How does everyone feel about laundry?

Started by musashi, November 30, 2008, 11:30:52 PM

Psst..Winterless..buy a brand new red sweatshirt. Then do Malken's laundry. But - sort of - forget to take your brand new red sweatshirt out of the pile...

Dood. PINK clothes. I did it with my boyfriend, and we got married a year later, and he refuses to "let" me do his laundry to this day - more than 10 years later :)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I'm not fond of the idea. After all, cleaning clothes by yourself is already instant. I remember the first time I wrote "clean shirt blood". I waited 10 minutes real time because I thought it had a delay, like with crafting or hide :P

If you're going to add a delay to laundry, have to do the same with cleaning in general. Or even add a cleaning skill. It's not really a bad or good thing, just a minor flavor code, something that the game coders could put in if they had nothing better to do.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

It's Armageddon, you'd think they'd just hire someone to contact you via the Way the moment your shirt is clean.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

There used to be a cleaning delay. It was spammy and annoying.

If you want, emote before/after, and create the delay yourself.

I don't really want a delay between what the cleaning lady/guy emotes ... I would rather they just give you a ticket and ask you to come back later when its clean, much like they do IRL.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I can't really see this adding anything meaningful to the game.  As stated by others, you can achieve this yourself if you wish.