The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

Some of my finest moments have come in the Rinth. Some of my most shamefully assinine, too, but sweet with the sour and all. I heartily reccomend it.

Alas, you will get robbed, molested and betrayed. The rinth is not for pussies or crybabies.  So, folks of that particular leaning should play Tuluk.

-WP laughs.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Olgaris on December 25, 2008, 04:04:36 AM
Don't do that. Take it like a man. Survive. Plot revenge. ROLEPLAY.

I've been playing a Rinth'r and im diggin it!

Need more elven players!!!!!!!!!!! Please!
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

To add to this:

The city elves in the Labyrinth have a very rich culture to pull from. Email the staff if you want more info, and hopefully, they will reciprocate.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

The 'rinth is indeed a happening place. And soon to be even cooler than ever (see weekly update).
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Quote from: Olgaris on December 31, 2008, 05:39:57 PM
The 'rinth is indeed a happening place. And soon to be even cooler than ever (see weekly update).

You built new rooms?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote12/30/2008: 23 New rooms in Allanak, part of 3D revamp -- Olgaris

Excellent.

See that?

New rooms!

Make a 'Rinther. O:<

I think the most recently created new rooms are southside, and Olgaris is hinting the 3D project will make it's way towards the Rinth soonish.

Maybe.

I saw a couple new NPC's in the 'rinth that helps flesh things out.

I played a 'rinthi character once. That character saw more things, got involved with more plots, and died faster than any of my other pc's. Though stuff might not always be happening there, when it happens, it happens pretty big, and it affects a lot of players.

Getting involved in the 'rinth is generally pretty easier than the rest of the world i've found. Though it does really take a certain mindset. It's not kill or be killed, it's more like kill or be [censored]
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Initiative, drive and willpower are the essence of its body.

Interesting.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Searanox on January 02, 2009, 10:52:50 AM
Getting involved in the 'rinth is generally pretty easier than the rest of the world i've found.

Depends.  Sometimes you have inclusive players in the Rinth, sometimes you have paranoid shut-ins.

For the record, now is a good time to roll a Rinthi, if you want to be involved.

Everything in the Rinth is rising up....leadership gallore. Plenty of great oppurtunties both to make something out of your character and to experience great rp.

'Nak in general, b'tches.

It's where it's going down.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

When Suk-Krath goes down for the day.
The 'Rinthi rats come south to play.

;)

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 03, 2009, 02:58:20 PM
When Suk-Krath goes down for the day.
The 'Rinthi rats come south to play.

When upward soars the bloody moon
they leave their heads, and go back home.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Beautiful. *sniffle*

I am scared to play a 'rinther character. From what I've heard, it's a place where people are skulking about, ready to backstab you and take your stuff. Also, the thieves. I heard that just sleeping for a few minutes in an alley could get you stripped naked.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

That's why you don't sleep in the alleys.  Find a safe place to sleep out of sight...

I had one in the works. Fully completed. Even filled out that character generation thingy I found on the GDB somewhere. Went so far as to bug a helper for some assistance with the background. But then I found out the rinth isn't so populated. Decided not to bother. Somebody PM me when there's at least 10 active rinthis that aren't total twinks.
Quote from: Rahnevyn
QuoteWhat is the difference between a Highlord and Overlord?
OLs are like HLs on steroids. They make the Really Big Decisions that affect the course of the entire game.

Quote from: Zira on January 07, 2009, 05:07:53 AM
I had one in the works. Fully completed. Even filled out that character generation thingy I found on the GDB somewhere. Went so far as to bug a helper for some assistance with the background. But then I found out the rinth isn't so populated. Decided not to bother. Somebody PM me when there's at least 10 active rinthis that aren't total twinks.

Define 'total twink'.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on January 07, 2009, 05:27:50 AM

Define 'total twink'.

I don't want to lose my shoes while I'm standing, or get instaganked the moment I lose my connection. I've heard of both. I want to have a chance, even if it's slim, to survive. I want to RP at least a little bit before giving somebody my newbie sids via death.

If I can't get the above, I'll forever believe the rinth not worth the time... especially considering I put more effort into the rinthi PC than any other PC I've made on any MU*.
Quote from: Rahnevyn
QuoteWhat is the difference between a Highlord and Overlord?
OLs are like HLs on steroids. They make the Really Big Decisions that affect the course of the entire game.

January 07, 2009, 06:05:39 AM #224 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:08:44 AM by Reiloth
Quote from: Zira on January 07, 2009, 05:50:33 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on January 07, 2009, 05:27:50 AM

Define 'total twink'.

I don't want to lose my shoes while I'm standing, or get instaganked the moment I lose my connection. I've heard of both. I want to have a chance, even if it's slim, to survive. I want to RP at least a little bit before giving somebody my newbie sids via death.

If I can't get the above, I'll forever believe the rinth not worth the time... especially considering I put more effort into the rinthi PC than any other PC I've made on any MU*.

Don't knock it till you try it. That's my motto, with all things.

You may have -heard- these things happen.

I have seen, over years of play in the Labyrinth:

-Some of the best RP in the entire game in the Labyrinth.
-Some of the least amount of 'twinking' "Hey man, you want to spar?" "No, asshole, I am trying to scrape by for a slice of bread!"
-Some of the least amount of 'ganking'. That's mostly the NPC's jobs. Anything else is perfectly logical in a cesspool of rotting bodies and moldy food (Sometimes the same thing!)
-Some of the most chilling, frightening, scary moments in Arm history. Ever.
-Some of the coolest culture / background, especially with the Guild and Elvish tribes.
-Some twinks. They're everywhere in Zalanthas.
-Some hedonistic bards.
-Some nihilistic elves.
-Some fanatic half-elves.
-Some Player Run gangs.
-Some idiots.
-Some n00bs.
-Some corpses.

Honestly, give it a try, you might be surprised.

Yes, you will not find 30 people sitting in a tavern. But the days where the Labyrinth is on, its like a furnace of non-stop action.

Also -- The thing about the Labyrinth is it is a quick turnover. It is one of the most dangerous parts of the World. A character with over 15 days played is much rarer than in the city proper.

Another word of advice, that you can take or leave: Don't invest as much time in writing up elaborate backgrounds for characters. Give them something vague, something specific to work off of, sure. But don't detail everything to the T. Let playing in Armageddon take care of that, and leave it to the bio command to -really- fill out who your character is.

~Jack Vance~