Sapping animals

Started by Salt Merchant, May 02, 2008, 02:21:33 AM

I thought tregils were only hairless on their feet/hands?

Whatever. I'm still gonna murderize them.

Tisiphone is correct.

And by desc A hairless tregil, tregil are hairless and grey skinned.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Wow. I've been emoting that wrong for a while.

Oops.

Quote from: Maso on May 12, 2008, 10:01:40 AM
People do 'sap' animals. ESPECIALLY if they want their fur as this doesn't damage the skin. Sometimes it kills the animal yes, but whether or not the result is death is not an issue to these hunters. They just want the animal to stay still(ish).

I don't think anyone is challenging the fact that people hit animals on the head with clubs. The only point that's been raised is that the sap skill, per its help file, states it's the act of sneaking up on someone to hit them on the head. Most situations that involve hitting an animal on the head do not have anything to do with stealth. I've still yet to see an example of stealth being used to run up and club an animal as a hunting technique.

Having said that, I also don't mind if people do it in the game because, like I said before, it's Armageddon, it's a fantasy game ... maybe it is a valid hunting technique on Zalanthas.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Also, maybe even if 'tisn't a valid hunting technique, people do stupid things. I don't think the argument should be that people 'don't' do things so much as SMART hunters don't do THIS, because it gets you killed, and maybe that the code should be changed to reflect that somehow.

Note that I'm not taking this position. I'm actually fine with people sapping animals.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

You totally cant sap animals! It's completely unrealistic and stupid. And so are people that think you can.

Hey look, someone else telling me how to play.

Quote from: Grey Area on May 02, 2008, 04:02:35 AM
There's something hilarious about skulking about bopping tregils on the head. Kinda like clubbing baby seals.

I needed a new sig, Even if I've not popped in here for a long ass time. New things are hawt.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."