Complaints about Armageddon

Started by Cuusardo, May 30, 2003, 09:46:51 PM

Am I the only one who feels that if one spends more time complaining about the MUD on the GDB that they probably shouldn't be playing on Armageddon?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

This suggests that people who don't like the game and have the courage to express their opinion stop playing, and smells like self-enforced censorship.  The GDB rules don't forbid complaints on it, so the answer to your question is no - nobody should leave if they spend time complaining about Arm.

The only problem I see with complaining on a board as specific as this is the intolerance and offensive responses the person might get in return, which tends to be common on message boards of loyal followers and anonymity.

That's why there are alternatives available, including mailing Mud with ideas, bug/typo/idea in game, and recognizing the fundamental nature of all humans to disagree, and accept that and work with it.

Just an opinion.

Also, if you feel that you complain too much - change your method of communication from complaint to suggestion.  :-)

It's always good for every project to have people offer up idea that may help improve the product.
ou want some raptor fries with that?

It just seemed to me that some people spent more time bitching and moaning about stuff and weren't enjoying playing on Armageddon.  Seriously, if you don't enjoy it, why play?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Who says they are still playing? Maybe they are just complaining on the board for fun. Like me. Gosh. You think I acctually play?

Oh wait. I do. Never mind.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I like to think of it this way:
First its not complaining. Complaining would be: This sucks.
Its constructive criticism most if not all the time. They state the problem then a way to fix it. Or just new ideas alot of the time.

Second, Id rather read ideas, people's views on things then post after post of "This is great" "I love this" etc.

"The squeaky wheel gets the oil."

Anyways...

"Squeaky wheel gets the kick"

Come on man, didn't Minsc teach you anything? :P

"Broken computer gets the hammer!"

Creeper
21sters Unite!

"Broken down car gets put in a backyard somewhere in the southern states and shot repeatedly."

Quote from: "Gorobei""Broken down car gets put in a backyard somewhere in the southern states and shot repeatedly."

Correction: Broken down car gets put up on cinder blocks in a backyard somewhere in the southern states and shot repeatedly.   :D

Hmm..I was all ready to post a comment such as

"no one likes bithces"

but then two thoughts came to my mind
1) I might have been one of those complainers in a previous thread, just my ranting ;) I dont think it was too bad, but its possible
and
2) Butches like bitches
Veteran Newbie

Actually, I'm quite fond of bitches...
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

Quote from: "Shinigami"Actually, I'm quite fond of bitches...

Yup, from the back...*gets off the computer and heads into the other room, free now of a relationship and reveling in the self indulgence that one is capable of when single and in possession of a condom and phone numbers*
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You might want to possess more than one condom then, perhaps ?  :shock:
ever trust a grinning horse. It is always planning something.

Hey!  I thought those little sheaths were reusable!   :evil:

They're NOT?!   :?

Uh. Oh!   :shock:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

The scary thing here is, Shinigami is the only attractive prospect in this conversation....and he's fucking insane.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

attractive prospect? I hope your not excluding me if thats what I think it means
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "naatok"Hey!  I thought those little sheaths were reusable!   :evil:

They're NOT?!   :?

Uh. Oh!   :shock:

Sure they are! Jokes never lie.

A Scotsman clad in a kilt walks up to the counter in an Apothecary.  From
his pocket he takes a plaid condom that has been heavily used, torn, patched,
sewn, and is currently split down one side.  He asks the proprieter, "How much
to replace this, Ian?"  The proprieter says, "Why, Angus, that'l be four
pence."  Then the Scotsman asks, "How much to repair?"  The prop. looks the
condom over carefully, and says "Three pence to repair."  The Scotsman ponders
for a moment, then says, "I'll be back."
       Later in the day, the Scotsman returns with a smile on his face and
says, "Ian, the Regiment has voted to repair!"

Hmm, I think the old fashioned sheepskin condoms actually are reusable, but they aren't stretchy and may not protect against HIV.  Besides, they are way more expensive than the latex versions.  Ain't technology great?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Dracul"attractive prospect? I hope your not excluding me if thats what I think it means

Definitely excluding you.  But don't worry, you're not missing out on anything, since I'm a bitch. :wink:
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

June 04, 2003, 08:58:23 PM #19 Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:42:13 PM by mansa
dee
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "crymerci"
Quote from: "Dracul"attractive prospect? I hope your not excluding me if thats what I think it means

Definitely excluding you.  But don't worry, you're not missing out on anything, since I'm a bitch. :wink:

now Im thinking you have quite little clue what your talking about boy...Im considered a sexy bitch

eh, *shrug*, not that it matters what people think
...unless....Im trying to get some self confidence from it

;p
Veteran Newbie

Crymerci's a boy now? Wow, never seen a boy with purdy pink lips before. Hehehe. Hehe. He... I think that she isn't a boy.

Yeah.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

And they call me insane...

Back on topic, I actually like to read the complaints of the players who seem the most disgruntled, either for my own personal amusement (the never-ending bowing threads) or for genuine feedback.  As far as the players who only seem to complain, well, simply put I'd much rather have them bitching here than breaking character or wishing up in game, or flooding my email because they just -know- that I'm the one responsible for that nifty new permanent crim_flag they've garnered due to ic actions.

All in all, that's what these boards are for, discussion of Armageddon.  Personally, I prefer to see that the players -aren't- happy with every aspect of the game, it tells us that we have a varied playerbase and that there's always room for improvement.  Even as a player, I was an advocate of harsher and harsher climes, and the direction the game was taking seemed to be contradictory to that.  As an immortal, I -make- the game harsher, bringing my own sense of what Arm should be to the greater whole.

Through discussion, anyone can wield that kind of power, talking freely with the immortals and their fellow players alike.  Sure, you may all think we're just laughing at you, but likely as not, many of us share your opinions, (and the rest don't... and that's why there's such an eclectic staff).

Oh, and I have peanut butter in my pants, just to clear up that insane issue.

-Shinigami, Jiffy Skip-boy of Tektolnes
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

Quote from: "Shinigami"
Oh, and I have peanut butter in my pants, just to clear up that insane issue.

-Shinigami, Jiffy Skip-boy of Tektolnes

Creamy or extra crunchy?  :)

Most likely extra crunchy. He has insecurity insures.

Creeper was wondering where all the nuts went.
21sters Unite!