Prompt

Started by Xio, January 19, 2008, 09:39:48 PM

Small idea, add a parameter option to the prompt for listen status. Might be only me who wants this, dunno.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

I'd expand this and ask for:

Listen
Watch
Guard

I hate when I'm in a tavern with a fighter-type character, and was recently guarding an exit. Then I happen to be guarding the tavern exit, because I forget to turn guard off.

Oh and mercy!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Attach your prompts to your account, not your character.

Quote from: Rindan on January 21, 2008, 12:50:30 AM

Yeah, cause my mundanes are always this, prompt %h/%H;%v/%V;%t/%T>

And my magickers are always that with the mana added at the end.

J-Rod

Quote from: Rindan on January 21, 2008, 12:50:30 AM
How?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

FWIW, many such 'convenience' settings such as this, brief/compact, etc... will be saved on the account instead of the character in Arm 2.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Is it possible to have a 'reminder' or something for Brand New Players ?

Don't you start out with no prompt?

I'm thinking it might help people to ask them to read Help Prompt when they start... or even have a few prompts pre-programmed?

I think it would be helpful if there was 4-5 'generic prompts' that new players can choose from as well as having the ability to make their own.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on January 22, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
Is it possible to have a 'reminder' or something for Brand New Players ?

Don't you start out with no prompt?

I'm thinking it might help people to ask them to read Help Prompt when they start... or even have a few prompts pre-programmed?

I think it would be helpful if there was 4-5 'generic prompts' that new players can choose from as well as having the ability to make their own.

Very good suggestion. A simple 'help prompt' attached to the end of the starting prompt to help assist those who are new to Zalanthas.