The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

MISS RINTH :'(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on March 25, 2009, 11:57:47 AM
MISS RINTH :'(

You just miss me and Ghost.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

And a couple of others. :(

It wouldn't be the same anyway i guess....   :'(

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I don't miss you, RG.    >:(

I miss the abandoned homes being trapped with flash powder.

Those were the days.

Quote from: Maso on March 25, 2009, 06:47:43 PM
I don't miss you, RG.    >:(

Yeah, well I miss killing you. Can't wait to see you again IG. We should app something together!

You wish you killed me!

The 'rinth is bumping pretty well right now. I'm getting interaction with all sorts of people every time I log on. I suggest anyone with a desire for fast-paced adventure to get in this maze, now!
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on April 10, 2009, 02:04:35 PM
The 'rinth is bumping pretty well right now. I'm getting interaction with all sorts of people every time I log on. I suggest anyone with a desire for fast-paced adventure to get in this maze, now!

Fast-paced, indeed. If only this holiday weekend would end so I can log back in...  :(
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

JOIN NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUR BABIES!

But on a more serious note....the Rinth really needs some love. And those players in the Rinth now need to be able to habor new folks instead of whacking them all off. This is a vital part of the game world and it should be incorporated more than it is being now.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Or go to Undertuluk!

*ducks*
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: titansfan on June 12, 2009, 02:14:29 PM
And those players in the Rinth now need to be able to habor new folks instead of whacking them all off. This is a vital part of the game world and it should be incorporated more than it is being now.

Depends who you come into contact with. Some people are in fact more harboring of new folks than you might think. Please don't make generalizations like that. There are always a couple players that can't see past killing someone for a few smalls in the 'Rinth, outside the gates, UnderTuluk, etc. You just need to find the right people to interact with.

I think the 'Rinth could definitely use some more players, and there are characters based out of there that are in fact very harboring of new characters, and you shouldn't pass up playing in the 'Rinth because you think you'll be killed within a few hours. You could, yes, but that isn't the goal of most characters I come across.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Quote from: elvenchipmunk on June 14, 2009, 01:18:14 PM
Quote from: titansfan on June 12, 2009, 02:14:29 PM
And those players in the Rinth now need to be able to habor new folks instead of whacking them all off. This is a vital part of the game world and it should be incorporated more than it is being now.

Depends who you come into contact with. Some people are in fact more harboring of new folks than you might think. Please don't make generalizations like that. There are always a couple players that can't see past killing someone for a few smalls in the 'Rinth, outside the gates, UnderTuluk, etc. You just need to find the right people to interact with.

I think the 'Rinth could definitely use some more players, and there are characters based out of there that are in fact very harboring of new characters, and you shouldn't pass up playing in the 'Rinth because you think you'll be killed within a few hours. You could, yes, but that isn't the goal of most characters I come across.

Correct.

Get involved with the people who are harboring new characters, and you'll soon find out those pansies who want to mug you every five seconds won't be around for long.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Great starting location for newbies, surprisingly.

If I didn't have a PC right now, I'd definitely give it another try.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: iWhiskey on July 22, 2009, 08:56:19 AM

It's pretty easy to make a living in the 'rinth, scavenging for..."parts." You might call it "newbie scavenging." ;)

Quote from: hyzhenhok on July 22, 2009, 03:43:15 PM
Quote from: iWhiskey on July 22, 2009, 08:56:19 AM

It's pretty easy to make a living in the 'rinth, scavenging for..."parts." You might call it "newbie scavenging." ;)

;D

I need more boot....errrr, I mean, yay, newbs come play Rinth!

;)
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Come play in the rinth so you can debate whether or not to hang out in the Gaj.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

'Rinth is good.

Among my favourite characters of all time was a 'rinther thug who mugged people and found himself involved in plenty of alley wars and knife fights.

Maybe one day I'll return to those familiar, grimy alleyways.

Rinth! Rinth! Rinth! Rinth!