Cages, Cage Fights, and Johnny Cage

Started by mansa, December 02, 2008, 02:35:02 PM

December 02, 2008, 02:35:02 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:56:33 PM by mansa
Hi,

I think there should be an echo when you want to enter a cage, that says, "You may not be able to leave the bone and wood cage.  Type enter cage to enter it."

There's nothing about a cage item that may tell you that you cannot leave it, in it's description.  The point is to prevent people from getting frustrated with entering a cage and not being able to get out, logging out of Armageddon, and never coming back because they entered a death trap that cannot kill them instantly, but kills them by starvation inside a city, which takes 10 hours.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

This must have been wonderful for you to have figured out ...

I wish I had known about it earlier, I could have put a big pile of obsidian coins inside the cage, dropped it in the desert, hide, and just waited for the slaves to line up.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I think that cages should be able to be opened and closed from the outside, and closed from the inside. It makes no sense that my character cannot step into a cage without slamming the door behind him.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: musashi on December 02, 2008, 02:36:19 PM
This must have been wonderful for you to have figured out ...

I wish I had known about it earlier, I could have put a big pile of obsidian coins inside the cage, dropped it in the desert, hide, and just waited for the slaves to line up.

ROFL!!! That would have been amazing.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Mood on December 02, 2008, 02:38:47 PM
I think that cages should be able to be opened and closed from the outside, and closed from the inside. It makes no sense that my character cannot step into a cage without slamming the door behind him.

How would you prevent animals from leaving a cage automatically?
Codedly, it's really just a room without an exit, isn't it?

The simplest solution is to force a user who typed 'enter cage' to type it again.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I once hid a stash of spice in a slave cage, only to find that I couldn't enter or just take it back out.

So I wayed one of my characters buddies over, hinted -very- heavily ICly that I was going to have to pick him up and throw him in so he could get it.

Thankfully he picked up on it and nosaved subdue.

I subdued him, threw him in, he got the spice, I released him from the cage, we went back up in the alleys and got baked.

...Good times.

8)

It's always good to have friends in these kinds of situations.

::Edit:: I've always figured these cages to have a mechanism that locked behind whatever was thrown in from the outside.

This is funny. There was this one time this happened to me. Well, there's this one cage IG that looks very exciting. Lots of colors and things. Maybe even bells? I just sort of wanted to see about things...So that goes to show about that.

You can 'look in cage'.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on December 06, 2008, 11:28:26 AM
You can 'look in cage'.
True, but nowhere about the description of the cage does it say you can't leave it, once you enter it.

Anyway. I agree with mansa. It should double check with you like it does with a reroll.

I also agree.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: mansa on December 06, 2008, 01:56:18 PM
Quote from: Tisiphone on December 06, 2008, 11:28:26 AM
You can 'look in cage'.
True, but nowhere about the description of the cage does it say you can't leave it, once you enter it.

Absolutely, and I agree with the changes you propose.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I concur as well! Here here!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.