Item Movement Echoes

Started by titansfan, March 04, 2008, 09:12:07 PM

Let's say you put a head or something in a vase and tip it upside down on the floor, then when someone else finds that vase and picks it up, the head falls out and lols across the floor? Sounds cool, huh?

The tall, muscular man glances down at the bloodied flowery-detailed vase.

The tall, muscular man picks up the bloodied flowery-detailed vase.

The head of the dirty beggar slides out of the vase rolling across the floor in a bloody mess.

I was thinking like being able to add you own triggers to things. Like so when you arrange it or whatever you can ADD TRIGGER "Insert Cool THing Here".

I didn't give this great detail, but hopefully it will spark better adaptations. :p
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Qzzrbl endorses this idea....

March 05, 2008, 05:39:46 PM #2 Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:41:25 PM by mansa
I totally thought this idea was something else:

Imagine the Templar's Robes echo an additional line when their character walks from room to room.  Or other such items, like nobles robes or other important people.

That would be cool.  I would suggest that it changes the default 'walk' message, and when you implement your own walk message, your own walk message overrides the item's walk echo.

As to the idea at hand, I believe there's a high chance of abuse.  What would the syntax be?  How do you interact with the virtual items you've just created?  Why don't you just use real items?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one