The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

Tired of bowing down beneath the oppressive yoke of the templarate? Tired of obeying those silly laws? Fed up with digging latrines for weeks on end and being eaten by raptors?

The Rinth wants you!

Come join the exciting RP opportunities in the alleys of Allanak's most...colorful sector! (neckers need not apply) :p

Seriously...come play with us. We need more people.
I know a lot of people think that playing in the rinth is the same old, fighting every day, stealing from the rich giving to yourself kind of RP, but there's tons of room for variety.

I heartily endorse this post. Play in the 'rinth, 'Nak needs more 'rinth rats.

This campaign is endorsed by the Bogre Baby Rinther Assc. Don't let those baby vnpc's grow up alone!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Who would be best to PM about this?
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Far as I know it's just a starting location, read the docs and jump in game. ;)

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

The 'rinth is a starting location, and it can be awesome. Definitely go play in the 'rinth, I really enjoyed my time there.

To get you started:

What You Know If You Are From the Labyrinth

New to the 'rinth

Rinthi habits/legends

Safe in the rinth

Why I hate the rinth

Another tip for anyone new to playing in the 'rinth: When you start your character, you will probably be confused as to where the hell you are and why you are there. The reason you're there is because all 'rinthi characters, regardless of race, start in the same location. So, go north, and then figure the rest out for yourself.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Ah, well...  Just curious if there was anyone in particular to get involved is all.  Not going to get into character detail, but you can proably figure my interest.

Also thank you for those links, I actually needed those.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Clans in the 'rinth operate in the same way that clans in Allanak proper do, which is to say, you can't join them OOCly. You have to get in game and get the IC hookup. Trust me, you wouldn't want to bypass that part, because joining a gang in the 'rinth has its own particular kind of charm ;)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Exactly, and thanks for posting those links Gimfalisette.

As much as we'd prefer you to sneak your way in like the dirty rinth rat you are...I'm happy to answer PM questions as long as they are plenty vague!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

The 'Rinth is awesome. I had a crap load of fun for the brief time I played in it. Personally, I jumped in without reading anything besides the "What you know" about it. In fact, I knew just about nothing about the place. It was very exciting getting to learn the ins and outs. I have two main points of advice though, and even though they were mentioned in the links Gimf posted I think they bear repeating:

1. The 'Rinth is as nasty as it gets on Zalanthas. Muggings and murder are common place. If you stick out of the crowd by your appearance or your actions, you will become a target.

2. DO NOT QUIT OUT SOUTHSIDE. Allanak proper is not your home if you're a 'Rinth rat. Try not to think of the southside as a "safe" area. Remember, that's where the law resides. A 'Rinther wandering around the Commoner's Quarter can look pretty suspicious. Keeping this concept in mind was one of my favorite aspects of 'Rinth play. The home and familiar places of my first character transformed into an alien place fraught with danger through the eyes of my 'Rinther. I loved it.

Now I really want to play a 'Rinther again...
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

We need to edit the 'what you know' of the 'rinth to include that not lowering your hood on command is a VIOLENT OFFENSE.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I never got into the 'rinth because, back when I tried it, I played it badly.

One of the things that would have helped would have been something like a FAMILY (or gang? This is the 'rinth) ROLE *hint hint* The 'rinth is very difficult to get into if you approach it incorrectly, which I think turns the majority of first-timers away. So sad.

I endorse the rinth, whole heartedly.

Play criminals.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

We all float...
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

As a newbie I have to say I really enjoyed my brief time playing in the 'rinth and will happily do it again.  Maybe it's because I was a complete newb, but I didn't find it a lot harder than playing anywhere else thus far, and though I didn't exactly get far (not because of playing in the 'rinth, all my troubles seemed to occur when I left it!), I found that the people I did run into were great rpers and... well, "welcoming" in what I assume is the 'rinth way - which is to say most didn't hesitate to rp and took interest in newcomers, regardless of whether or not it was "nice" roleplay - and I wouldn't have had it any other way!

People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.
- John Dee, Preludes & Nocturns

Come play in the 'rinth you say. It's tons of fun with lots of intrigue you say. Okay I think, wonderful idea...

Three hours of walking around, finding no one, and finding no bar's or places where others might hang out in any case, I'm starting to disagree. And yes I mean three hours quite literally.

In my experience it can sometimes take hours and hours before you stumble upon one of the Rinth's 'active plots.' But the moment you do, you're in over your head and having the time of your life.

Lol, hours and hours of typing e, w, s, and n doesn't intrigue me at all. Thats just ridiculous.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 02, 2007, 02:48:19 AM
Come play in the 'rinth you say. It's tons of fun with lots of intrigue you say. Okay I think, wonderful idea...

Three hours of walking around, finding no one, and finding no bar's or places where others might hang out in any case, I'm starting to disagree. And yes I mean three hours quite literally.

The Rinth is a maze...  and there are places within it that are bars or player gathering locations, just finding them though is quite difficult.  Why?  Well, it's the Labyrinth.

Thanks to all that posted information to help me, it's been put to good use already.  ;)
A staff member sends:

Having played nearly 15 characters or more in the 'rinth, on both ends of the power spectrum, I have to agree with jstorrie.

I have spent -days- walking around in those damned alleys, with nothing going on at all. But the moment there is somthing going on, you are WAY in over your head. You will play frantically. It is some of the best RP and plotz you will find in all of Armageddon.

Stick around, and you're bound to get sticked. With a knife. Or stick someone with a knife. And find out that was a bad idea.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Keep at it, we'll find you. Also, you'll note that I did say in my 1st post that we needed players. Have no fear, it's picking up already.

He's right...  I walked in a few days ago and well...  I'll leave the rest to imagination as I don't wanna give away too many details.  Let's just say I'm happy I did.
A staff member sends:

Alright, changed my mind. The 'rinth is awesome, and very intense. Lots of fun to be had. Come join us.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 03, 2007, 02:14:50 PM
Alright, changed my mind. The 'rinth is awesome, and very intense. Lots of fun to be had. Come join us.

I knew I'd see this post sooner or later.   ;D
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples