Another videocast

Started by Raesanos, November 05, 2008, 10:07:42 AM

Quote from: Raesanos on December 12, 2008, 11:13:10 AM
Quote from: deviant storm on December 12, 2008, 10:49:06 AM
Any hints on what this mystery race will look like, Raesanos?

Not just yet.

Does the new race look like this?

If not, why not?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

What the fuck is that?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 18, 2008, 02:11:47 AM
Why, precisely, did staff as a whole decide that elves, dwarves, giants, and half-elves could not be simply changed a little and remain a staple? Certainly those names are not DS related - they are, in fact, standard-fare fantasy. Why did the staff decide on a bunch of odd-sounding names instead? Have you folks considered that part of the serious appeal about Armageddon 1.0 was the flip-on-the-ear of stock fantasy races, and the lack of odd-sounding and unknown racial names?

I think this is in fact a really good question.  Once upon a time when I was looking for a new MUD home yet again (before I wound up here obviously) I logged into a MUD.  And it immediately came up with a bunch of odd exceedingly race names.  I couldn't even figure out which were supposed to be human.  And then their website was extremely hard to navigate to find out where these races were (*cough* something very similar to how we have to do General Information -> Races when there are at least twenty other options on the screen also *cough*) So I threw up my hands, said 'fuck a bunch of this shit', and never even got to the point where I was trying the game.  It became crossed off my list.  Maybe it was a sweet game, I'll never know.

I think it's great to want to have people research the docs, but not everyone looking for a new place to play is going to want to research -that- much just to toss in a generic character to see if the syntax and environment of the MUD is going to work for them.  When you're looking for a new MUD, or at least when I am, I do not want to invest three days of research into any given place before even trying it just to figure out what the races are.

So this is something that's vaguely worried me about 2.Arm, too.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Oh.  And we totally need more product placement.   ;D

The Chosen

I've got a question for the next videocast : Can we agree that the properties of mounts in the game as it currently stands are pretty screwed up?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Will there be any thought put in to advertisement for the game?

Or will we always rely on players and mudconnecters to give us newb boots?

It never hurts to tell us stories.  I'm one of those people that listened with rapt attention to Sanvean's stories about her Whiran, and then wished I got to hear more staff stories about when they were young code abusers  ;)

The Chosen

Would the alpha release be invite-only?
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli