I'm still playing

Started by Riev, February 14, 2009, 11:44:06 AM

I'll be here until they lock the doors and turn off the lights.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: tortall on February 14, 2009, 09:55:51 PM
I know SOME people who claimed to have quit... But they're still around. Sneaky bastards.

Way to make the people who are barely playing at all appreciated  ;)
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on February 15, 2009, 08:40:14 PM
I know SOME people who claimed to have quit... But they're still around. Sneaky bastards.

You just wanted us to THINK you left, so we could show you love.... Sycophant. ;-)

But! I do love you. :-D Not as much as I love mansa though.

Quote from: mansa on February 15, 2009, 05:14:37 PM

Yes, yes you will. And you will be locked in the room, with nothing else to take up your time. :-D
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Yarr, still hanging around. Arm is the one and only game I play when I feel like kicking back and tuning out the real world for a while. There's no other escape like it.

Quote from: tortall on February 16, 2009, 01:09:15 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on February 15, 2009, 08:40:14 PM

You just wanted us to THINK you left, so we could show you love.... Sycophant. ;-)

But! I do love you. :-D Not as much as I love mansa though.

Quote from: mansa on February 15, 2009, 05:14:37 PM

Yes, yes you will. And you will be locked in the room, with nothing else to take up your time. :-D

Man, you're going to be so sad when the reality truck hits.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Oh, don't worry, it already has. Jobless due to back injury at work and being forced to move in with parents? Yah, totally there. Arm is my escape. And since I can't DO anything else, I escape a lot. :-p

I've been hit with the reality truck a lot. Too much for one person. I just try and be cheerful as much as possible, even if it's only online.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on February 17, 2009, 12:44:15 AM
Oh, don't worry, it already has. Jobless due to back injury at work and being forced to move in with parents? Yah, totally there. Arm is my escape. And since I can't DO anything else, I escape a lot. :-p

I've been hit with the reality truck a lot. Too much for one person. I just try and be cheerful as much as possible, even if it's only online.

Mostly in reference to when I am not playing much at all anymore, you're going to be sadder, but hey. Insight into your situation is always appreciated, and duly noted.  :P

~Jack Vance~

Oh, Rishenko's back?

Sweet.  Time for me to app 'The bad-ass motherfucker' and get back into the game.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

This is going to be a hard addiction to break.

Addictions: Too many to count.
Jingo: 0
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Sadly... I quit playing this game.
I live this game.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I'm back from my regular sabbatical, have been for a few weeks.

this game plays  me.
your mother is an elf.

Still here, trying to get that magic back. Trying to slip into plots, but nothing seems to work. I'll keep trying though.

Quote from: Vessol on February 21, 2009, 02:27:33 AM
Still here, trying to get that magic back. Trying to slip into plots, but nothing seems to work. I'll keep trying though.

Sometimes it takes a while with a new character, don't worry, you can do it.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

The game's being a bit quiet these few days anyway, because of everyone being up in Luir's.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I got back..... kind of..

Real life did hit me hard.. I am forced to work for money, not that much, but I have other hobbies and a daughter now.. Still I log in from time to time when I have enough spare time.. Sadly this means, not that much of interaction and no more 'kudos' for me..

I missed the kudos messages. They used to make me feel... like a proud bastard bragging about how gigantic his pee pee is.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 21, 2009, 07:47:00 AM
Quote from: Vessol on February 21, 2009, 02:27:33 AM

Sometimes it takes a while with a new character, don't worry, you can do it.

The problem is one I run in constantly with all my characters throughout my years of playing. I have horrible luck with personal plots. Either I'm not on at the right time, something that could develop into something suddenly ends, they end when I'm not online. I'll keep trying though.

Quote from: Vessol on February 21, 2009, 02:33:31 PM
The problem is one I run in constantly with all my characters throughout my years of playing. I have horrible luck with personal plots. Either I'm not on at the right time, something that could develop into something suddenly ends, they end when I'm not online. I'll keep trying though.

This is something I've been running into lately. In order to do the Solo RP I have planned, I need to order something from another player. I'm never on at the same time they are. When it comes to personal plots that I want to encourage the growth of my character, I'm on at the right time, but something ALWAYS happens in game that ruins it.

I just gotta keep trying. Eventually, I'll either accomplish what I want to for short term goals, or die trying.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

My current role is fairly isolated at the moment, there is interaction, just, not much when I'm on. I'd have tons of mini-plots going, but that's far from the way the things are going on are taking me. *shrug* More grebbing, I guess.
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 21, 2009, 05:05:42 PM
My current role is fairly isolated at the moment, there is interaction, just, not much when I'm on. I'd have tons of mini-plots going, but that's far from the way the things are going on are taking me. *shrug* More grebbing, I guess.

That's when you store and come play with me  ;D

Too much interaction, not enough sleep.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on February 21, 2009, 05:14:14 PM
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 21, 2009, 05:05:42 PM

That's when you store and come play with me  ;D

Too much interaction, not enough sleep.

If only you could unstore and come play with me! :)

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on February 21, 2009, 06:08:49 PM
If only you could unstore and come play with me! :)

Gosh, everyone wants me to unstore and come play with them! It's like I only had one decent character in 10 years  :'(

You should all make a petition and send it to Morgenes!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Heh, ironically, if you did this... I might have to unstore the one that knew them. ;) j/k, nah, I'm sure the rest of your characters have been equally as interesting/amusing/fun/cool/awesome, but that's the only one I know, oocly, was you.

I am not playing at the moment.

...but I wish I was!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.