The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

I'm looking for anyone who needs an elven family role in the Rinth filled, or even a human role thats open, preferably mundane. PM me with more info, Thx.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

What is the crip walk?
I was with Kul on that trip.

Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Thanks - can't get to youtube at work, but I will look at them later.
I did check out wiki.

Interesting and odd.

I thought it referred to the whole "backwards pants" thing.

I'm so old.
I was with Kul on that trip.

Haha. Nah, that was the Kris Kross effect.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

January 09, 2008, 12:31:53 PM #56 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:34:54 PM by Dan
I had a 15 minute break, so here is a quick slice of life from the alleys-

Lips knew she was fucked, and definately not in the literal sense. That bastard they call Lazy Hand was onto her for making too much black on his terf, and rumor is that guy is connected.

"In these digs you can hear when something bad is going down. It isn't loud, there is no crashing and scratching. No one screams out when they die here. You hear the nothing, and that is when you know it is trouble time. It creeps from window to door, skips off a puddle of piss and hooks the corner to find you fast, like a wildfire. Silence is your best friend and worst enemy here, you don't realize it is too quiet until it is too late... and when you are on the scamp it works out from you like the breath of a prossi. You feel it more than see it, everyone does."

Lazy had to make cut, the Boss was really riding him this week because -He- wasn't making bid to the Big. Not like it was his fault either, that good for scrap up and comer was making sweat for -everyone-. She knew how to work it, the sale, the scam, and would spread'em for enough too. Cornering a small bit from all the markets was no way to make friends, stick where your welcome and get a pimp. Sure, Lazy had to start out somewhere too, but he did it right and sold himself under a pimp like any self respecting prossi. Now all he wanted to do was find her, because once she was knockered around a while he could get his mind right and get back to the sling. Spit rolling around in his mouth felt like sand, and he had a fuck of a time trying to piss for the last week. Not to mention the shakes, so come on woman, let Lazy Hand make it all square and get his fix.

"Yeah, you see dead folk every now and then. They always deserved it. Too old and frail, too young and stupid. Every now and then someone just fucks with the wrong person and is opened up. There are rules, everything here is black or white. Bribes are for Templars from the rich. Rich to the rich. Kank-shit. Up here you fuck up, well, you better be quick in your head and talk your way out of the problem becuase if you start flashing black and bribe all over you'll get every cock-sucker trying to pin you, just for a cut."

So come out, join us and get involved!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

@¬@

Jooiiiiinnnnn ussssss.....

My whole problem with the rinth is that there are not enough spaces that are "hidden" from most people.. I've seen characters stalked down by Magickal flying templars on remote rooftops of the rinth.  You have like three or four places with closeable doors, but they are easily bypassed and only handful of other areas that either require clan association or group assistance to get to...

My personal feelings of the rinth is that it should be more how it reads... Such a dangerous place that even the templar and militia won't enter... There should be so many hidey holes that you would have to do more trips then four or five to check every "hiding" area... Just my personal feelings.

J-Rod

I personally love how the Rinth is, but as J-Rod said there could be more to it. I think if enough people start playing in there it will be much more criminal friendly and much more scary.

Quote from: Cerelum on January 09, 2008, 05:22:35 PM
My whole problem with the rinth is that there are not enough spaces that are "hidden" from most people.. I've seen characters stalked down by Magickal flying templars on remote rooftops of the rinth.  You have like three or four places with closeable doors, but they are easily bypassed and only handful of other areas that either require clan association or group assistance to get to...

My personal feelings of the rinth is that it should be more how it reads... Such a dangerous place that even the templar and militia won't enter... There should be so many hidey holes that you would have to do more trips then four or five to check every "hiding" area... Just my personal feelings.

J-Rod

Yeah, it could use a few more good hiding spots. But if you know where to look there are some -really- good places not many people know about.

Y'know, I'm starting to get the idea that you want more people to play rinthers.

I'm just not sure.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Yes, well, I always thought it was more fun when good players got into leadership roles in the Rinth, whether it be their on gangs or something thats coded, just please I'm begging BE A CRIMINAL with us.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on January 03, 2008, 09:17:04 PM
You serious? There are Bloods in the rinth? Where the fuck are the Crips? Up north?

No, Seriously, I wanna know.

Read this:

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=57
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Sorry to derail, but is it kosher that anything not in the docs but in the original submissions is common (OOC) knowledge?

I'm not backbiting you, Mansa, I'm genuinely curious. The idea had never occurred to me before.

January 10, 2008, 11:30:51 AM #66 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:34:20 AM by mansa
Quote from: Troicha on January 10, 2008, 09:26:19 AM
Sorry to derail, but is it kosher that anything not in the docs but in the original submissions is common (OOC) knowledge?

I'm not backbiting you, Mansa, I'm genuinely curious. The idea had never occurred to me before.

Nothing and Everything is common knowledge.  It's up to you how much your character knows.

Considering Marko's The Blood story is over 8 years published on the website...  Should your character know about all the different gangs in the 'rinth and their names and symbols?  Or should they know that there is more than one?  Or should they believe that the 'rinth is just a warzone and everybody kills everybody else and there are no gangs?  All are correct!

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on January 10, 2008, 11:30:51 AM

Nothing and Everything is common knowledge.  It's up to you how much your character knows.

Considering Marko's The Blood story is over 8 years published on the website...  Should your character know about all the different gangs in the 'rinth and their names and symbols?  Or should they know that there is more than one?  Or should they believe that the 'rinth is just a warzone and everybody kills everybody else and there are no gangs?  All are correct!

Wouldn't it make sense that if you were born and raised in the 'rinth, you'd be reasonably familiar with the gangs and at least their colors?  I mean, gang colors and names go international these days here, it seems to stand to reason that a kid growing up on their turf would be aware, if not have relatives that have worked for/been a part of the gangs, or been affected by conflicts between gangs.

People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.
- John Dee, Preludes & Nocturns

Quote from: Silverfaune on January 10, 2008, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: mansa on January 10, 2008, 11:30:51 AM

Wouldn't it make sense that if you were born and raised in the 'rinth, you'd be reasonably familiar with the gangs and at least their colors?  I mean, gang colors and names go international these days here, it seems to stand to reason that a kid growing up on their turf would be aware, if not have relatives that have worked for/been a part of the gangs, or been affected by conflicts between gangs.

Definitely, which is why there's some docs like this:
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/rinth.html

However, should everybody know that information?

Should everybody know the power levels of spells?  Or what the reaches mean?  No.

Are you suggesting that the 'What you Know - 'Rinth' should be modified to include more background history about the gangs?

Yes and no. I think with a simple email, if you are applying for say a city elf, you should ask if there are any tribes or gangs you can put into your background.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Anywho.

More people would still be nice.... :<

Quote from: Ocotillo on January 09, 2008, 06:57:48 PM
Y'know, I'm starting to get the idea that you want more people to play rinthers.

I'm just not sure.

:o

Read me like a book....

Quote from: mansa on January 10, 2008, 01:24:18 PM
Quote from: Silverfaune on January 10, 2008, 01:13:08 PM

Definitely, which is why there's some docs like this:
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/rinth.html

However, should everybody know that information?

Should everybody know the power levels of spells?  Or what the reaches mean?  No.

Are you suggesting that the 'What you Know - 'Rinth' should be modified to include more background history about the gangs?
I don't think there should be background history but there should be a way for people that are of the 'rinth to at least have a vague idea of who the major players there are.  The commoners in Allanak know who the powers are in the city - they know not to piss off anyone wearing a Templar's robe even if they don't know anything about Templars or how they work.  They know vaguely that there are noble houses and even a little bit about what each house is famous for.  They know that people wearing black gems are magickers, even if they don't know what they can do.  So it seems reasonable that a 'rinthi would know at least about the existance of the major groups that affect their lives and how to identify those who want to be identified, doesn't it?

Otherwise you have newbies like myself getting killed because they didn't know that the person wasn't just dressed funny, but proudly displaying gang colors that should have read "Don't pester me, I've got powerful friends".  Sure, there are always naive people around that are just clueless, or there are foreigners that don't know anything and have to learn the hard way, but if I grew up on the same street as a Hell's Angels clubhouse I would certainly know they were there and that they had an impact on things, even if I didn't understand the whys and hows of it.
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.

Quote from: Silverfaune on January 11, 2008, 07:23:24 AM
Otherwise you have newbies like myself getting killed because they didn't know that the person wasn't just dressed funny, but proudly displaying gang colors that should have read "Don't pester me, I've got powerful friends".  Sure, there are always naive people around that are just clueless, or there are foreigners that don't know anything and have to learn the hard way, but if I grew up on the same street as a Hell's Angels clubhouse I would certainly know they were there and that they had an impact on things, even if I didn't understand the whys and hows of it.

If you are a newbie to the game or to an area and you do not know what the powerful organizations are or how to identify their members, just assume that everyone is more powerful than you and can kill you -right now- if they want to, and you'll be OK. When I played in the 'rinth and had no clue, that's what I did, and it worked out just fine. You really don't need documentation to help you out with this, just moderately decent social skills and some smarts.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 11, 2008, 12:08:00 PM
If you are a newbie to the game or to an area and you do not know what the powerful organizations are or how to identify their members, just assume that everyone is more powerful than you and can kill you -right now- if they want to, and you'll be OK. When I played in the 'rinth and had no clue, that's what I did, and it worked out just fine. You really don't need documentation to help you out with this, just moderately decent social skills and some smarts.

I did this and it worked out fine for me, no complaints here.   I was just saying it would also make sense if your character knew the odd thing starting out, my little add-on to what Troicha and Mansa were discussing.  I don't think it would detract from the "find out IC" qualities of the game and in many instances it would make sense to have an idea about the more prominent features in your neighborhood.