Re: Kadian shop in Luirs

Started by RogueGunslinger, February 09, 2009, 03:50:34 PM

Hell yes! I love seeing new things this big implemented into the game. Hell yes!

I call BS.  Allanak is desolate (and has been for RL years) and Luirs gets a Kadian shop?

The economy is so amazing fubarred it's unreal. 

Allanak is desolate? What? Since when?

I'm really not worried about Allanak.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

February 09, 2009, 04:05:07 PM #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:06:52 PM by RogueGunslinger
Quote from: DustMight on February 09, 2009, 04:01:54 PM
I call BS.  Allanak is desolate (and has been for RL years) and Luirs gets a Kadian shop?

The fact that new things like this are getting implemented is a good sign for exactly what you're talking about. And stomping on whatever player pushed and pushed for that shop both IC and OOC is pretty dickish.

It was added because of the player's initiative? Fuckin' A! That's the change we voted for!

That project was dreamed up and then carried on by a sequence of Kadians... I'm pleased as punch to see it in game.

Yay, a new store!! :)
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

WOOHOO!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Cool change, and a necessary one, IMO.

Quote from: DustMight on February 09, 2009, 04:01:54 PM

I'm not sure how Allanak has been desolate for RL years. It also already has a Kadian shop.

How do you see this change as a bad thing?

I can count 3 shops that have been added to Allanak since I started playing.

STILL NO CONTAINER MERCHANT AARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 09, 2009, 05:10:27 PM
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on February 09, 2009, 06:53:09 PM

Quick someone app a naki dwarf with the focus of having the largest collection of packs/bags/boxes/cloaks in the world...

Point Allanak.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I could have sworn there is one, but he/she wanders the bazaar, not settles in one place.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

I can count 3 shops that have been added to Allanak since I started playing.

Not really interested in discussing IC specifics, but if you look around hard enough, you'll find one sooner or later, bud.
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."

Yeah, I know there's one in the 'rinth.  Who the fuck goes to the 'rinth just to sell bowls?

Quote from: Synthesis on February 10, 2009, 03:00:38 AM
Yeah, I know there's one in the 'rinth.  Who the fuck goes to the 'rinth just to sell bowls?

That gives me an odd urge, but...

Wait.

Damn.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Jdr on February 10, 2009, 02:47:27 AM
I could have sworn there is one, but he/she wanders the bazaar, not settles in one place.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Unless it's been added in the past couple of days, no.

Yeah, just checked every merchant in Allanak (excluding the 'rinth).  Still no container merchants.

I've idea'ed every one I thought would be reasonable.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 10, 2009, 04:47:25 AM
Yeah, just checked every merchant in Allanak (excluding the 'rinth).  Still no container merchants.

I've idea'ed every one I thought would be reasonable.

There isn't much more that can be done for you without spelling out the exact short-description, which I am unwilling to do. I will tell you the merchant is mobile and does walk around the Bazaar, but he/she does sell bags and backpacks, I believe even boxes if I remember correctly. I find this rather comical because whenever I am searching for something I -always- come across this NPC before I find what I am looking for, and I've yet to ever buy anything the NPC has had to offer. Good luck though bud.
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."

February 10, 2009, 05:15:54 AM #21 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:24:34 AM by Synthesis
Yeah, the dude -sells- bags and shit, but he doesn't buy anything.

For those who missed the reference, I was referring to my previous complaint about it being impossible to SELL waterskins/bags/packs/bowls/vases/urns/platters/chests/boxes/pants with pockets/abas with pockets/shirts with pockets/incense burners/and numerous other objects that are coded as "containers," because there are no merchants in 'nak (except for one in the 'rinth) that buy container-coded objects.

How many beautiful markets are in Tuluk?

How many in Allanak?

If you want to buy a luxury item - where do you go - Allanak or Tuluk?

Ever try to buy any instrument besides the two or three that the elf sells in The Retreat?

Are Allanaki's anti-art or something?

Ever compare the prices of the different markets (even for shell and such) between the two places?

Tuluk has been deepened, broadened and made more posh at Allanak's expense ever since the city was thrashed.

Never mind that the Tuluk culture is completely assbackwards (need we get into sword dancing with heavy armor conversation again?) but Allanak has been left to not only IC rot, but OOCly as well.

You need a nice belt - better go to Tuluk - or a nice weapon or a nice pouched wrap for your waist or an instrument or anything else.

That's what I meant.

February 10, 2009, 07:42:26 AM #23 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:48:47 AM by FantasyWriter
On getting goods you don't think available from NPCs in your city:

I would recommend speaking to your local GMH representatives IG (RP/trade/purchase with PCs > such with NPCs and also = more fun and sometimes better deals).

If you have tried, and either don't have the same play times, or just can't find the GMH Family member you are looking for, try finding one from another house and let them know that the other houses "orders are backed up," if they have anything like what you need.

If this fails, what _I_ would do is email house_kurac, or whoever you needed, and asking that clan's staff for help.  I think with the new staffing changes, you would have a good chance of having such an email answered.

As far as the container merchant...
Yeah, I think Allanak needs one.

BUT... If I were a merchant/crafter (or anyone with the coded haggle skill) in Allanak, what I would do is seize this as an opportunity to make a crap load of money.
Tek FORBID merchants and traders having caravans to trade goods in other cities.
(no He hasn't forbid it yet, so jump on it before he does and you are really screwed)
Grebber - One who grebs.

Sure - sure - RP for a goods is great.

So why don't we do that more in Tuluk? Instead we have always accessible NPC shops there and none in Allanak.  Why the difference (with regard to wood, this is understandable)?

It's a shame that Tuluki's are loosing such valuable roleplay experience such as buying a new pouched belt can bring or a nice do-dad or one of the bazillion bits of armor or weapons that can be purchased from those non-RPing NPCs!

::)