Another videocast

Started by Raesanos, November 05, 2008, 10:07:42 AM

I'd like to do another videocast (like this one) but this time I'd like to do it a bit differently.  I'd like you to suggest topics / questions to answer in this thread.  You can also suggest badass titles for my sweet videocast.

hey, first time seeing you.
you look like sylar

A few 2.Arm spoilers would rock.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Yeah, talk about Arm 2.

A few spoilers aren't going to hurt anyone, and it might electrify the playerbase a bit. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I think about Arm 2, I simply roll my eyes.

Quote from: manonfire on November 05, 2008, 10:48:28 AM
Yeah, talk about Arm 2.

A few spoilers aren't going to hurt anyone, and it might electrify the playerbase a bit. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I think about Arm 2, I simply roll my eyes.

More-so every month that goes by without so much as a peep on the blog.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Stories of the old days are good too.  the werekank story was interesting.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Talking about our newer code implementations would be cool. Hearing more about what the staff think of said updates would be interesting. Hearing what the Arm staff are working on in the current game that isn't clan specific is cool too.

Hmm...

I would like to know how the races are evolving codedly?

Is everything set in stone for the various new races?
Anything interesting happening?
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

November 05, 2008, 06:27:23 PM #8 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:36:07 PM by mansa
How you keep the staff from getting bored and not logging in?  Answered!
"Staff don't get bored, rather they get overworked and stop volunteering their time" - Raesanos

Any anything about code, be that the game engine, or the tools that are used to create npcs, items, rooms, etc.

Active ways to collect new players, and to keep the game fresh and exciting?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

New races stuff, definitely!
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 05, 2008, 06:52:54 PM
New races stuff, definitely!
Amen. Matter of fact, any stuff about 2.0 would be good to hear.

I would also love to hear about 1.0, considering the slew of recent changes.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

As a relative newbie I'd like to hear stories about the old days. I loved the old videocasts, and I'm so happy you guys are doing more. Know if Sanvean is going to do any more?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I'm actually doing this soon, let me know if you have other topics / questions that weren't suggested yet.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 05, 2008, 08:16:56 PM
Amen. Matter of fact, any stuff about 2.0 would be good to hear.

I would also love to hear about 1.0, considering the slew of recent changes.

This!

And yay!
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Arm2 timeline in details. (Where you are, what you're doing, who's doing it, how long till completion, how many segments in the whole)

Percentage done or at least done to the point you're going to let us play.

Will Karma be enforced from the get go, and if so, will our karma carry over?

Are the horrible rumors I've heard of Arm2 being pay for play ever going to come to reality?

Can you update the request tool to show when items are viewed by staff, so we can follow up to said staff member instead of staff as a whole?  Like, "Special Application request viewed by Nyr on 12/25/08)"  Right now all it does is approval and submitted dates.

JaRoD

December 08, 2008, 05:44:24 PM #15 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:35:21 PM by mansa
Synergy of Staff, if there's a difference between Saturday Downtimes, and a day that isn't devoted to staff changes and world updates.
I'm curious if there's a difference between the closeness of the staff since there isn't a day fully devoted to one's work, and where you can update yourself on the other staff members works.

Has the IDB fixed any problems that may have occurred, and actually helped keep track of things, in replacement of Saturday Downtime?

Answered!

I don't really think so. People still log in, and the people who don't are the ones who would just log in to do their saturday only work, and so no conversation is really lost. (The loss of Saturday Downtime) doesn't effect staff communication, (The loss of Saturday Downtime) is really only a benefit. - Raesanos

How do the staff feel about Armageddon 2.0 missing target, and how the staff view the game in 2 years, 5 years, and 10 years in the future.

How to increase the playability of the game, increase the fun of the game, while keeping the gave a roleplay intensive game.
Answered!
How do you increase the playability and fun while keeping it rp intensive? WIthout being too pragmatic and boring, which is how I work, it is an optimization between realistic and fun. We want to focus on the realistic fun things, but not implement poop code. A lot of games focus on unrealistic fun things. Sometimes the tradeoff is right: sometimes something isn't THAT unrealistic, but it adds a lot to the game, so we do it. As long as we keep in mind that 100% realism all the time doesn't make a good game, but favoring realism makes Armageddon great, we can keep that in mind as we make our game design decisions. - Raesanos

Maybe some plot ideas that didn't go as planned by Immortals.  Stories of hilarious mistakes by players, that totally disrupted plots.

These are basic questions as to how to remain a cool Dungeon Master for all us players, basically.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Cerelum on December 08, 2008, 05:36:05 PMWill Karma be enforced from the get go, and if so, will our karma carry over?

Are the horrible rumors I've heard of Arm2 being pay for play ever going to come to reality?
JaRoD
It's been said time and again, though many of us dislike it, that karma will not be in place for the first six months of the game, and that they will reevaluate the need for karma at that time.

It's also been expressly stated that Arm and 2.Arm will never, at any point, be pay to play.

Quote from: Only He Stands There on December 08, 2008, 07:59:57 PM
Quote from: Cerelum on December 08, 2008, 05:36:05 PMWill Karma be enforced from the get go, and if so, will our karma carry over?

JaRoD
It's been said time and again, though many of us dislike it, that karma will not be in place for the first six months of the game, and that they will reevaluate the need for karma at that time.

It's also been expressly stated that Arm and 2.Arm will never, at any point, be pay to play.

Three months, actually, per the original post by Sanvean.  If there was a more recent post, that may invalidate that.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I would like a text transcript of all the previous videocasts, and one of the upcoming one. As someone who has no ability to hear the webcasts, I feel very left out of things. I see people on the gdb making references to things on the webcasts, and all I can do is skip the thread and hope that whatever they're talking about isn't important. Because whatever it is, I'm not following it, because I never heard the original point.

If anything on a video cast is something players -should- know about, then I really feel it -should- at least be summarized in text.

-She who pouts sadly every time a staff member says "click here to watch a video of me talking about things you all want to know."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 09, 2008, 08:54:12 AM
I would like a text transcript of all the previous videocasts, and one of the upcoming one. As someone who has no ability to hear the webcasts, I feel very left out of things. I see people on the gdb making references to things on the webcasts, and all I can do is skip the thread and hope that whatever they're talking about isn't important. Because whatever it is, I'm not following it, because I never heard the original point.

If anything on a video cast is something players -should- know about, then I really feel it -should- at least be summarized in text.

-She who pouts sadly every time a staff member says "click here to watch a video of me talking about things you all want to know."

This.

My soundcard has been fried.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Oh yeah, I see that happening.

This would take a ton of time and someone who knew shorthand probably.  Do we have any court reporters in the house!?

JaRoD

Arm needs its own stenographer.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.