You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

True story: I was mowing the lawn today and there was the remains of a bird on the ground, under the nest. First thought in my head: we could use those feathers to make some arrows. Second thought in my head: I wonder if I can sell the skull?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

When you CONSTANTLY use talk/say/psi/think when sending messages through your IM.

Bonus points if you've ever done this out loud, or though "Think: What am I forgetting?" "Think: Shit, I just thought using 'think'" "Think:Damn it! I did it again!"
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

When you sit in a shitty diner ALL NIGHT because your wifi is fucked up and you can't get signal on the laptop at home.

When the ONLY reason you log on after midnight is to Arm.

When you check and see if your new character is approved even though you haven't gotten an approved email, by logging onto the mud and seeing if you can connect.

With a dip of her head, the half-elf girl says to the short-ass dwarf, in  sirihish:
     "Yeah, okay. Well, thanks for the meat.

His head bobbing, the short-ass dwarf says to the half-elf girl, in sirihish:
      "Thas what she said."

Quote from: Inklings on July 04, 2009, 04:06:13 AM
When you check and see if your new character is approved even though you haven't gotten an approved email, by logging onto the mud and seeing if you can connect.
I did this once 30 seconds before I got the e-mail.

I only did this another time when the e-mail responses were not working.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I find I do it more and more the heavier into the game I get.

I used to need Attana to get me into it.

"Hey! Come play, you haven't had a character in a while, come play with me!"
or
"Hey! My character just died! :( Wait, wanna make a character to play with me so we can play together?"

Of course, she's my bestie, so yes I'm going to do that.
But now?! NOW I DON'T NEED HER COAXING.
With a dip of her head, the half-elf girl says to the short-ass dwarf, in  sirihish:
     "Yeah, okay. Well, thanks for the meat.

His head bobbing, the short-ass dwarf says to the half-elf girl, in sirihish:
      "Thas what she said."

It's 5:30 am and its frost and fog outside but if I don't wake up NOW I won't be able to log in before Dawn and it will get Very Hot and I will have to drink too much and then I will have no sids!

Quote from: solera on July 15, 2009, 02:04:12 PM
It's 5:30 am and its frost and fog outside but if I don't wake up NOW I won't be able to log in before Dawn and it will get Very Hot and I will have to drink too much and then I will have no sids!

LMFAO!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You see "common metal" (5 letters) as a clue in a crossword puzzle and think "wtf, that's an oxymoron", then you fill in "steel" because it fits and get even more confused.

...:(

When you sleep at work so you wont be tired when you get home to Arm.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on July 15, 2009, 03:22:40 PM
When you sleep at work so you wont be tired when you get home to Arm.

I sleep at work because I didn't sleep at night. It's Armageddon's fault.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Olgaris is the reason why I'm not allowed to speak to girls.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

You dream about Arm (Full text, computer screen, and keyboard), imagine discovering something new to you, but believable in the Armageddon universe, and brag about it to everyone in-game until you realize that was a RL dream and play it off like it was an IG dream.

Use Krath or Drov in a real life conversation unconsciously and confuse someone because they have no idea what you're talking about.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

When you die in a dream, and instead of waking up, you think, "Damn, I spent all that time grinding my skills and I was just getting started with the cool stuff. Well, time to roll up that Tuluki ranger I've been wanting to play," and the dream continues.

Even though the dream before and after the death had nothing to do with Armageddon.

When you're at work, and you suddenly stop in a panic and think "Shit! Did I log off, or am I just standing there in the middle of Zalanthas hanging in the wind for all to see?" *calls wife* Check Arm!!!!  ::)
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

I missed a meeting today because I stayed up late playing Arm.  Shitola.

Quote from: Dan on January 02, 2009, 03:35:12 PM
When you take your -desktop- to the bathroom with you. Okay, never did this, but it would be hilarious.

When you play from Baghdad and don't go to the bunker when they call "Incoming" over the loud speaker. Did this once. In my defense here, I just stay in my room for those now anyway whether I am playing Arm or not.

Hey now, stop trying to steal my lines, I have done that for my last 2 deployments. Or how about when the generator dies and you are the first person to run out screaming no, and its not because its hot, its becaus without power the net is down and that means no arm.
Quote from: muckguppy on April 12, 2013, 12:03:35 PM
I don't always play muds, but when I do.. it's something ridiculously opaque and has the learning curve of a chinese instrument from 600 BC.

When you're annoyed about going on vacation because it interferes with your character's plans.   ::)

You have a dream that concerns all the usual weirdness a lack of sobriety offers and in the dream you go to.. Immworld. Apparently in my mind this is an actual place. It was like a college dorm and I was welcomed by all the imms and a few arm buddies, everything was Japanese themed, either bamboo and painted green or glass, the place was awesome and for some odd reason I remember looking at a gigantic rumor board/billboard that towered over the imm dorms (they had no ceilings) and the last thing I remember reading on the message board before waking up was: No more Alabaster crafting recipes will be accepted, we're attempting to phase this out. thx

This would conclude arm dream #58013132
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on July 17, 2009, 07:05:28 AM
You have a dream that concerns all the usual weirdness a lack of sobriety offers and in the dream you go to.. Immworld. Apparently in my mind this is an actual place. It was like a college dorm and I was welcomed by all the imms and a few arm buddies, everything was Japanese themed, either bamboo and painted green or glass...

Shhhhhh.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
No, look closer. There, see it? Yeah, that's the fear.
No, wait, that's not it. I think it's... I think it's that bit right there.
Scaaaaary, isn't it? Oooooh...

I had a dream once that there were IMMs to real life. Who did not care if you were a good person or a bad person -- only how interesting you were.  :-\
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Jengal on June 01, 2009, 11:00:53 AM
When you chant spells to yourself, just to see what happens.

I'm convinced Arm spells work in real life and I'm just not pronouncing the words correctly.

Quote from: jcljules on July 17, 2009, 08:44:08 AM
I had a dream once that there were IMMs to real life. Who did not care if you were a good person or a bad person -- only how interesting you were.  :-\

Shhhhhh.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
No, look closer. There, see it? Yeah, that's the fear.
No, wait, that's not it. I think it's... I think it's that bit right there.
Scaaaaary, isn't it? Oooooh...

Quote from: Sraosha on July 17, 2009, 08:50:10 AM
I'm convinced Arm spells work in real life and I'm just not pronouncing the words correctly.

You're not pronouncing them right.   ;D
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

when you go to a friends house for a party, but end up on her computer playing arm, waiting for that response from the Imms you despratly need.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

When you take a bottle of water with you everywhere, just in case, and guard it like it's some kind of treasure.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on July 19, 2009, 02:33:28 AM
When you take a bottle of water with you everywhere, just in case, and guard it like it's some kind of treasure.

i do this.
Grebber - One who grebs.