Furniture, Sleeping and Resting

Started by Intrepid, January 02, 2009, 07:04:53 AM

It seems odd that you can sit at a bed or couch but cannot rest or sleep at it.  Does
anyone know if there is a practical reason this can't be done?
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Quote from: Intrepid on January 02, 2009, 07:04:53 AM
It seems odd that you can sit at a bed or couch but cannot rest or sleep at it.  Does
anyone know if there is a practical reason this can't be done?

I can sit, rest, and sleep on my bed.  Don't know what your problem is.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

For further clarification, just in case that was not a joke:

I sit on <bed>.

I emote dozing off.

I type "sleep" and then hit enter.

It makes me stand back up and then sleep on the floor.

Did you happen to recently piss off any female residents of said bed?

Type "rest bed" or "sleep bed"

Don't just type rest.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Thank you, Mansa.

Some objects in the game that you can sit or even rest on, aren't flagged as "sleepable" or "restable" sometimes.  Other times, as mansa pointed out, you need to specifically type "rest bed" to rest on the bed that you are currently sitting on.  And still, other times, all you need to do is type "sleep" or "rest" and you will end up doing so upon the object your rear is currently planted on.

If you feel there should be a change or that the lounging-object you currently possess is somehow broken, you can always use the "bug" command to bring this to the attention of the Staff.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

While on the same line, and as it is code discussion, I recommend you should be able to sleep on all furniture. I know I can fall asleep real easy on a couch, and with a bit of effort, a chair. Perhaps a small tweak to the sleeping code could reflect what you're using. Quicker regen rates for using a bed, medium rates for a couch and slow rates for a chair/floor?

Be handy for a good Fale aide (or any for that matter) party where your guests get piss drunk and pass out all over the place.

Try typing 'sleep couch'
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

> rest on bench
You can't rest on a worn stone bench.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on January 06, 2009, 11:48:15 PM
> rest on bench
You can't rest on a worn stone bench.

Yeah, this get's me sometimes, as well.  As I alluded to up above, the syntax for somethings can be confusing.  Is it "rest on bench", or is it "rest bench"?  I've found several situations where I couldn't do so, until I found the exact command it was wanting.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.