It would be nice...

Started by Cerelum, December 19, 2008, 12:16:21 AM

It would be nice if...

I could regain stamina while mounted on a beast.  It's not that exerting to sit on a horse so I don't see why a bettle or erdlu would be.

I could fight critters without running in circles through twenty rooms to tire them and my mount out.

JaRoD

Quote from: Cerelum on December 22, 2008, 10:35:13 AM
I could regain stamina while mounted on a beast.  It's not that exerting to sit on a horse so I don't see why a bettle or erdlu would be.

I have always loved this idea, at least up to 60% of max stamina.  I don't think you should get completely rested, because it does take a good bit of effort to conrtol a mount, but after a long day of mining 'sid, the ride back to the city should be quite refreshing.

Quote from: Cerelum on December 22, 2008, 10:35:13 AM
I could fight critters without running in circles through twenty rooms to tire them and my mount out.

skills Sneak / archery / throw?
Plus I love role playing chasing something through the bush (when I have the time and the reason to do so).
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

December 22, 2008, 01:02:27 PM #52 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:08:22 PM by Jingo
I think a retooling of the ranger class would be very nice. Including tracking/sneaking skills and making them more survivable in combat with animals.

As it is right now, tracking and sneaking skills are much more useful if you're running and not riding.

And no, Desert Elves are not the Nazi uber race with a monopoly on outdoor stealth.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

December 22, 2008, 01:20:44 PM #53 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:30:11 PM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: Jingo on December 22, 2008, 01:02:27 PM
As it is right now, tracking and sneaking skills are much more useful if you're running and not riding.

Are you saying that you think they should be easier while you have a mount? I'm not exactly sure what you meant.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 22, 2008, 01:20:44 PM
Quote from: Jingo on December 22, 2008, 01:02:27 PM

Are you saying that you think they should be easier while you have a mount? I'm not exactly sure what you meant.

I think the mechanics need to be more streamlined. I don't want to have to type dismount every time I use the track skill and then remount again.

Stealth I'm a bit fuzzy on, it's been a couple of years since I've played a ranger so I could be wrong. But my impression is that no mounted rangers even bother with it.

So yeah, I think they should be retooled to be made useful.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

It would be cool if there were coded songs to be learned

Quote> play guitar

You could play Return to the sands, by Amos with that
You could play Hyperballad, by Bjork with that
You could play Fight'em, by Busta Rhymes with that
You could play Fields of desolation 99' by Arch Enemy with that
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on December 25, 2008, 01:05:06 AM
It would be cool if there were coded songs to be learned

Quote> play guitar

You could play Return to the sands, by Amos with that
You could play Hyperballad, by Bjork with that
You could play Fight'em, by Busta Rhymes with that
You could play Fields of desolation 99' by Arch Enemy with that
Actually, crafting recipes for songs would truly be the shit.

I know what I want for Githmas.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I feel ... meh ... about that.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.