Can Halflings Grow Facial Hair?

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, September 10, 2007, 03:16:14 PM

I don't believe I've ever seen a halfling, PC or NPC, with facial hair. They are supposed to look like "children with wise faces," so I suppose a beard would be abberant. But is it physiologically possible, do you think?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Yes.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Halfling docs"Halflings are virtually hairless except for the typical unruly mane of hair which tops their heads.

I would interpret that as meaning no, they can't grow beards.

Ah, good catch. Must've missed that when I last looked over the halfling docs...
What does "virtually hairless" mean, though? No pit hair? No eyebrows? No pubes?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

That's what it sounds like. Maybe pubic hair, but no manly chest hair or bushy armpits.

From the website Halflings are virtually hairless except for the typical unruly mane of hair which tops their heads.

http://www.armageddon.org/general/races.html#halfling

So I would interpret this as most halflings have hair on their head where we would have hair. Virtually hairless for rest might mean have very tiny hairs or it could also mean that on rare occasion a mutant halfling with hair in other places not normally associated with halflings. Since assume like other races halflings could have mutants.

So a halfling could have the mutant power to grow hair on their face and butt!

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!