Fire Building skill

Started by Cerelum, December 21, 2008, 02:17:34 PM

Is there a fire building skill I'm unaware of...cause I can't seem to even build a campfire, I'm like a big wilderness retard.

JaRoD

Adding onto above post.

Why does Forage Kindling just give you insane amounts of useless shit that doesn't craft into kindling?

JaRoD

It does...

... as other posts mentioned earlier in different topics, you could try using five of the same kindling thing. This method applies to campfires as well.

As far as I understand, there is not a skill related to building a campfire. It's just one of those command-based things like building a tent or making a tube of spice.

Make sure you've read this.

As far as foraging kindling, it's probably just because you're not searching in the right spot or have a low foraging skill. You're not going to find kindling in the desert, for example, or even in some places like the Scrublands, depending on the room.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Step 1:  Find 5 of the same type of kindling.

Step 2:  craft kindling kindling kindling kindling kindling into <unlit bunch of kindling, whatever the item is>

Step 3:  Find three or four of the same type of branches.

Step 4:  craft kindling branch branch branch branch into <whatever the campfire item is>

That's how you do it, for crying out loud.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 21, 2008, 03:07:06 PM

Step 2:  craft kindling kindling kindling kindling kindling into <unlit bunch of kindling, whatever the item is>

Step 4:  craft kindling branch branch branch branch into <whatever the campfire item is>

This should really just be spelled out in plain English in the help file I think.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 21, 2008, 03:07:06 PM

I did this just a few days ago, and kept failing at creating a campfire, which made me think it must be based off some skill.

JaRoD

Quote from:  help campfire
Campfire Making                                                   (General)

To create a campfire you need sufficient fuel and kindling.  Once you
have these things then you can make your fire.  To make the fire you
use the craft command.  There isn't a required skill needed to make a
campfire.
  Currently, anyone can make a campfire if they have the
right materials.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 21, 2008, 03:18:42 PM
Quote from:  help campfire
Campfire Making                                                   (General)

To create a campfire you need sufficient fuel and kindling.  Once you
have these things then you can make your fire.  To make the fire you
use the craft command.  There isn't a required skill needed to make a
campfire.
  Currently, anyone can make a campfire if they have the
right materials.

I understand that, but I literally failed four times in a row when trying to make a campfire, which makes me think it's gotta be linked to something.

JaRoD

Tools, dude. Tools.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I had major problems with campfires, thanks to the great advice I got in a thread they are really quite easy. Just use the same kind of kindling. Keep adding wood to make your campfire larger. I also wished up one time to see if you could get rid of an ashen campfire, The staff told me basicly How do you know there still isn't some hot coals in there? (hint hint)

I have always hated that you cant add some objects to the fire because the fire is too small and another branch would "ruin it."  ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 22, 2008, 11:42:07 AM
I have always hated that you cant add some objects to the fire because the fire is too small and another branch would "ruin it."  ;)

It is telling you that the branch you are trying to add is to big and would collapse/smother the fire.  Find smaller tinder to build the fire up first, then you can add bigger branches.  Just like the way it works IRL.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Alright I just tried AGAIN to build a fire earlier today, and I keep failing, what am I a ranger or a boyscout?

JaRoD

Fire code is awesome.  You can throw a lot of different types of objects into the fire and it will burn.

Someone try throwing some alcohol in there and see what happens!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Cerelum on December 22, 2008, 12:09:07 PM
Alright I just tried AGAIN to build a fire earlier today, and I keep failing, what am I a ranger or a boyscout?

JaRoD

Boyscout. One who doesn't deserve the fire building patch, evidently.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"