You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: SMuz on March 15, 2009, 08:41:17 AM
Quote from: Preacher on March 15, 2009, 07:31:54 AM
When you are offered a job that will switch you from shift work with 7 days off out of 14 to a Monday to Friday job and one of the most important considerations on taking the sweet new job with huge advancement potential and long term benefit is that it will seriously reduce the amount of time you get to play.
Ouch, dude. You shouldn't even have to consider that.

Yeah, I know...but this job is a really good opportunity and there is some more money involved.  And the atmosphere is much more professional.  Sure, there will be a lot of changes to my lifestyle, Arm being just one of them, but-

Hang on...did you mean that I shouldn't be worried about losing some play time?  What kind of addict are you?   ;D
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

Quote from: Preacher on March 15, 2009, 11:44:59 AM
When you are offered a job that will switch you from shift work with 7 days off out of 14 to a Monday to Friday job and one of the most important considerations on taking the sweet new job with huge advancement potential and long term benefit is that it will seriously reduce the amount of time you get to play.

Yeah, I know...but this job is a really good opportunity and there is some more money involved.  And the atmosphere is much more professional.  Sure, there will be a lot of changes to my lifestyle, Arm being just one of them, but-

Hang on...did you mean that I shouldn't be worried about losing some play time?  What kind of addict are you?   ;D

Apparently he's not!  Quick guards, CEASE HIM!!
lol.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: Gagula on March 15, 2009, 12:25:57 PM
Apparently he's not!  Quick guards, CEASE HIM!!
lol.

"In the name of the High Lord!"

(You know your addicted when you can successfully quote NPC phrases)

"You haggle like a nomad!"
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

"Thief! Thief!"
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

You completely loose track of time and one minute it's only 12 am, then it's 3 am, then 5... WHERE DID MY NIGHT GO!?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I'm an addict in rehab. Hah, it's weird that Arm is the only game that I feel reluctant to say "RL takes priority over the game, man." This game is evil. Damn imms are chewing on my brainz.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 16, 2009, 05:23:41 AM

I'm an addict in rehab. Hah, it's weird that Arm is the only game that I feel reluctant to say "RL takes priority over the game, man." This game is evil. Damn imms are chewing on my brainz.

Always did wonder if erdlu brain stew had JUST erdlu brains in it.  lol

When you wake up, go to your computer and type weather, and wonder why it tells you there is going to be rain when OBVIOUSLY this is a desert world.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Quote from: tortall on March 16, 2009, 04:27:54 AM
You completely loose track of time and one minute it's only 12 am, then it's 3 am, then 5... WHERE DID MY NIGHT GO!?

As common as this is, this has been happening to me lately. I log on at 10-11pm, play for a while, chat with some friends, whatever. Suddenly I look at the time, and its midnight, and I say "Wow, this is getting exciting." and then by 3am I'm going "Woah. What did I DO for three hours?"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Maso on March 15, 2009, 08:38:40 AM
When you consider moving across the pond just so you can regularly play during peak.

You can stay at my house.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Canada? No thanks. ^^
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on March 16, 2009, 03:09:17 PM
Canada? No thanks. ^^

*shaking his fist*
Why I aughta!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I've seen southpark. I know what goes on there.

Don't you try and fool me!!!!

>>
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on March 16, 2009, 03:58:07 PM
I've seen southpark. I know what goes on there.

Don't you try and fool me!!!!

>>

Yea dude... all Canadians have flapping heads when they talk.

Eh?

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

..when you play Arm from the GDB because you can't log into the game  :-\
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

When you play an average of 15+ hours a day and stay up until 7 am.

People that were on there, damn. 10 people online, and I manage to find FOUR of them. You guys rock face.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: tortall on March 19, 2009, 02:05:42 PM

People that were on there, damn. 10 people online, and I manage to find FOUR of them. You guys rock face.

Managed to find 2 today with 8 people online.

Quote from: Mechafish on March 19, 2009, 03:03:32 PM
Quote from: tortall on March 19, 2009, 02:05:42 PM

Managed to find 2 today with 8 people online.
I found 5 people in the same room once, with only 14 online. One of them was a clan member. Been addicted to off-peak ever since ;)

Once there were five people online, and I found all five.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Once there were ten people online, and I found twelve.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Good night, this reminds me of the achievement threads.
-Albert Einstein

I have typed who only to find I was the only PC in Zalanthas. Sometimes this would last for an hour, sometimes almost two. It has happened about 15 times to me. Now... I don't know what's up with that, but it's happened. Maybe I just found a whole new level of offpeak. heh.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on March 20, 2009, 09:54:53 AM
I have typed who only to find I was the only PC in Zalanthas. Sometimes this would last for an hour, sometimes almost two. It has happened about 15 times to me. Now... I don't know what's up with that, but it's happened. Maybe I just found a whole new level of offpeak. heh.

Or everyone thought a crash was imminent?
-Albert Einstein

When you negotiate a modified work schedule to allow for increased Arm time, then take the new job.
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

When you get a giddy feeling when you use you your and yours in an emote.

% ! +.

I know what you are thinking. And no. Not that. HA! I WYN!!
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Preacher on March 21, 2009, 05:14:13 PM

When you negotiate a modified work schedule to allow for increased Arm time, then take the new job.
Hah, awesome :D