Discussion of 'empty' command

Started by spawnloser, February 06, 2009, 03:11:32 PM

February 06, 2009, 03:11:32 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:14:09 AM by Morgenes
02/06/2009: Added 'empty' command, think 'pour' for containers -- Morgenes

Edit:  Whoops, meant to put this in General but moved too quick.  If some staffer objects to it being in Reborn, I encourage and acknowledge moving it.

Morgenes: Edited to give it a proper title
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Oh..... so nice. Can't wait to try this out IG.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

OMG yes i have been hoping this would come along for ages!
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

Just fyi, threads that favor one imm will be locked/deleted. Say how awesome you think Morg is in Random Arm Thoughts instead of creating a whole thread.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on February 06, 2009, 04:07:33 PM
Just fyi, threads that favor one imm will be locked/deleted. Say how awesome you think Morg is in Random Arm Thoughts instead of creating a whole thread.

::)

I'm pretty sure this was just a post to discuss the new code changes. Hence why Morgenes moved it at first.

But yeah, they're good. Good changes.

Quote from: tortall on February 06, 2009, 04:07:33 PM

i see this as just a poorly titled thread, not one that favors a single IMM.

that said, little code fixes like this make me feel all warm inside. like the random bartender animation.

I love all the coding imms. Haha, especially when I look at all the threads in Code Discussion, where some player asks for something, and someone else says "It's already in the game."

But the non-coding imms are awesome too :D
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Morg won't chat with me on the Arm2 chat. He's mean. I don't <3 Morg, because he doesn't <3 me.
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: Moofassa on February 06, 2009, 11:07:28 PM
Morg won't chat with me on the Arm2 chat. He's mean. I don't <3 Morg, because he doesn't <3 me.

Maybe you haven't sacrificed enough virginal brainz in his shrine?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on February 06, 2009, 11:12:31 PM

He answered me. I take it back. I <3 Morg.
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: Moofassa on February 06, 2009, 11:15:00 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on February 06, 2009, 11:12:31 PM

He answered me. I take it back. I <3 Morg.

You should prolly give him brainz anyway.

pour bottle goblet (measuring out a portion)
Measuring out a portion, anch onto a low, tembo-carved baobab table.
You do not see '1.case' here.
Measuring out a portion, you pour a crimson liquid from your dark red bottle to your finely made glass goblet.

???
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on February 07, 2009, 02:44:42 AM

Measuring out a portion, you pour a crimson liquid from your dark red bottle to your finely made glass goblet.

???

Oops...rebooting now to get this fixed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Ourla on February 07, 2009, 02:44:42 AM

???

Had the same problem but with 1.pack

Still.... huge improvement. Thanks you guys.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

On behalf of the compulsive organizers of Zalanthas, I do hereby award Morgenes this chest containing over 100 empty backpacks.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

pour vial into skin
You pours your <super sekret> vial into your leather waterskin.
You do not see '1.decanter' here.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

If you find any more bugs or glitches in the code, please make use of the bug command in game to report these.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

The aforementioned vial into a drink container issue will be resolved with the next reboot.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

empty bladder
your mother is an elf.

> empty bladder waterskin
> give waterskin elf
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on February 08, 2009, 09:49:36 PM
> empty bladder waterskin
> give waterskin elf

laughed out loud
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I love the empty command so much.

Now we just need to be able to buy in bulk from shopkeeps, and be able to put multiple items in bags at once.

Alas, that part is probably much harder.

I have already used the empty command about five times since it was implemented. It has made cleanups -so- much easier.

Oh look, a pack mysteriously filled with just wood? Well well well.... EMPTY THAT SHIT OUT.

Oh, it seems I have seventeen elf heads here in my bag. Well, might as well just toss those into the display case.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.