IC Time and OOC time

Started by Kyleite, May 05, 2003, 11:34:55 PM

How do In character time relate to out of character, Like a RL week equaling IG days?

I am just wondering because I think it is weird that people do things at certain day like Abid, and sometimes I might go to sleep at that time in RL, It is just annoying me.  :x

Roughly:

1 Real Life day = 1 In Game Week
1 Real Life week = 1 In Game Month
3 Real Life weeks = 1 In Game Year
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Could we archive this, please?
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Won't prevent the question from appearing and reappearing and reappearing.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Kinda like In-laws
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "mansa"Roughly:

1 Real Life day = 1 In Game Week
1 Real Life week = 1 In Game Month
3 Real Life weeks = 1 In Game Year

How does this work?  According to my calculations using 10 Real Life minutes = 1 In Game Hour (according to helpfiles), I came up with only 16.5 RL hours per IG week, 15.5 RL days per IG month, and 46.6 RL days per IG year.

It works because when the game is down, or when it crashs, or anythign else along those lines happens, the time fast-forwards some. Thus, it very nearly equals out to the week-month anology.

Asking why it happens would be an irrelavant question, for it happens, and it is really no hardship upon the playerbase or the timeline itself.

Most of the playerbase will understand that if you say that they are paid once a month, it will mean once a week IRL. When a year is spoken of, most will understand that you mean three to four weeks IRL. When you say that you will see them next week, they will be on tomorrow, waiting for you.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If you want to see a very visible funkiness with time, type score, note your age, then watch through a day as the time changes, and match it up to your age in score.  I have noted that my character actually ages faster than the actual time lapsing in game.  If I remember right, its about 1.5 days of age in score for every 1 day (say morning to morning) that passes in game.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"
Most of the playerbase will understand that if you say that they are paid once a month, it will mean once a week IRL. When a year is spoken of, most will understand that you mean three to four weeks IRL. When you say that you will see them next week, they will be on tomorrow, waiting for you.

Ok, but I'm wondering if a specific day of the week occurs at the same time everyday.  So if it's dusk on Abid right now (IG) and I want to meet you an hour and a half later (RL), would I say "Meet me at the North Gate on Cingel, just as the sun touches the horizon" or would I say "Meet me at the North Gate on Nekrete, just after sunup"?

Or is their no way to be so accurate?

No you can't do that really, for one thing, if you have a crash in between, it will change the time.

Mostly people just say in a week, then if they need to be more specific break into OOC.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."