Doh, crash!

Started by halfbreed, April 28, 2003, 06:32:07 PM

Errr... did the game crash for everyone else?

Me not likes it when me looses connection in the middle of a losing fight....

:shock:
---------------------------------
The Artist Formerly Known as Breg

I can't connect either.   :(

The main pages says "The game is not running" at the bottom.
Yes.  Crash.
(as of ~ 6.41 P.M. Est)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

My fault. Unless ShaLeah was mudsexing again....
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Just out of curiosity, how does one tell if a crash was a direct result of something one did?

I think I broke it. *sniff*

Quote from: "HaiWolfe"Just out of curiosity, how does one tell if a crash was a direct result of something one did?

You, the player, cannot, unless you end up crashing it more than once using the same command.

The staff, however, can. In the MUD code, there is a folder called LOGS. In this folder, the information on each crash is stored. The staff simply reads the file and fixs the problem mentioned within if possible. If a coder of caliber is not available, the command may be commented out for a time, until said coder can look at it and diagnose it. In other cases, when there are no staff online who are competent with coding in any way, the game will simply be shut down, until a coder can come look at the problem.

Disclaimer: Most of this is my opinion, and my experience from both playing Armegeddon and running my own MUD. Staff input is, as always, appreciated.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If you did crash the MUD, you may notice that NPCs start attacking you more often and you lose all of your karma.  Wait, I wasn't supposed to say that...!

I'm just kidding.  There are ways to track what crashed the MUD, and unless you repeatedly continue to exploit the error that does this, you will not be told or punished.
Vendyra

Game down for anyone else?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I don't know what I expected "charge me" to do, honestly.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on October 05, 2008, 12:52:06 AM
I don't know what I expected "charge me" to do, honestly.

Bwahahah!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.