Color script for MM2k or MusHClient

Started by pyrogaseous, May 07, 2008, 10:10:33 PM

Anyone have one they can send me that's already set up? please and thank you...

Simple fix:

Use simpleMU
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

simplemu you have to pay for and it's a piece of shit that can't alt-tab correctly.

Quote from: Agent_137 on May 08, 2008, 11:30:20 PM
simplemu you have to pay for and it's a piece of shit that can't alt-tab correctly.

I've been using the free version for a while now 'cause I'm impoverished and don't really use it for any features beyond 'connecting to the mud.'

But your post intrigues me.

There are clients that can alt-tab? Like... tabs within the mud client? What?

I'm a total mud client airhead here.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

the free version is annoying, mushclient's free version is more potent and has unlimited aliases, triggers, etc, which i believe simplemu doesn't.

you can alt tab between different windows in mush client if you connect to diff muds, but you'd need to use control tab. simple mu might do the same thing, but when i used it a few years ago i would alt tab to another window on my desktop, but simple mu would just flash and stay on top. it was a bug and it went unfixed for years.

Finally, my need for aliases drove me elsewhere, i tried tinyfugue, tintin, wyrmnet (really cool freeware, but I couldn't get it to backup my settings, so i left that one after the designer/coder himself couldn't figure out my problem.)

Eventually, i swung back around to mushclient at the strong reccomendation of delirium. I'd tried it before, but was sickened by the copious amount of options. So I came back, turned off all the god awful ugly tool bars, and found that it was really fucking awesome. You can even log into HTML so you get to read the log just like it looks when you're playing. You can even have it gag commands, or save them.

With Del's help, I even got a fancy infobar setup on mushclient. It's got all my hp, stun, movement, armed status, fighting status, etc, all in a neat little bar that updates everytime your prompt would normally show up. Except now i dont' have to look at a prompt!

I've used MUSHclient since 1999 but never got into the advanced settings.  Can I get a script or whatever to make these infobars pop up?

May 20, 2008, 08:59:40 PM #7 Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:38:36 PM by manonfire
Quote from: Sephiroto on May 20, 2008, 07:41:13 PM
I've used MUSHclient since 1999 but never got into the advanced settings.  Can I get a script or whatever to make these infobars pop up?

Follow instructions here.

Scroll down to Plazgoth's post

Agent's infobar is very, very similiar.

Edit: Fixed the linkage

wow i didn't even realize that thread existed. My infobar is in fact just a customized version of hers.

Quote from: Fathi on May 09, 2008, 12:03:13 AM
There are clients that can alt-tab? Like... tabs within the mud client? What?
He meant ctrl-tab, like tabs within the mud client, just like tabs in your browser.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.