How does everyone feel about laundry?

Started by musashi, November 30, 2008, 11:30:52 PM

So, I took a suit to the cleaners a few days ago to get a stain out of it (piece of greasy chicken exploded in my hand while I was eating it). The lady took my suit and gave me a ticket ... and asked me to come back the next day.

As I was walking out I thought hmm ... why does it take a day? It's not like I'm trying to get it tailored or repaired, I just want the stains out.

Then I realized I was crazy.

But really, I think it would be cooler if the cleaning people in game gave you a ticket and asked you to come back later, instead of just insta cleaning your clothing.

Plus ... that device with all the pipes jutting out of it that the Tuluki woman uses scares me more than a half-giant defiler armed with a club of jagged steel.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

The purple salt crystals she buys are an essential staple of the Tuluki economy. If we took her out, I'd honestly starve to death.
"The perfect police state has no police." - William S. Burroughs

Oh I don't want to take her out!!!!! Heavens no! I love her large melon like breasts too much for that. (I think all my PC's hit on her).

I just was thinking that if clothing took a little longer to clean it would be a bit more realistic.

By all means lets let her keep buying and using purple salt crystals!

Personally I think there are enough tickets in the game as-is.

I wouldn't mind an extended delay with some echoes, though. That might be kind of cool.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Heh heh. I hope in real life you thought 'offer ticket' when you went back to the cleaners.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I sort of did ... but it wasn't quite the same because I had already paid for the cleaning when I gave her the suit.

Still ... I need help.

I bought fish and chips the other day and was given a 'plastic ticket painted with a ship' and I too thought 'offer ticket' when I claimed my order.

Crap.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

You let other people handle your clothes.

That's like a less severe version of letting other people cut on you while you're under anesthesia.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

And yet ... we probably both would let them eh?

Quote from: musashi on December 01, 2008, 09:04:27 AM

MAYBE, if I were going to die otherwise. But you're crazy to let them wash your clothes for convenience.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

**gets ready to duck** Well ... until I can find a good servant wife to clean my house and clothes for free ... I have to outsource at a slightly more expensive mark-up.  ;D

Quote from: Tisiphone on December 01, 2008, 09:14:57 AM

MAYBE, if I were going to die otherwise. But you're crazy to let them wash your clothes for convenience.

It's clear from your reluctance, that you're the crazy one.  Worst case scenario: you lose a shirt or something.  ...and before the paranoid tirade, remember, you're crazy.  The rest of us have filters which allow us to ignore the improbable.  It's how we avoid the psoriasis.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...but being afraid of the cleaners is hysterical.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: Ampere on December 01, 2008, 12:33:49 PM
Quote from: Tisiphone on December 01, 2008, 09:14:57 AM

It's clear from your reluctance, that you're the crazy one.  Worst case scenario: you lose a shirt or something.  ...and before the paranoid tirade, remember, you're crazy.  The rest of us have filters which allow us to ignore the improbable.  It's how we avoid the psoriasis.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...but being afraid of the cleaners is hysterical.

No. I'd be crazy if I didn't have a reason. You try giving your clothes to people in a third world country. BEST case scenario is that you don't get them back.

But ... I don't live in a  3rd world country ... I live in a 1st world country ...  :-\

Quote from: musashi on December 01, 2008, 12:38:19 PM
But ... I don't live in a  3rd world country ... I live in a 1st world country ...  :-\

And you know what the only difference is? In a 1st world country, when they tell you they'll return your clothes, they're usually telling the truth.

UGH!  Laundry sucks.  I hate carefully hand washing all of my underwear.  I hate folding clothes.  I hate putting them away and dealing with them.  I hate hanging things up to dry.  I hate going to the dry cleaners.  Laundry is such a stupid hassle...fuck Laundry.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 01, 2008, 12:43:13 PM
UGH!  Laundry sucks.  I hate carefully hand washing all of my underwear.  I hate folding clothes.  I hate putting them away and dealing with them.  I hate hanging things up to dry.  I hate going to the dry cleaners.  Laundry is such a stupid hassle...fuck Laundry.

You do all of that? Wow.. I toss most of my dirty laundry behind my bedroom's door, then when the pile gets too big, I dump it all in the washing machine, wait an hour, then dump it all in the dryer, then I pick it all up
and dump it all in a basket, then daily, I just pick from that basket.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 01, 2008, 12:43:13 PM
Amen. Praise Laura.

On topic, of course: I would not be against the same system as fitters use.

I would like to see variety, however, between the tickets. Managing a large amount of tickets can be frustrating. The fitter's ticket could have a shield on it. The tailor's ticket could have a shirt on it. The cleaner's ticket could have bubbles on it. Much like tickets are different between stables, so should tickets in other areas of business.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I'd like that idea too, 7DV.

Quote from: Malken on December 01, 2008, 12:46:51 PM
You do all of that? Wow.. I toss most of my dirty laundry behind my bedroom's door, then when the pile gets too big, I dump it all in the washing machine, wait an hour, then dump it all in the dryer, then I pick it all up

hehehe... this is going to be fun. :P

I hate doing laundry, I pay this old chinese lady who lives next door to wash it for me, 30 bucks a week and sometimes she leaves food too.  I shovel her driveway when the weather is bad sometimes and she leaves the money.  I'm going to be very bad off when she kicks the bucket.

JaRoD

Quote from: musashi on December 01, 2008, 09:46:08 AM
**gets ready to duck** Well ... until I can find a good servant wife to clean my house and clothes for free ... I have to outsource at a slightly more expensive mark-up.  ;D

Its a flavor of the month problem.  Relatively few wife/house servants being played these days.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

I also hear that you can even train children to do laundry, makes me want to adopt a sixteen year old.

JaRoD

Quote from: Winterless on December 01, 2008, 06:37:17 PM

Hello, old chinese lady of my heart  ;D

*grins and ducks*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on December 01, 2008, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: Winterless on December 01, 2008, 06:37:17 PM

Hello, old chinese lady of my heart  ;D

*grins and ducks*

I do you laundry. Me love you long time.  :-*  ;)