You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

You're in the middle of moving at night and you stop in a neighborhood to steal some internets for an hour so you can arm for a bit.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You travel up and down the west coast of America visiting Armageddon players, for three weeks, and not pay for a room once.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

You have a dream about discovered a new accent that no one has ever heard of before, in addition to a new race, that somehow speaks sirihish so of COURSE you can totally understand them.

So weird. I think the accent was like Seperia or something. They were furries.

Yes, I KNOW where you people are going to go with this. The answer is NO, it did not go there.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

You get to play the same Arm scene twice.
Once in game..
The second in your dreams.

It was wierd.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

When you keep logging back on over and over again, despite almost constant disconnects due to a router problem somewhere. Just for that last little bit of arm before going to bed, even though the experience becomes more frustration than fun.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on August 29, 2009, 11:34:07 PM
When you keep logging back on over and over again, despite almost constant disconnects due to a router problem somewhere. Just for that last little bit of arm before going to bed, even though the experience becomes more frustration than fun.

There are periods where I cannot do ANYTHING for 20 minutes. They've interrupted RPTs I've tried to plan, and regular low-level outings. Playing a combat character makes this SUCH a daunting experience, though I have to believe the staff would be soft-hearted considering its outside any one locus of control.

I logged out, played a game, watched a movie, logged back in, and got disconnected. Its like being on dial-up all over again, except I still hate it.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on August 30, 2009, 12:24:37 AM
Quote from: deviant storm on August 29, 2009, 11:34:07 PM

There are periods where I cannot do ANYTHING for 20 minutes. They've interrupted RPTs I've tried to plan, and regular low-level outings. Playing a combat character makes this SUCH a daunting experience, though I have to believe the staff would be soft-hearted considering its outside any one locus of control.

I logged out, played a game, watched a movie, logged back in, and got disconnected. Its like being on dial-up all over again, except I still hate it.

When you have a combat character who kicks ass, temporary lagouts only mean that you have an excuse for not emoting while you're whooping that ass.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

When you file for disability on the grounds of adiction, just to stay home and feed that addiction. When you mind bend your therapist into playing arm, and then turning your one hour sessions into the pychology of the pcs. And they say arm is free
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on August 30, 2009, 02:51:03 PM
When you file for disability on the grounds of adiction, just to stay home and feed that addiction. When you mind bend your therapist into playing arm, and then turning your one hour sessions into the pychology of the pcs. And they say arm is free

Hahahaha. Arm-addict, cure, none. Sustainable doses may vary.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

A large part of the reason you move is because.... now my PC can actually log in with their clannies and I have a stable internet connection.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

When you start noticing things like player favoritism and people doing things for OOC purposes.

When you are sitting in your kitchen, playing Arm at midnight and some drunken kid comes flying out of the complex across the street in a stolen car, smashes into your car, bounces off that car, into your wife's car, pushes that car up the driveway and wrecks half of your garage.
You jump up and rush, swearing, outside just in time to see him back up and to tearing off down the street.

And your first thought after swearing...Shit, this is really going to cut into my play time tonight.

Now 3:00.
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

Quote from: Preacher on September 06, 2009, 02:56:52 AM
When you are sitting in your kitchen, playing Arm at midnight and some drunken kid comes flying out of the complex across the street in a stolen car, smashes into your car, bounces off that car, into your wife's car, pushes that car up the driveway and wrecks half of your garage.
You jump up and rush, swearing, outside just in time to see him back up and to tearing off down the street.

And your first thought after swearing...Shit, this is really going to cut into my play time tonight.

Now 3:00.

You've got it bad, my friend because I would have castrated the little son of a bitch.
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."

When writing a paper on medieval folk tradition in europe; you seriously consider adding that extra k to the word magic throughout the entire eight page length.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

When you see this sign: "Longnecker Truck Sales" <~ Actual sign I passed today, by the way...

And immediately starting looking for people with pointed ears.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: Blackisback on September 03, 2009, 11:13:20 AM
When you start noticing things like player favoritism and people doing things for OOC purposes.

No, man.  This is an intermediate stage.  When the full-blown addiction takes you, you will cease to be aware of other players.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: razorback on September 11, 2009, 12:19:16 AM
When you see this sign: "Longnecker Truck Sales" <~ Actual sign I passed today, by the way...

Did you stop to warn potential buyers what kind of merchants they were dealin with?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on September 11, 2009, 09:39:43 PM
Quote from: razorback on September 11, 2009, 12:19:16 AM

Did you stop to warn potential buyers what kind of merchants they were dealin with?

Of course not, I waited outside to mug them, naturally.  ;D
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Nine hour log in, Jesus. O_O *keels over*
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Man.

That was pretty fun.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

When your heart is still racing five hours after the carnage.

Damn it! Wht did I miss?

Edit: Don't answer that:D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Zoltan on September 13, 2009, 02:39:08 AM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on September 13, 2009, 02:38:41 AM
Man.

That was pretty fun.

*high fives*

*keels over again*

When you look down at the tickling sensation on the back of a leg and find a large gray spider crawling on your bare flesh. In the middle of that last night. And you manage to do battle with the spider and not get bitten without missing anything that's going on around you.

Took a while for the adrenaline to wear off between the ic and the rl stimulus.