foraging junk

Started by Cerelum, November 19, 2007, 10:51:31 AM

Is there some tidbit of code that stops me from foraging crap.  Like twigs, and pebbles and stuff like that?  Can I aim my foraging towards certain types of materials instead of blanketing it for stone and wood?  Anyone know?

Cause I'm damn temped to just set up a trigger to junk all this...junk.. I'm coming up with.

Alas, no such code currently.

i wouldn't call you a twink for making that auto-junk trigger. it's a good idea.

better than leaving a HUGE FREAKING PILE of stones for someone else to walk by, see, and say ICly, "WOW HUGE PILE OF STONES." and then think OOCly, "that's over 200 stones. what a fucking twink."

What I would suggest is this..

If you are foraging for a certain kind of something and find a bunch of something else, then junk most of them, but leave a few for us scavengers and hunters to track you.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Is there a finite amount of "stuff" in there that can be depleted between reboots?  Or is it always "there"?
That beauty and truth should pass utterly

I don't know how the code works, so call it what you will, but I'd also advise trying new places if you don't find what you're looking for.

On one hand, maybe it's all the same code wise, but on the other hand at least it's good rp.  If you keep having luck in one spot, call it plentiful, or your lucky spot.  Have fun with it.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."