We're #1!

Started by Sanvean, August 18, 2007, 09:14:20 PM

...on Top MUD Sites at the moment. If you think we should stay up there, go vote by clicking on the link from the top of the GDB's main screen or from the Armageddon homepage.

Does anyone know how to setup scheduled tasks to vote? I tryed once, and failed. If I knew how, I would.

-Ken

you mean, something to remind you? In what program?

if you mean, make a script to do it automatically with your browser regardless if you are there are not . . . that's against the rules, so won't be discussed here.

I was hoping something that simply popped up the voting window at 10 AM and PM for me. Work around is scheduling IE to run and making it my homepage, since I use firefox normally.

Quote from: "Kennath"I was hoping something that simply popped up the voting window at 10 AM and PM for me. Work around is scheduling IE to run and making it my homepage, since I use firefox normally.
Good idea!
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

So a very old admin friend of mine on the MUD I used to admin on IM's me earlier asking if 2.Arm had come out.

"No, why?" I reply.

"Because they're kicking our ass in ratings."

Always a good sign. :)

We're at #7 now, let's keep up the voting, folks. Twice a day, it's good for you!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"We're at #7 now, let's keep up the voting, folks. Twice a day, it's good for you!

Pshh twice a day, you noob! :P

I probably vote 30 times a day.  :wink:

Their rules say:

How often can I vote?
Your vote will count only once every 12 hours. For the most part, the script will stop someone from inflating their votes. If I catch you cheating, I'll give you a warning, then suspend you, then ban you from the list. The integrity of this site is based on the fact that cheating will not get you to the top, and that the rankings are as fair as they can be.

Cheating is for true noobs.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

We have fallen to #8.   :(
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

We continue to cling on stubbornly to the top ten, although we've slid to #9.

I voted on there, is it one vote per day?
"He who tip-toes cannot stand; he who strides cannot walk." -- Jean de la Bruyere

You can only vote once every 12 hours, and all other votes (regardless of MUD) during that time don't count.

Cool, thanks.
"He who tip-toes cannot stand; he who strides cannot walk." -- Jean de la Bruyere

Aaiiiieee, slipped to #10.  8 votes would put us back up to #9, though, it looks like. Click that link!

Are we the only game in the top 10 right now that doesn't reward its players in some way for voting?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: "Fathi"Are we the only game in the top 10 right now that doesn't reward its players in some way for voting?

Nope.  I have played on three of the top 5 muds, two for a substantially long time, and do not recall any rewards on any of them.  Though on one I suppose you could say the reward was having the in-game harassment to vote stop.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: "Medena"
Quote from: "Fathi"Are we the only game in the top 10 right now that doesn't reward its players in some way for voting?

Nope.  I have played on three of the top 5 muds, two for a substantially long time, and do not recall any rewards on any of them.  Though on one I suppose you could say the reward was having the in-game harassment to vote stop.

Ahh, was just curious. I played on quite a few browser games that give dinky little ingame rewards if you periodically click their voting links, figured at least a few muds out there probably did the same thing.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

(Que annoying alarm) Illegal activity to offer IG perks to vote.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime