New Player

Started by Raph, April 09, 2008, 09:08:24 AM

Just wanted to say Hi!
I am sort of a new player. (Don't have a character yet, I want to read through all the available info first before I write one up.)
I've played other MUDs before, IRE and RPI muds, but the last year or so, only IRE. Lately, I found my interest waning, since I couldn't really invest the time I usual had anymore, and the time I did spend there was relatively..boring. I just logged in to chat with friends and keep updated a bit. But, I figured it's time for a change, and I want to actually, you know, have fun and RP during the time I actually can commit. And, having heard of Armageddon a year or so back from a few friends (cue Alger and Dia entrance music), and having been told how awesome Armageddon is, I decided to try it out!
Okay, so...erm, I hope to have fun with RPing with you, guys!

Welcome. It's a great game.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

I just want to put as a disclaimer that I do not pirate people from other games...  Pirating players, that's not something us civilized people do.

Welcome! It's a lot of fun here. You should get into contact with one of our Helpers for all the pesky little questions you'll have about the game. I hope you stick around, there's ton's of amazing experiences to be had!

Dibs on the boots.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Alger is a rock star. Welcome to Crackageddon. 8)
Amor Fati

Quote from: Mood on April 09, 2008, 09:26:52 AM
Dibs on the boots.
Boots are for pansies!

And thanks for the welcomes!
Though, I hope you bear with me when it comes to typos and slightly awkward grammar. English isn't my first language, and while I do give my best, sometimes I make stupid mistakes. Cough. So I apologize now and make the typos later. :>

Actually Raph, I've noticed that the folks with the worst spelling/typo/grammar issues, tend to be people who speak english as their first (and sometimes only) language. The "foreigners" tend to try harder and be less prone to mistakes :)

Welcome to Armageddon, and definitely check out the helpers like someone mentioned in another post in this thread. And the help files for communication. It'll save you the headache when you first pop into the game and people look at you funny because they don't know who you're saying hello to (tell vs. say).
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

May your characters live long and prosper.

Oh what the fuck.. Welcome to Armageddon!  ;D
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Everyone recognizes my characters by the abundant amount of typos. I blame it on my keyboard.

Welcome to the addiction that is known as Armageddon. Ask alot of questions, read the docs, and play your little heart out. Don't hesitate to ask helpers questions either, there can be alot of tricky twists and turns, and it is nice to have someone to help out.

See you in game!
-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Welcome to Armageddon!

Don't get discouraged!  Ask any questions to the helpers here:  http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php

Or ask along the General Discussion Board.

Read this, as well:
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/quickstart.html

Fun Times!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I also do not try to pirate people from other games.  No sir.  If someone says "I really like the roleplay the best" I don't immediately tell them about the most awesome roleplay experience in the world.  Then I don't slam them for laughing at text based games, when they fess up that they could NEVER play something without graphics.

No, never.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

Quote from: LittleLostThief on April 09, 2008, 06:39:49 PM
I also do not try to pirate people from other games.  No sir.  If someone says "I really like the roleplay the best" I don't immediately tell them about the most awesome roleplay experience in the world.  Then I don't slam them for laughing at text based games, when they fess up that they could NEVER play something without graphics.

No, never.

You must be a Tuluki.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Welcome to Crackageddon!

Don't feed the elves
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

One of my profile notes speaks specifically on my numerous typos.

One of my only profile notes....

And yet, is this the best game in the world?

Yes.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Dude alot of players here are from IRE muds.  I was a Lusternian back in the day.  Welcome and stick around.  Armageddon will stick and you will be all the happier for it.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Welcome to Armageddon!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Heck, you've got more experience than me, and I've been playing for what my psychiatrist deems as "months".

I cam from Hack n Slashes, and never really played that many RPG-intensive games, and I keep coming the heck back. Introducing on the boards and talking with us here is often a great way to feel like part of the community. If I had nobody to talk to anywhere, I'd throw up my hands and never come back.

............ What am I saying? I'd probably idle in the Gaj or Firestorm until someone logged in and rope them into a conversation about hats.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Welcome to Armageddon.

Dunno what else to say...uh don't get too attached to your first, second, third, or any character ;).

April 15, 2008, 03:09:17 PM #22 Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:10:27 PM by Nyr
Welcome!
I've started about a week ago now and have settled into Allanakian life as [edited by Nyr]

It's going steady, some boring times (given, being a skinny town-bound youngster), but it's funnily enjoyable. :D

Just a note to not list anything that could identify your character on the General Discussion Board (in this case, names, description, or short description).  Thanks!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Aw, didn't know, alright.