Stealing boots? Hmm....

Started by Qzzrbl, January 11, 2008, 08:11:32 AM

I've heard a story or two about a man killing another man in the Old West, and getting busted because he was wearing the dead man's boots that he stole.... I was wondering if anything like this would be possible in Arm 2?

Unlikely.

First, there's no real way to identify a particular pair of boots unless they're really special, like steel-toed or something.

Second, if you weren't caught by the law in the act of murdering the only way you'll get in trouble is if someone else complains to law enforcement with enough money.

Moe's probably right... but I think the real answer is that we, as players, just don't know what the new code will or will not permit, yet.  It might be possible, with the use of temporary attached descriptions for example, to have boots or other items be unique enough to be identified.  Just don't know yet.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I think this happens, though not officially.

I know that if I were a powerful character (templar, lord, head of merc group) and saw someone I had power over possessing something that I knew or suspected belonged to a dead someone I cared about, I might do something about it - from questioning, taking the item back, to (having) the person murdered as necessary.
I was with Kul on that trip.

man stealing boots is the theme of this game right from the start
some of my posts are serious stuff

I've stolen boots a couple times.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

It has happened to me quite a while ago.

A very, very, very, very scary person recognized that I was wearing something of their dead lover's.

That did not go over well.

I've been arrested while in possession of, um, "extra" boots.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Boots?

I thought it was pants.  I love stealing pants in the back of the gaj.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on January 11, 2008, 06:55:22 PM
Boots?

I thought it was pants.  I love stealing pants in the back of the gaj.

Damned apartments, nobody uses the Gaj's backroom table to steal pants anymore.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Will backstab for pants.

Or boots.

Or maybe just for the hell of it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 11, 2008, 08:11:32 AM
I've heard a story or two about a man killing another man in the Old West, and getting busted because he was wearing the dead man's boots that he stole.... I was wondering if anything like this would be possible in Arm 2?

kill soandso
get boots corpse

Unless those two commands are disabled, I think it'll be possible.

For what it's worth, I got caught with a dead guy's necklace, in game.  It was a rather unique necklace and I should have known better.  Interesting role play, though.

:-X