It is just me, nevermind

Started by Xio, January 05, 2009, 12:58:11 AM

January 05, 2009, 12:58:11 AM Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:19:48 AM by Xio
Could be just my mindset, but does anyone else find it odd that if you flee when arrested (subdued and being dragged to jail) nosave arrest automatically pops off? If I really wanted to not let him pull me into his grasp in the first place i'd've had it off in the first place. If I lived in armageddon and broke away from a soldier in Nak and he got a hand on me again, knowing he and his half-giant pals are gonna draw swords if i just attempt to shrug his hand off and keep going, I'd stop in my tracks and let him drag my ass again. That's my mindset, and the mindset of most of the chars I use nosave arrest for. If they care about being caught enough to die instead, they really won't stop struggling.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

I dont understand. If you nosave arrest. Then you come along 'willingly' when they grab you. If when they grab you, you try to escape, that means you're 'not' coming willingly.

Doing it 'differently' is just abusing code. You resist arrest, by escaping the soldier who grabbed you, spam walk away. But if you 'do' get caught, you 'submit' willingly, only to escape and spam walk some more? Nuh uh.

If you attempt to run anyway the insist they grab you, yea I can see that. I'm the type that'll wait a bit, looking for an opening, and make that one break for it and hope it works, how I usually approach those situations. But I see the logic behind it when you put it that way. Not everyone is like me after all.

It's not really code abuse. But I think if this is to be implemented, the militia should go around carrying handcuffs :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the crime code at one point did not remove nosave arrest if you fled from a soldier.  I remember numerous times a pickpocket of mine being caught by a random NPC, a soldier coming and grabbing me, me fleeing, only to be grabbed again.  Of course I tried fleeing again and was many times successfully able to run all the way back to the labyrinth.  Some times I wasn't so lucky  :'(

It was like that before, dont know when it was changed as I've seen no notice about it anywhere.

They don't have to be nice  -- they're the law and you're some smuck.  Be greatful they're dragging you to a cell instead of killing you dead on the spot.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

nosave subdue + nosave arrest
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Xio on January 05, 2009, 01:57:49 AM
It was like that before, dont know when it was changed as I've seen no notice about it anywhere.

There was only one type of nosave before.