of those things are part of what makes a great rper. Not the only part, but they can significantly help get into the character and bring the world to life. I fail to see how discouraging them could help the game!

The good news is, I've seen a fair bit of those recently, sent kudos for them, and felt all warm and fuzzy about it. :D
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I wasn't discouraging their use (In fact, I enjoy using 'popular' NPCs such as bartenders and waitresses), I'm just saying that calling NPC and vNPC interaction "proper" is perhaps not the right word.

Solo RP is also not "proper" RP. They are parts that make someone that may be a good RPer, better. I don't do a lot of solo RP, but I -do- make my best attempt at rounding out a character in his interactions with the world. Its an offense to say it isn't "proper" RP. /derail

I'd like to encourage more newbies to break the law. Be sneaky. Make enemies. Think that the old man at that bar over there is a pervert, and attempt to ostracize him.

Even better, someone make a gay priest of Tektolnes, and preach -against- the idea of sexualizing another mans butthole, for it is an affront to Tektolnes' butthole itself.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'd like to encourage more skill-less characters that are based around role-play and using their wits to make money, not hard-coded skills.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Be the change you want to see.
Yeah here come the rooster,
You know he ain't gonna die.

Quote from: Riev on April 18, 2009, 02:31:04 PM
Even better, someone make a gay priest of Tektolnes, and preach -against- the idea of sexualizing another mans butthole, for it is an affront to Tektolnes' butthole itself.

What in the fuck?

Quote from: Riev on April 18, 2009, 02:31:04 PM
I wasn't discouraging their use (In fact, I enjoy using 'popular' NPCs such as bartenders and waitresses), I'm just saying that calling NPC and vNPC interaction "proper" is perhaps not the right word.

Solo RP is also not "proper" RP. They are parts that make someone that may be a good RPer, better. I don't do a lot of solo RP, but I -do- make my best attempt at rounding out a character in his interactions with the world. Its an offense to say it isn't "proper" RP. /derail
Exactly. It's hard enough to solo RP as it is, so if you like doing it, and nobody else does, then by all means go ahead with it. Just because nobody else is doing it doesn't make it wrong.

Quote from: SMuz on April 18, 2009, 09:38:44 PM
Just because nobody else is doing it doesn't make it wrong.

I'm puzzled as to how anyone but the staff could possibly know how much players solo rp.  ::)
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: staggerlee on April 19, 2009, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: SMuz on April 18, 2009, 09:38:44 PM
Just because nobody else is doing it doesn't make it wrong.

I'm puzzled as to how anyone but the staff could possibly know how much players solo rp.  ::)

Many classes have abilities that allow such spying.

I'd like to encourage people to write more biographies and then publish them in a year's time.
Write them with the INTENT to share with everybody... So that means write more!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one