Pitching Tents Indoors

Started by Sephiroto, September 13, 2008, 04:08:41 PM

I want to see this feature added.  Namely because I want to pitch a tent in my character's room.  I've seen tents pitched in a cave.  Shouldn't I be able to pitch a tent indoors if the room is large enough?  What do you think?

You'll probably need an f-me handy.

Quote from: Sephiroto on September 13, 2008, 04:08:41 PM
I want to see this feature added.  Namely because I want to pitch a tent in my character's room.  I've seen tents pitched in a cave.  Shouldn't I be able to pitch a tent indoors if the room is large enough?  What do you think?

Aww... your pc doesn't already pitch a tent indoors? Outdoors only? Kinky.

I really do support this idea though. I've always wanted to be able to set up tents in the bazaar/tribal areas/certain indoor rooms.

Quote from: Yam on September 13, 2008, 05:56:33 PM
I really do support this idea though. I've always wanted to be able to set up tents in the bazaar/tribal areas/certain indoor rooms.

DEFINITELY tribal areas.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Has there been anymore on this?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

There are some areas of the game you can pitch a tent "inside a city".
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I wish you could pitch a tent anywhere inside a city. Imagine the indy merchant possibilities. Of course, any authorities should be able to as easily kick down the tents if they don't want them there. 8)

When I was a child one time my father went into my room while I was sleeping and pitched a dinosaur tent he had bought for me on my bed, then put me (still sleeping) inside of it and zipped it up.

I woke up screaming bloody murder thinking I had been kidnapped.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I can see people pitching tents while inside tents, thus forming an unending tunnel to store your secret treasure goodness.

Watch for this bug if it gets implemented.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on November 24, 2009, 12:44:44 PM
I can see people pitching tents while inside tents, thus forming an unending tunnel to store your secret treasure goodness.

Worse yet... multiple tunnels forming a maze.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Actually the tunnels forming a maze thing sounds pretty kick-ass.

The stacking doll tent thing would be crap though. And too costly to be worth it in most cases, I would think.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: musashi on November 24, 2009, 12:25:32 PM
When I was a child one time my father went into my room while I was sleeping and pitched a dinosaur tent he had bought for me on my bed, then put me (still sleeping) inside of it and zipped it up.

I woke up screaming bloody murder thinking I had been kidnapped.

I think I'll stop laughing in about ten minutes, because really, I did this once myself. Only it wasn't a dinosaur tent, it was just a regular tent, but my dad got some kind of boyscout tent and put it up in our room (I say our because it was the early 60's and all of us kids lived in one huge room like a dorm) and somehow managed to get all of us in it, and when we woke up, hell broke out, disorientation ensued, lives were nearly lost, and five kids tore up a small boyscout tent trying to escape.
What night, dark or bright with stars, doesn't bring our love to life, even as we sleep?

Yeah ... I dunno why parents think that's going to end well.

Or maybe the know what the reaction will be ... and it's like a guilty pleasure of parenting
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Being able to pitch a tent in the bazaar, quit there and have it be persistent would be awesome.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Rooms need a [tent] flag to prevent this.  Rooms have flags that allow or disallow kanks (R.I.P.) and wagons to enter.  They should also have flags for tents.  So, a tent would not have a tent flag.  Unfortunately, I don't see the staff recoding the hundreds of thousands of rooms to have tent flags, so this probably won't work.

OR, players could be responsible and not pitch tents inside tents.

Especially if the tent outside the tent was destroyed, the tent inside the tent would be lost forever!
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on November 24, 2009, 08:50:22 PM
Especially if the tent outside the tent was destroyed, the tent inside the tent would be lost forever!

Trapped in an alternate tent-universe, 2.Arm is born.

You really should be able to pitch a tent in Luir's Outpost, 'twixt the walls.  As witness the many tents already pitched there. ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on November 25, 2009, 10:44:13 AM
You really should be able to pitch a tent in Luir's Outpost, 'twixt the walls.  As witness the many tents already pitched there. ;)

Has anybody tried?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on November 25, 2009, 12:41:05 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on November 25, 2009, 10:44:13 AM

Has anybody tried?

Indeed he has. :)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Sephiroto on November 24, 2009, 08:47:25 PM

Rooms need a [tent] flag to prevent this.  Rooms have flags that allow or disallow kanks (R.I.P.) and wagons to enter.  They should also have flags for tents.  So, a tent would not have a tent flag.  Unfortunately, I don't see the staff recoding the hundreds of thousands of rooms to have tent flags, so this probably won't work.

OR, players could be responsible and not pitch tents inside tents.

Other way around works, a [notent] flag that disallows tents in the room it is set to.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Let me preface this post by saying - this will never happen. But I thought I would codify my deep inner desires here. I would love to see something like:

[Player is in the Bazaar]

>Drop Tent
You drop your sturdy tent.

>Make Tent
You make the sturdy tent.

> Enter Tent
You enter the sturdy tent

[Inside A Sturdy Tent]

> i
You are carrying:
A pair of gloves
A scrab shell helmet
A scrab shell bracer

> add gloves listing 50

You add a pair of gloves to the for sale listing in the tent for 50 coins.

> add helmet listing 100

> list me
#1 a pair of gloves – 50
#2 a scrab shell helmet – 100
> i
A scrab shell bracer

> remove #2 listing
You remove a scab shell helmet from your listing.
> i
A scrab shell bracer
A scrab shell helmet
> quit
Warning – quitting inside your active tent listing will persist you as a merchant npc. Are you sure you want to quit? [y|n]
> y
> You are now an NPC merchant until you log back in. Good bye.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com