Player Retention: What the DATA shows

Started by Gimfalisette, January 21, 2009, 01:25:11 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with Bebop about the website. I would love to see it spiffied up more with game-related artwork and such.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I like what you did, Bebop.  It looks cool.

Quote from: spawnloser on January 28, 2009, 01:59:14 AM
I stopped reading half way through the first page.  I think your perception of the data is skewed.  I yawn at you.  Really play the game if you want others to play with you.  That is all.

Shall I name names of the previous "power Players" that have left the game over the past 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 years?

Spawnloser, I expect more from you.  You've been at it a lot longer than other players.  You're an example of someone who's come and gone and come and gone and come.  What keeps you coming back?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Fantastic look, Bebop. Thanks for the effort you put in, I really like it, though I do agree with the person who posted something about links to info about each city with a tiny bit of info on each on the main page.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: mansa on January 28, 2009, 03:06:50 AM
Shall I name names of the previous "power Players" that have left the game over the past 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 years?

Sure, but I'd like to see someone name any computer game that hasn't lost veteran, long-standing, or frequent players -- any computer game ever made.  Why would we be any different?  And why would we choose to see that natural phenomenon as anything other than what it is?  There's always room for improvement, but I don't believe we'll ever stop this from happening.

-LoD

mantis head and kudos are both in on help files.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: Shalooonsh on January 28, 2009, 10:28:53 PM

I would be afraid to type "help mantis head' in-game...

I would be afraid that it would think I was asking for its help and show up...

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 29, 2009, 02:48:43 AM
Quote from: Shalooonsh on January 28, 2009, 10:28:53 PM

I would be afraid to type "help mantis head' in-game...

I would be afraid that it would think I was asking for its help and show up...

I have similiar fears about typing "contant tektolnes" or "kiss echri".
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Very nice work, Bebop.  The artwork really helps to make the world come alive, especially for folks who aren't used to it and/or might not have a fantasy gaming background.  Even for vets of other MUDs or gaming in general, the Arm-specific items (in this case, webbed boots, non-metal weapon, and possibly a sandcloth facewrap) immediately help to convey the experience to which they can look forward.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt