To those that say that Red Storm has few players

Started by Marshmellow, October 01, 2008, 12:07:41 PM

Thank you.  You've created a self-fulfilling prophecy.  You all suck.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Be more awesome.  Start a gang.  Hire people.  Create plots.  Get a couple friends to app for family members.  Be patient.  Be active and interesting, so that people want to play around you. Learn to be a mover and a shaker.

If you build it, they will come.

Always better to take a constructive approach than to just bitch on the forum.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

You can do both.
Bitching on the forum is an immediate gratification. But it's not so time consuming as to keep you from planning solutions.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

If my pc ever dies I'm going to make a family clan in rs.
It's going to be a lot of fun for at least three days. I've yet to have an RS born pc live more than three days.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on October 01, 2008, 12:49:40 PM
You can do both.
Bitching on the forum is an immediate gratification. But it's not so time consuming as to keep you from planning solutions.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's counter productive.
The OP sure didn't make Red Storm look like somewhere I'd want to play.

I'm saying consider your tactics. Get things done, have fun and get people to play with you - or be sour and make that play less appealing.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: Marshmellow on October 01, 2008, 12:07:41 PM
Thank you.  You've created a self-fulfilling prophecy.  You all suck.

So what you're saying is... Red Storm has few players?

I think the main downfall is also the main attraction to Redstorm.

I really like Redstorm personally, but I can see why many people wouldnt.

The main attraction/feature of Redstorm is its proximity to the Silt Sea. The Silt Sea is full of wonder and excitement right? But, because 2.Arm is coming out the headway that was being made in making the Silt Sea more accessible to the playerbase and more diverse in general was stopped. Sad state of affairs really.

You can still find stuff to do there that is fun, and the atmosphere is one all its own, but the big draw, the Silt Sea, was cast aside and as such Redstorm took a major blow.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Nobody plays in Red Storm because you need a ranger to get there safely.  Who wants to risk being blinded by that storm code that close to the silt sea.  Making anything but a ranger in Red Storm is boring and lame.

Quote from: roughneck on October 03, 2008, 09:57:34 AM
Nobody plays in Red Storm because you need a ranger to get there safely.  Who wants to risk being blinded by that storm code that close to the silt sea.  Making anything but a ranger in Red Storm is boring and lame.

I disagree strongly, merchants and burglars do very well there, and also I hear  if is a favored place for magickers.
ALSO if you are a warrior (or any other guild for that matter), Kurac has a nice PC presence there now, to and might be doing some hiring.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Eh, I still don't like playing anything but a ranger in Red Storm and the storm code is the reason I don't play or very often even go there with other characters.

Which is frustrating because it's my favourite starting city in the game.

I just get no satisfaction out of wanting to go out with my character and do things but be rendered unable by some storm code that makes me completely blind.  The Storm's Eye is cool, but I don't want to sit there alone for no reason when I could run out and have adventures if I played anywhere else.

Quote from: roughneck on October 03, 2008, 10:11:52 AM
Eh, I still don't like playing anything but a ranger in Red Storm and the storm code is the reason I don't play or very often even go there with other characters.

Which is frustrating because it's my favourite starting city in the game.

I just get no satisfaction out of wanting to go out with my character and do things but be rendered unable by some storm code that makes me completely blind.  The Storm's Eye is cool, but I don't want to sit there alone for no reason when I could run out and have adventures if I played anywhere else.

The man has a good point. I personally would only like to play a Ranger there as well, for storm code reasons.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

It's true.

Merchant crafters who never leave the city and rangers -- those are the two roles that make sense in Red Storm.  I don't have a problem with that -- it's a niche location with a narrow focus, not a replacement for a full city-state.

One of it's greatest charms, to me at least is that it is NOT a city state.  No templars to bow to or noble butts to kiss.
Just good ole harsh Zalanthan life.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That and the fact that one merchant house doesn't own it all.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Makes me sad that I am playing in Tuluk again. :(
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: number13 on October 03, 2008, 02:45:24 PM
It's true.

Merchant crafters who never leave the city and rangers -- those are the two roles that make sense in Red Storm.  I don't have a problem with that -- it's a niche location with a narrow focus, not a replacement for a full city-state.

don't forget ungemmed 'gickers w/ a certain subguild.